I Follow next season

One game left and I reckon Rob and John are doing a good job. Question is do we want Radio Sheffield back next season with all the going around the sheds. I pay what I think is a decent amount of cash to listen to Wednesday matches not United, Rotherham, Barnsley etc As they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Don't want to hear " Wednesday with a free kick in a great position here, How are United doing Alan Biggs? anymore

Discuss.

Edited by darra

It doesn't matter who does the commentary it would still use I Follow as the carrier it's whether we have a dedicated channel as we have now or share it with other clubs for some matches. I would rather have the dedicated channel we have now.

Speaking as an overseas subscriber.

The same problem still remains with iFollow. The better Wednesday play the less matches will be on iFollow. United have been on nearly every week for the last two months and although i'd love that to be Wednesday it'd annoy me to pay 180€ or whatever it is to only have commentary and hardly any live games. These are contractual problems with Sky and overseas providers which are probably not going to change regardless of how much the clubs/supporters dig in. Silver lining this season was that Wednesday have not been on Sky/blackout much this season so it was money well spent, hopefully next season that will change.

In the UK it's uninterrupted commentary every week. Not sure how you are watching/listening. My friends in the US and Belgium watch our matches every week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Ifollow is ok. 

Would be good to have an official opportunity to watch live in UK though. It's not going to happen. Will have to learn how to get a live stream in UK. 

I live in UK and have no problem at all with watching iFollow .No vpn or anything.

Edited by hatowl

We use a VPN

It's about time someone got their act together and realised there is a market for iFollow in this country without people having to be sneaky about it

We both have season tickets, and I would much rather be at the game, so we go to the game, even though we could watch it on ifollow

My health issues doesn't allow me to go to away games, so we pay to watch through ifollow

We've recently bought another 3 year season ticket, so we're not doing the club out of money by getting ifollow, if they find a way to block us, they will lost a payer, and we won't be able to watch away games anymore, who wins in that senario?

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

Maybe season ticket buyers should get a free or decently discounted subscription with their ticket

I forget how much ifollow is, think its just over £100, which I think is bloody good value, we've been able to watch most of the away games this season

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

The commentator with JP is shocking always getting things and players wrong 

He does alright you should listen to some of the other clubs to see how lucky we are. Tbh not noticed him getting it wrong that often. Heard both him and John complaining about where they're sat sometimes. One time they couldn't see a part of the pitch because of a post. Remember John complaining once because the crowd kept standing up and blocking their view or something.

Edited by darra

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

They are usually sat in a press area amongst the home supporters at away matches. JP gets pretty intense which I like.

It's the away matches where they get the problems. IIRC things were upgraded in Hillsborough press box recently. As I said I don't want to go back to the days of going around the grounds again if we don't have to. Or listening to the likes of Giddins trying to not sound happy if we go behind.

Edited by darra

I think if Chansiri got Sheff Wed TV going it would be an income spinner.  £100 per year subscription, £10-15 per match home or away.  Buy cameras and set up for Hillsborough and hook on to other grounds steam with our JP and RON as travelling commentators.  I bet a huge number of fans would go for that.  

Just worked out that at £10 a game with subscriptions of £100 per season and just 4000 supporters buying would be worth over £3m per year.

Edited by swinners

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 28/04/2019 at 02:14, A12owl said:

Ifollow is ok. 

Would be good to have an official opportunity to watch live in UK though. It's not going to happen. Will have to learn how to get a live stream in UK. 

Get to the game lad!! Lol

On 27/04/2019 at 21:43, hugeowl said:

The commentator with JP is shocking always getting things and players wrong 

This so much, even to the point of mixing up skin colours. He called Nuhiu Palmer early on in the season and the last match against Bristol he mixed up their bearded white 6ft midfielder with the smaller black winger more than once. It is a source of humour when I watch it with my dad though, could maybe start a pool or a drinking game using it.

I do enjoy the commentary and am very happy that they managed to get it working in sync with the video feed this season. JP's blue and white glasses are awesome as well :D