Do we expect any more outgoings?

Are there any more members of the current squad, who we think may yet leave, either permanently, or on loan? We could maybe lose one of the strikers, especially as we only really play with one anyway.  Don’t know what the injury status of Wildsmith is, but if he looks like he’s approaching fitness, a loan deal somewhere could be good. Other than that, maybe we’ll see Preston, Baker and Lee, following Kirby and Stobbs in getting loan deals elsewhere

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

I'm hoping a few more of the young'uns go out on loan and hopefully Winnall.         If FF isn't going to be played for whatever reason I'd look to try and move him on abroad for a few milliion while we can 

How would that work with the ban? Could skipping the country negate it?

56 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Are there any more members of the current squad, who we think may yet leave, either permanently, or on loan? We could maybe lose one of the strikers, especially as we only really play with one anyway.  Don’t know what the injury status of Wildsmith is, but if he looks like he’s approaching fitness, a loan deal somewhere could be good. Other than that, maybe we’ll see Preston, Baker and Lee, following Kirby and Stobbs in getting loan deals elsewhere

Wildsmiths fitness prediction is around November time.

I wouldn’t be opposed to us getting quite a few out even if just up until January. 

Winnall, Baker, Penney, Preston etc. I think our squad is a bit big if anything at the moment and hard to keep everyone motivated, match fit or in form. Why do we need 4/6 players that can cover RB/LB/Striker when only one can play there? 

6 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

How would that work with the ban? Could skipping the country negate it?

Not sure about that but he's in his last year of his contract so if he's not going to be played we might as well get summat for him

If we could get a few million from some foreign club for Forestieri I'd take it. Last year of his contract, approaching 30, I'd hate to lose him for nothing next summer and see him only play a bit part this season, whilst paying his big wages. 

Edited by RichieB

4 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Personally still think we require a left back and striker which if we do recruit in say January may see 2 or 3 leaving (Rhodes, Winnal even Forestieri)

This has been the problem since we bought Rhodes and Winnall in the same transfer window. 

Its more of a problem if we're playing 433, but you've got to play them to get them in the Shop Window, as we did with Joao. 

An unbelievable transfer policy under Carlos.

If Bullen remains in charge then most of our young players need to move on IMO.

Bullen won’t chose younger players, prefers to pick his mates.

I would be surprised if Dawson is not looking for a move, keepers need to play to improve, a transfer in January to a more progressive club would be good for him.

Thornliy, Penny and Ash Baker have seen their chances of first team football vanish since Bullen took over so again a transfer in January would be best for the three of them. 

Edited by outlaw pete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

I would be surprised if Dawson is not looking for a move, keepers need to play to improve, a transfer in January to a more progressive club would be good for him.

Thornliy, Penny and Ash Baker have seen their chances of first team football vanish since Bullen took over so again a transfer in January would be best for the three of them. 

Ha.

Yeah, because Bruce was flooding the team with all the youngsters beforehand...

Swear some of our fans occupy a perpetual state of misery.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Winnall and Rhodes do not look sharp. Take your pick and send 1 out on loan to league 1 whilst the other stays as cover. After Fox has shown he is steady at left back i would be tempted to get Penney a league 1 loan move and Baker a league 2 loan move. I think Thorniley is more ready to start and can cover other positions in emergencies, so i would keep him and play him at Rotherham with Bates at centre half. I think everyone else needs to stay for cover. Even players at bottom of the pecking order like Pelupessy. Start them in league cup to try and keep them sharp. I would rest the entire starting 11 at Rotherham and give others a try.

Starting 11 at Meadowhall anex FC.

Dawson

Moses (i prefer Iorfa at right back)

Palmer (if fit, after Tuesday it's tight between him and Fox, weird because Palmer is best right back, Palmer might need some minutes though)

Bates

Thorniley

Pelupessy

Luongo

Fessi to the left

Fraser Preston to the right

Rhodes

Nuhiu (needs to drop deeper and link play, can be good with his feet in close quarters, let Rhodes lead the line)

Bench:

Jones

Borukov

Damba

Winnall

Hunt

Iorfa

Fox

As you can tell i don't value the league cup much more than another game to get players fit and give them a chance to shine. Man city or Liverpool will win it. Sorry. Lovely if you get a big draw, but imagine if one of our core players got injured, not worth it.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ha.

Yeah, because Bruce was flooding the team with all the youngsters beforehand...

Swear some of our fans occupy a perpetual state of misery.

You have your view I have mine.

The best games I saw last season involved four of our development players.

44 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Dawson should get plenty of chances with Westwoods injury history. Thorniley will get games, he deserves to but would you pick him before Borner or Lees.

I'm not so sure about Penney, he looks to have potential so could go on loan. Same for Baker, not really ready to start for us, could get games in the cups.

Edited by prowl

32 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

You have your view I have mine.

The best games I saw last season involved four of our development players.

Really? Because from what I remember most were involved when we were playing awful turgid football under Jos. Dont get wrong I fully believe in giving youngsters a chance but I think at the moment with a settled squad rife with experience from back to front I think we should stick with what weve got. The likes of Penney, Baker and Preston, I don't see them near the first team. However Thorniley and Dawson should stick around as back up because they will get opportunities more than once this season. 

1 hour ago, NYowl said:

Winnal really needs to kickstart what was a promising career, A loan to a league one team would probably be best for all, gives Winnall a chance to start firing like he did at Derby.

I figure he could do a job at either 'uddersfield or t'dings, but I imagine t'dings are too bitter to have him back, the 6 fingered wonder boys would rather go down again.