VAR - Handball?

2 minutes ago, Lombado said:

It was used only to ensure that we didn't get our penaly kick, as it wouldn't have been fair for another prem club to get knocked out of their cup.

Haha but to be honest ours wasn’t a penalty and theirs was , wasn’t the FA’s fault we came to defend and not make a game of it for our brilliant supporters !!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lombado said:

It was used only to ensure that we didn't get our penaly kick, as it wouldn't have been fair for another prem club to get knocked out of their cup.

Would really have screwed the FA budget with only the two Manchester sides left in from the big hitters 

On 28/01/2019 at 16:06, dewsburyowl58 said:

Haha but to be honest ours wasn’t a penalty and theirs was , wasn’t the FA’s fault we came to defend and not make a game of it for our brilliant supporters !!!

Wouldn't have been a penalty if they'd spotted the handball in the build up.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:06, dewsburyowl58 said:

What did you expect us to do? Go all guns blazing from the outset and end up 'doing a Burton'? Or keep it tight and try and snatch something in the last half hour?  

2 hours ago, Bramhall Owl said:

What did you expect us to do? Go all guns blazing from the outset and end up 'doing a Burton'? Or keep it tight and try and snatch something in the last half hour?  

You appear happy with our set up , I wasn’t , there’s more to tactics than all out defending or guns blazing 

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You appear happy with our set up , I wasn’t , there’s more to tactics than all out defending or guns blazing 

There was a game plan which was based on containment which unfortunately didn't work but I think it was our best chance of getting something.

To put it in context, I'm watching Newcastle at HOME to City who are sat back and showing less attacking intent than we did

6 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

There was a game plan which was based on containment which unfortunately didn't work but I think it was our best chance of getting something.

To put it in context, I'm watching Newcastle at HOME to City who are sat back and showing less attacking intent than we did

I literally read this post about 3 seconds before Newcastle scored...

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Me too, but it kind of proves the point that it is possible do nothing but contain and then score.....twice!

1 hour ago, Bramhall Owl said:

I never want to see our team adopt Newcastle’s approach to a game they were an absolute disgrace last season against Man City . Awful 

VAR only gets called into action when ref has blown the whistle to determine if his decision is correct. All incidents a ref overlooks will never be picked up by VAR, which shows yet another weakness of the tech... as it won't apply to all situations, only those where a ref takes action.

11 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I never want to see our team adopt Newcastle’s approach to a game they were an absolute disgrace last season against Man City . Awful 

It wasn't pretty and I wouldn't be happy either but Rafa's argument is no doubt that the end justified the means. I'm not having a dig at you here but it would be interesting to know what the reaction would have been if we'd done the same and sneaked a win on Sunday...….Agnew tactical genius?