nice gesture from DC

18 minutes ago, whatevertrevor said:

Lovely gesture.

On another note, any event with any combination of the words 'family', 'fun' and 'day' sounds horrific. 

Not if you have kids. Parents just want to take them somewhere they can be entertained for a couple of hours. The little blighters aren't too demanding, any sort of rubbish will do.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, whatevertrevor said:

Lovely gesture.

On another note, any event with any combination of the words 'family', 'fun' and 'day' sounds horrific. 

I went and thought it was good. Quite quiet but not surprising, not really a thing you could spend a full day at. Players just casually walking around the stadium, joining in with the kids playing football, allowing photos or talking to them, playing Fifa. Really nice thing to do and something DC doesn't have to allow because it will cost him a fair bit of money for the staff needed.

As for the sellers, think they was poorly placed tbh. They was under the south stand where no foot traffic was going, everything was going on between the club shop and in to the ground

Nice gesture from DC refunding

2 hours ago, whatevertrevor said:

Lovely gesture.

Yeah..... trying to arrange something fun during the school holidays to try and get the next generation interested in Sheffield Wednesday.

What an "horrific" thought :blink:

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Yeah..... trying to arrange something fun during the school holidays to try and get the next generation interested in Sheffield Wednesday.

What an "horrific" thought :blink:

It was just a joke mate, to a single/childless guy the idea of a 'family fun day' sends a chill down my spine, but obviously I'm not the target market. Wasn't a criticism at all, just a joke.

• Like 2

There could be reason for it but why was the fun day not arrange for this Saturday which is Easter for everyone, we also do not have a game as we play Good Friday and Monday.

I think they did the same thing last year and choice a day when most of the local kids not in Sheffield were still in classes. 

Your can have the best ideas in the world but if you don't pick the day everyone can come, get the weather, or tell anyone it is happening a few months in advance, people simply won't turn up. 

Edited by room0035

Guest Ash76

Took on board that some couldn’t attend last year because the holidays were different depending on where you lived. This year does it on a weekend and still people moan

We didn’t go this year as the lad had a game but I ain’t going to cry about it.

From what I’ve heard though it was better than last year so we’ll done Wednesday and we’ll done DC on the OP

And I've just seen it on Facebook again (I know it's past the date, but still.

Don't know what else could be done?

Would be interested to know how successful it was though, baring in mind that owls in the park is always a success.

Went down for an hour in the afternoon.  

A few different activities in the Club Shop Car Park and people allowed on pitch with kids and one Big Kid (me) taking penalties and having mini games.  Great for people who have not been on the pitch before.

Also players milling around on pitch and in South Stand Suite playing FIFA with the kids.  Joao, Fletcher, Fox, Nuhiu, Hec, Aarons, Iorfa, Reach, Pelupessey and Onomah were there when we were.  

Good effort from club to put on but as for the stalls they were very poorly positioned under the back of the South Stand.  In hindsight they would have been better in the Shop Car Park.  Lessons learnt for hopefully if they do something similar again.

• Like 2