I Follow next season

Its definitely Rob. He may just need some new glasses :) Don't get me wrong, it doesn't detract from the commentary, just adds some light hearted entertainment for those who clue it. As do the mostly god awful cameramen. Some of them like to film the game in first person view others have no idea where the ball is. 

23 hours ago, swinners said:

I think if Chansiri got Sheff Wed TV going it would be an income spinner.  £100 per year subscription, £10-15 per match home or away.  Buy cameras and set up for Hillsborough and hook on to other grounds steam with our JP and RON as travelling commentators.  I bet a huge number of fans would go for that.  

Just worked out that at £10 a game with subscriptions of £100 per season and just 4000 supporters buying would be worth over £3m per year.

You need to factor out all midweek games that Sky subscribers get on the red button for no additional cost. iFollow becomes more expensive per game for Sky subscribers as once you deduct the "Free" games they get with their SKY subscription. Then take out all the pals who go to watch at their pals house/pub etc.

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:48, GerOwl said:

Speaking as an overseas subscriber.

The same problem still remains with iFollow. The better Wednesday play the less matches will be on iFollow. United have been on nearly every week for the last two months and although i'd love that to be Wednesday it'd annoy me to pay 180€ or whatever it is to only have commentary and hardly any live games. These are contractual problems with Sky and overseas providers which are probably not going to change regardless of how much the clubs/supporters dig in. Silver lining this season was that Wednesday have not been on Sky/blackout much this season so it was money well spent, hopefully next season that will change.

Agree on that.. BUT in Canada a subscription to DAZN gives me the "missing games" plus MLS...    DAZN lets me watch the game after it's finished (so I can sleep in)...  
Would love to see iFollow do the following next season (obviously for us overseas fans):
a) Allow us to watch on same day - but not have to wake up early to do it (i.e. what DAZN lets me do).  Case in point - next weeks game is on at 4:30am here.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
b) Make it possible to stream to my AppleTV - they would need to create an App for that ... how difficult is it to make that happen?

I will say that iFollow is much better this season - having the clock on the screen PLUS the commentary lining up with the play has been a vast improvement...
WAWAW from Sunny Vancouver

Quick Question regarding iFollow...  I wonder if anyone on here has the stats for this service.  I had received an questionnaire a couple of years back asking if I would be interested in this service (which I was)...   How many subscribers does the service have both in UK and overseas?
I know that Wednesday and Leeds have the biggest following overseas... has that equated into larger numbers for us compared to other clubs (I think Leeds have their own service but could be wrong)...
Just curious..  wouldn't want to see this service disappear due to lack of interest...

1 hour ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Agree on that.. BUT in Canada a subscription to DAZN gives me the "missing games" plus MLS...    DAZN lets me watch the game after it's finished (so I can sleep in)...  

This.

Any games not on i-follow in the U.S. are on ESPN+.  Which is a great service to have for just $5 a month.  Gives me access to loads of sport - not just the missing SWFC games.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

IFollow is crap unless you get it for free.

I’m not renewing for next season. It’s going the same way as Sky Sports i.e. I’m giving it the elbow and shall never return to the service.

Like Sky Sports, iFollow haven’t done anything to resolve my issues with the service. I’ve repeatedly reported problems this season and often not even had the courtesy of a reply, so stuff them. Done with them.

Like the Tories, who have failed to deliver on Brexit, and shall suffer the consequences, so will iFollow for providing a service that is often not fit for purpose.

Edited by theowlsman

A good point is that a lot of iptv providers also have a load of ifollow channels as well. Certainly a way to circumnavigate the need for a specific service. 

3 hours ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Would love to see iFollow do the following next season (obviously for us overseas fans):
a) Allow us to watch on same day - but not have to wake up early to do it (i.e. what DAZN lets me do).  Case in point - next weeks game is on at 4:30am here.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
b) Make it possible to stream to my AppleTV - they would need to create an App for that ... how difficult is it to make that happen?

I will say that iFollow is much better this season - having the clock on the screen PLUS the commentary lining up with the play has been a vast improvement...
WAWAW from Sunny Vancouver

That's the big annoying thing about I Follow. I don't mind watching it the day after as they usually have the full match available for me to watch Monday evening. Unless i've been accessing it incorrectly, I usually know the score or have an idea how Wednesday have done before then - especially when attempting to access the rerun or the highlights. I'd love to know of a link or something that they do where you select the match, knowing that you don't have any idea how they've got on.

Plus the 3pm kick offs are usually anytime between 2am to 4am Sunday morning for us citizens of the land of the long white cloud. 

I may subscribe again this year as I got rid of it last year

It has been 99% faultless this season and no doubt I will be renewing. I have been paying since the Wednesday Player days and iFollow is far superior. 

The only issue I have, which has been mentioned before, is when we're on Sky or the 3pm TV game iFollow only provide commentary. As a paying customer for the full season I think this shouldn't happen and I have emailed them before about it.

If we're on Sky let's say 10 times next season and then also selected for a fair few 3pm TV games then it could be a 1/3 or 1/4 of the games not shown. 

Our commentary is about the only good part of iFollow, image quality is poor, no replays for most games, only 720p, low bitrate, 23fps is poor these days. ESPN+ (for comparison) is 720p, 60fps, 7Mbit and only £39 per year. There's no way to watch our games on iFollow on demand without seeing spoilers of the score (in case of work/sleep/whatever), there's no way to watch iFollow on an Android media player (Android app is phone only), often issues with login on one browser to find it's not working right and then when you try another browser you get accused of multiple logins and blocked. For next season unless there's massive changes I'll be sticking with IPTV.

On 30/04/2019 at 10:59, Bulldog said:

I have IPTV which allows you to watch every championship game live home & away.......allegedly :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

For next season unless there's massive changes I'll be sticking with IPTV.

...less half the price too, isn't it?  £60 for a year, £140 ish for iFollow...