nice gesture from DC

I am pretty sure if this happened at one of the BBC or Sky Circle jerk clubs they would be putting up endless news posts and blogs about it.

It is a real shame that the only place I saw it was on here.  It is the sort of story that is needed, the year of Jos did so much damage to the relationship between fans and the board at Hillsborough we need more stories like this.

5 hours ago, Dan™ said:

First I've heard of a family fun day, is this from the pre-season thing in Hillsborough park?

Good on Mr.C anyway though, he always comes across as a very respectable chap.

The club advertised it via their website and social media channels though the date was only announced about 5 weeks ago. 

Up until last Friday I didn't see any mention of it in here so I added a thread. https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/282013-wawaw-fun-day-this-sunday/

I've been the last couple of years with my young son they've been fantastic oppurtunities. Ground tour with treasure hunt theme last year. This year he's a bit older so played on the pitch.

He had a great day other than getting the ball hitting him the chest but then Barney, Ozzie and Fernando (his favourite player) ensured he was ok and encouraged him back on.

I played on the pitch in the fans v staff game with the club donating the whole kit to all fans taking part.

DC was sat in the away dugout for the fans v staff game as Att as playing for the staff team. Myself and my son thanked him personally as much of the elements of day we enjoyed most you'd normally have to pay a great deal for. Though events like this capture kids for life so very much worth doing though I think the club are missing a trick a little as I feel more people would've come if it had been publicised more in advance.

FB_IMG_1555370864435.jpg

FB_IMG_1555370824257.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

There could be reason for it but why was the fun day not arrange for this Saturday which is Easter for everyone, we also do not have a game as we play Good Friday and Monday.

I think they did the same thing last year and choice a day when most of the local kids not in Sheffield were still in classes. 

Your can have the best ideas in the world but if you don't pick the day everyone can come, get the weather, or tell anyone it is happening a few months in advance, people simply won't turn up. 

Maybe that's why they did it on a weekend this time.

4 hours ago, whatevertrevor said:

It was just a joke mate, to a single/childless guy the idea of a 'family fun day' sends a chill down my spine, but obviously I'm not the target market. Wasn't a criticism at all, just a joke.

I got your joke mate..... and I've got kids! Some people on here just love a flounce tho! :tango:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, prowl said:

Not if you have kids. Parents just want to take them somewhere they can be entertained for a couple of hours. The little blighters aren't too demanding, any sort of rubbish will do.

Not sure about that last bit.

My mate took his young un to watch us play under Jos Luhukay, think it has put the lad off footy for life! WTF:

a lot of clubs have fan zones before there games ,I know villa,leeds and Bristol city do and im sure loads more do , we had upto xmas but think they been scapped due to been running at a loss , id imagine that the vans ,stalls selling food drink etc would have been charged a hefty sum to pitch up and probably not even covering there fee ,looks like same has happened on sunday , though I doubt there were huge amounts there as I think you had to book in advance about going on pitch or having a tour of dressing rooms and round the back , I didn't go as I only heard about it last minute , I always take the kids to owls in the park though.  well done to chansiri I hope he stays for some time ,the only thing he needs to do is restructure match day prices make a lot less bands and do away with stupid membership at £100 ,we need to get back the supporters what we have lost or are losing as we don't want kids supporting the dark side in the future do we. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

There could be reason for it but why was the fun day not arrange for this Saturday which is Easter for everyone, we also do not have a game as we play Good Friday and Monday.

I think they did the same thing last year and choice a day when most of the local kids not in Sheffield were still in classes. 

Your can have the best ideas in the world but if you don't pick the day everyone can come, get the weather, or tell anyone it is happening a few months in advance, people simply won't turn up. 

I think you might have answered your own question there. You wouldn't arrange a fun day the players will be at between 2 (potentially, though not now) big games in 4 days.

10 hours ago, mkowl said:

Does anybody ever buy anything from these stalls 

Some bloke from Thailand purchases one item from each vendor. 

I'm going to rent a stall next time round. I don't expect to sell much, but only need to sell one item to make it worthwhile. Cheapest thing will be £10,000

17 hours ago, room0035 said:

With a match two days later, wouldn't be wise to have 100's of people trample all over the pitch maybe?