Cheese triangle, pizza slice, whatever you call it

7 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Stood on it regularly in the 80's it was never the away end, apart from Man Utd in 85 i think.

Plans were drawn up in the mid 90's to take the curve of the North around to the Leppings Lane end, the clubs Engineers drew up the plans, but we ended up potless so it never commenced.

All that end wants demolishing and should have been in 1990.

There were quite a few games when away fans had it.

Can remember Newcastle packing it a couple of times in the early eighties 

Just now, horny owl said:

No the North West corner was called the Crows Nest back in the 80’s

Its where I stood with my dad at my first matches at that time 

I always thought that was called cheese wedge. :tango:

Then it was dole corner when unemployed were allowed to sit there with reduced priced tickets. Wasn't a great success that idea. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Crows nest is bit on Kop where Tango and his mates stand init?

That was always known as the Triangle before the seats went in,  Used to stand next to it for years.  Crows nest was on the lep when I used to go in there with my Dad in the late 60's. 

8 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

When eventually the leppings lane end gets bulldozed we will sadly be national headline news again.  With all sorts of mud thrown our way.

All all the public and  people who don't know the realities of it will be outraged that it's still standing.

We need to close that book soon.  Even if we only have 3 sides of the ground for a short space of time.

Totally dusagree. You seem too hung up on what other fans tnink. Why on earth would we spend a small fortune demolishing something that looks totally fine as it is.as and when we get promoted we will look at a new stadium or a major revamp. Until then, we have other priorities

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

Totally dusagree. You seem too hung up on what other fans tnink. Why on earth would we spend a small fortune demolishing something that looks totally fine as it is.as and when we get promoted we will look at a new stadium or a major revamp. Until then, we have other priorities

I was merely pointing out the reaction it will get.

The Leppings Lane end needs knocking down as soon as possible.  For various reasons.