Cheese triangle, pizza slice, whatever you call it

To be honest i've never stood in that corner of the stadium (Corner of away end/North Stand) and i've only seen people on it a couple of times.

In the 80s when away teams would pack that end of the ground and when we were promoted vs Wycombe.

What's the point of it now?  Couldn't they just get rid of it?  It will never be used again.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Because it matches the other seats we can't sell out

Yes but it's better to at least look like we sell a high percentage of the seats rather than barely half of it all. What is the real capacity of Hillsborough these days, just slightly over 30k? But on TV it still looks like 39k, I would remove the triangle seats and put some sort of huge advert there. 

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

To be honest i've never stood in that corner of the stadium (Corner of away end/North Stand) and i've only seen people on it a couple of times.

In the 80s when away teams would pack that end of the ground and when we were promoted vs Wycombe.

What's the point of it now?  Couldn't they just get rid of it?  It will never be used again.

Stood on it regularly in the 80's it was never the away end, apart from Man Utd in 85 i think.

Plans were drawn up in the mid 90's to take the curve of the North around to the Leppings Lane end, the clubs Engineers drew up the plans, but we ended up potless so it never commenced.

All that end wants demolishing and should have been in 1990.

Edited by WadsleyOwl

17 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

When eventually the leppings lane end gets bulldozed we will sadly be national headline news again.  With all sorts of mud thrown our way.

All all the public and  people who don't know the realities of it will be outraged that it's still standing.

We need to close that book soon.  Even if we only have 3 sides of the ground for a short space of time.

27 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Stood on it regularly in the 80's it was never the away end, apart from Man Utd in 85 i think.

Plans were drawn up in the mid 90's to take the curve of the North around to the Leppings Lane end, the clubs Engineers drew up the plans, but we ended up potless so it never commenced.

Plans were drawn up and scale model was made 30 years prior to that! ;) 

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I never understood why that area of the ground did not get a roof.

But as it was left I think they used it for the tv stand when we were on telly. I don't think SAG or SYP would ever allow people to stand there.

Only been on it once...Burnley replay in the F.A cup...didn't take up the option on me season ticket, just wandered down to pay on the night...Kop full!!

Couldn't believe it...shot round to the Lepp and ended up in the triangle...

There were more Owls fans on the Lepp than Burnley who were just in the middle section..Triangle was rammed...

Funnily enough that was in the days when there was trouble...everyone could go out in whatever direction they wanted...Go figure