Right Hand Side

So with the rumoured arrivals of both Moses Odubajo and Kadeem Harris our right hand side should be pretty strong next season and have pace, power and versatility. At times we can be adventurous and play either Iorfa or Odubajo at RB with Harris RM and then on other occasions be more defensive by playing Iorfa at RB with Odubajo RM.

If we could just mirror that strength on the left we'd be in a strong position going into next season.

2 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

So with the rumoured arrivals of both Moses Odubajo and Kadeem Harris our right hand side should be pretty strong next season and have pace, power and versatility. At times we can be adventurous and play either Iorfa or Odubajo at RB with Harris RM and then on other occasions be more defensive by playing Iorfa at RB with Odubajo RM.

If we could just mirror that strength on the left we'd be in a strong position going into next season.

Bidwell and Reach on the Left could be good. Both have a decent cross and can get up and down the flank. 

Pace and power from the Right

Quality crosses from the Left 

Yeah I think Odubajo or Harris will play on the left though 

we are going to have some serious pave and be at teams be exciting to watch players like bannan will have a field day hitting them balls 

do we think reach will go left now Harris and Odubajo and iorfa right 

Palmer, Penny? New? Forestieri 

Be some options out there be interesting how we line up 

just happy we are finally adding pace 

i wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce tries to sign a young player on loan to compete for a left sided midfield place. I’ll stick my head out and say Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool.  I don’t think he suited the pigs style of play but Reach, Forestieri and Woodburn challenging for the left hand side should be good enough in a 442 system. 

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Yeah I think Odubajo or Harris will play on the left though 

we are going to have some serious pave and be at teams be exciting to watch players like bannan will have a field day hitting them balls 

do we think reach will go left now Harris and Odubajo and iorfa right 

Palmer, Penny? New? Forestieri 

Be some options out there be interesting how we line up 

just happy we are finally adding pace 

Both Odubajo and Harris are predominantly right footed and I'm a big advocate of playing full backs and wingers on their strongest foot from the start of a game and swapping wide men during the game depending on how it shapes up. It certainly gives us options with a smaller playing squad.

7 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Both Odubajo and Harris are predominantly right footed and I'm a big advocate of playing full backs and wingers on their strongest foot from the start of a game and swapping wide men during the game depending on how it shapes up. It certainly gives us options with a smaller playing squad.

You can have who you want on the right.  If we play 4-4-2 without massively strengthening centre midfield. we will be obliterated by the better sides.

13 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

You can have who you want on the right.  If we play 4-4-2 without massively strengthening centre midfield. we will be obliterated by the better sides.

I totally agree but it's still a decent start is it not?

8 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

It is.

The CM is a real quandary. We have supposedly one of the best CMs in the league in Bannan but just can't get the balance right. Not sure what's best to do but we definitely need some height in there and presence.

I’m reasonably happy with the mooted signings, but I don’t think they’ll elevate us to promotion candidates. More quality is needed, which may well arrive later in the window. As things stand, what we seem ready to bring in, doesn’t even match what we’ve lost. It’s a decent base though, but much will depend on what we do next. At least we will have brought the average age down, which we needed to do

Playing 2 in CM is a risk these days, a lot of teams play a 3.

If you want to keep the ball and pass through the 3rds then you are going to struggle with a 4-4-2.

Thats why teams have started using a back 3 more, that way they can keep a front 2 but also have 3 in CM.

Hutch and Bannan aren't a bad pairing, but Bannan is there to mainly be creative in possession, he's a bit lightweight defensively. Hutch is quality but I think we are asking too much of him in a pair with his potential to breakdown.

I don't actually mind Pelupessy, he's just a bit careless in possession.

I would only use a 4-4-2 if we were going to get the ball wide quickly and attack down both sides, which is something that could happen with the players we have been linked with.

We then use Bannan to switch the play from side to side, that way we move a packed defensive unit about.

That set up would suit Fletcher, Joao, Winnall and Rhodes.

For it to be mega effective we would need a fitter Hutch.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Playing 2 in CM is a risk these days, a lot of teams play a 3.

If you want to keep the ball and pass through the 3rds then you are going to struggle with a 4-4-2.

Thats why teams have started using a back 3 more, that way they can keep a front 2 but also have 3 in CM.

Hutch and Bannan aren't a bad pairing, but Bannan is there to mainly be creative in possession, he's a bit lightweight defensively. Hutch is quality but I think we are asking too much of him in a pair with his potential to breakdown.

I don't actually mind Pelupessy, he's just a bit careless in possession.

I would only use a 4-4-2 if we were going to get the ball wide quickly and attack down both sides, which is something that could happen with the players we have been linked with.

We then use Bannan to switch the play from side to side, that way we move a packed defensive unit about.

That set up would suit Fletcher, Joao, Winnall and Rhodes.

For it to be mega effective we would need a fitter Hutch.

That’s true, it’s extremely difficult for a two in midfield. Both Bannan and Hutchinson, are ill suited to playing in a two

30 minutes ago, Bez said:

That about:

Westwood

Iorfa  Lees  Borner  Odubajo

Harris  Hutch  Bannan  Reach

Fletcher  Forestieri

That midfield is too weak to take on the better sides.

57 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

That midfield is too weak to take on the better sides.

I would prefer we bring in Morsy to dominate midfield. 

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Borner Palmer

Morsy Hutch

Reach Bannan Odubajo

Fletcher 

5 minutes ago, Bez said:

I would prefer we bring in Morsy to dominate midfield. 

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Borner Palmer

Morsy Hutch

Reach Bannan Odubajo

Fletcher 

Nope, that’s not doing it for me either

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Main thing, I reckon, would be goals. Fletcher doesn’t score enough, and there won’t be many from Bannan or Odubajo

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Borner Odubajo

Lee Hutch Bannan

Harris Fletch FF