Palmer

9 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

His level of awareness of what is happening around him has come on leaps and bounds.

Westwood? Hutch? Bruce himself? But somehow he has learnt to look over his shoulder constantly and as Bruce said in the interview his players have to put a shift in. Fitness shouldn't be a problem.

Keep it up Liam lad.

Consecutive managers have lauded Palmer, and some on here - including myself at times, have derided him.

Some of those times he has warranted the criticism.    Being as unfit as he was under Carlos was a total disgrace, and I hope he looks back at those times and regrets it. 

But I say this and i'm almost in shock of myself saying it - he's first player on the team sheet for me right now.

20 years at the club so far, I hope he see's his playing career out with us, he will probably have earnt it should that happen - AND I do think he will play for us in the top flight.

1 hour ago, ItzzOwl said:

Get him a new contract! Absolute beast of a performance again, but a Reyt battle in! 

Looked a different player recently 

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

He’s to good to play for Scotland. :-)

Right back is Scotland’s weakest and problem position and has been for a while. Palmer likely won’t shift Paterson and become the regular but it is astonishing that Palmer hasn’t had a call up before now.

It is interesting to see how the dynamics have change, six months ago Palmer was public enemy number one, played as a wing back in a back five, and with his contract coming to an end many thought it was time for him to be moved on - Palmer then is played as a full back in a 442 formation and ups his game. Now being selected / touted for Scotland. At the same time Bruce comes in and we then buy Iorfa, a ready made replacement right back.

Palmer is suddenly flavour of the month (well deserved).

Now contract talks are about to start Palmer may wait it out and see what offers come in for him as an out of contract ( Scottish international). So we have the problem, does he get a new contract, is Iorfa surplus already ,will Iorfa become Lees central defender partner.

What ever, Palmer has played himself into a good negotiating position at the end of the season - just like Nuhu did and we all no how that has ended up!