Right Hand Side

22 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

i wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce tries to sign a young player on loan to compete for a left sided midfield place. I’ll stick my head out and say Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool.  I don’t think he suited the pigs style of play but Reach, Forestieri and Woodburn challenging for the left hand side should be good enough in a 442 system. 

I see Ryan Kent is still available so maybe he would be a better loan player for our left hand side.  Harris for the right side 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

The CM is a real quandary. We have supposedly one of the best CMs in the league in Bannan but just can't get the balance right. Not sure what's best to do but we definitely need some height in there and presence.

Bannan on the left 

Personally think we need to bring in a defensive midfielder like Morsy and a box to box midfielder to give us options assuming we will play with 3 in the middle on occasions. We are a wide player light as well. I’ve got a feeling that Bruce wants a striker but he will have to offload Rhodes and Winnall before this is looked at. 

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Personally think we need to bring in a defensive midfielder like Morsy and a box to box midfielder to give us options assuming we will play with 3 in the middle on occasions. We are a wide player light as well. I’ve got a feeling that Bruce wants a striker but he will have to offload Rhodes and Winnall before this is looked at. 

Agree I think he wants a striker and we do need a dm but as back up to Hutch. A fit Hutch is the best player in that position in the league IMO.

i think we’ll play more CC first season style this season. 

If bruce wants a a striker tho he could

do with offloading 3 

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree I think he wants a striker and we do need a dm but as back up to Hutch. A fit Hutch is the best player in that position in the league IMO.

i think we’ll play more CC first season style this season. 

do with offloading 3 

I massively rate Hutch but we do need some competition for him and again there’s no guarantee he will last the full season.  But ye, hutch is a top player and he also give us some leadership in the middle.  Do think we need a couple in tho. Don’t want to rely on joey next season in the event of an injury.

19 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

i think we’ll play more CC first season style this season

do with offloading 3 

I just hope we play more in the opposition half, than our own, lot to ask though.

11 hours ago, dorian gray said:

I just hope we play more in the opposition half, than our own, lot to ask though.

His first season we did ! It was his second season where he had Bannan at CB and we passed square and backwards.

First season we had Lee joining the strikers in the boy Wallace and bannan attacking from wide Pudil and Hunt hitting the touchline. We were good to watch that year.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

His first season we did ! It was his second season where he had Bannan at CB and we passed square and backwards.

First season we had Lee joining the strikers in the boy Wallace and bannan attacking from wide Pudil and Hunt hitting the touchline. We were good to watch that year.

true, but to repeat that is asking a lot.

not many sides can match liverpoo's 'Duracell bunnies'.

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Can’t see Bruce playing that way, he is a far more pragmatic manager Even last season, he set us up not to lose, rather than going all out to win the games. There isn’t a problem with that, there are more than one way to gather the points, and Bruce has proven to be pretty successful at doing just that

Edited by gurujuan

Whatever the make-up of the side/squad this coming season, one thing is for certain is that we’ll be competitive. I don’t think we’ll score a lot of goals but I think we’ll be strong defensively which will offset that weakness as it did the two seasons where we finished in the Top 6. We’ll draw a lot of games too unfortunately but over the course of the season we’ll consistently pick up points which should give us a chance of Top 6. I think our chances would improve further if Bruce can wheel and deal in the striker department but I’m doubtful about this given the likely fees the Chairman may still insist on?