All the Dawson haters

4 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

There are no Dawson haters.

Literally what i joined the thread late to type, and then thought "this must've been in the first couple of comments".

Thank you. Obvious as the day is long*.

*Not today, it gets dark well early now.

2 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

When was the last time you saw wildsmith play? I saw him a few weeks ago and he was dodgy! In fact the last time I saw Westwood he was dodgy as well. 3rd choice my @rse

Are you claiming that he is 1st choice? Genuinely interested, not seen Wildsmith since his last first team appearance. Westwood must be appalling now so please update me.

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

That's because Westwood is the better keeper, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their head a wobble, doesn't mean that anyone hates Dawson.

How can you be so certain about that?

We haven't seen him in over a year and he wasn't playing well then.

2 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Are you claiming that he is 1st choice? Genuinely interested, not seen Wildsmith since his last first team appearance. Westwood must be appalling now so please update me.

I'll update you..tho it's from August..the manager said that Dawson was going to be his number 1 keeper for the season....and so far..he has been.

• Haha 2

Is this a serious post? Ok I will humour you. You are aware that he won't be just sat at home watching Netflix and tugging one off? He will be doing the same training every day,  so based on that really and the fact that he is better in every department (both got appalling distribution). I will give you another example, Cafu has been retired for 10 years but I would still have him over Palmer

1 minute ago, One De Bilde said:

Is this a serious post? Ok I will humour you. You are aware that he won't be just sat at home watching Netflix and tugging one off? He will be doing the same training every day,  so based on that really and the fact that he is better in every department (both got appalling distribution). I will give you another example, Cafu has been retired for 10 years but I would still have him over Palmer

So on that basis Westwood's skills will never diminish no matter how old he gets, or how many injuries he suffers, or how long he is out of action? You are judging Westwood from how he was playing 18 months ago. Not really relevant right now.

Plus there is a high likelihood that other factors are at work too. One of them is that Luhukay is planning already for next season on the assumption that several experienced players will be leaving and we won't have much cash to use for replacing them. But there may be others.

I am basing it on 1 clean sheet all season. I am basing it on the fact that Dawson doesn't organise the defence, doesn't communicate and doesn't command the area. He is superb though at throwing his arms around after we have conceded or the ball has gone out of play. So based on that I would take a Westwood who has done nothing over the last 18 months, yes. As I say though it's a matter of opinions and that's what this site is for

57 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

How can you be so certain about that?

We haven't seen him in over a year and he wasn't playing well then.

Wasn't that because he was injured and played to death like other player by a certain manager.

I doubt the real reason he isn't playing is down to ability but Joe nobodies like us will never know the real reason.

22 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

I am basing it on 1 clean sheet all season. I am basing it on the fact that Dawson doesn't organise the defence, doesn't communicate and doesn't command the area. He is superb though at throwing his arms around after we have conceded or the ball has gone out of play. So based on that I would take a Westwood who has done nothing over the last 18 months, yes. As I say though it's a matter of opinions and that's what this site is for

It's obvious that the manager is using this season to get the tyros sorted out and prepare for a new reality.

Listen closely to what he had to say after tonight's game.

58 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

As I already said Dawson would be my third choice. Westwood a clear number one (no surprise) but if he cannot be selected for whatever reason I would go Wildsmith. Both Dawson and Wildsmith have their flaws but I rate Wildsmith slightly higher. All a matter of opinions

Exactly, and guess what?

There's only one opinion in the club that matters and although this may shock you to the very core, it isn't yours (nor for that matter is it mine)!

All whats written on this thread is manufactured to deflect attention away from the what has now become obvious is the people clamouring for Westwood to still be number 1 have been and are totally wrong. Dawson is very talented and Jos can see clearly that if Dawson can get the required experience at an age when he still capable of improving he will be a keeper of possibly international standard in the near future. Peoples loyalty to Westwood is wrong on many points. Just off top of my head, he has been injured, he never regained his form of 2016/17 season before injury, he over 30, he injury prone, his contract is finished soon and distribution is poor, Dawson is younger and better and shaming the OP for saying haters which everyone knows is a term used even when no hate is actually felt is a deflection from their stubborn loyalty to KW becoming increasingly obvious as a very big and obvious mistake.Dawson has made only 1 mistake this season that has cost us a goal, yet that was not good enough for some. Peter Shilton had some good seasons in the eighties that does not mean that he can still reproduce those performances now. The joy on Dawsons face at the final whistle was fantastic to see after a great performance and a clean sheet, specially after his last televised match the commentator was very quick to highlight how nervous Dawson was mainly from crosses.The KW clan now look idiotic and worse for carrying on with supporting his reinstatement. Why not shut up forget about KW and start getting behind our number 1 keeper DAWSON. Saving a penalty at the Lane is what swfc heroes are made of and the least the KW fans can do is reward the guy with support. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

All whats written on this thread is manufactured to deflect attention away from the what has now become obvious is the people clamouring for Westwood to still be number 1 have been and are totally wrong. Dawson is very talented and Jos can see clearly that if Dawson can get the required experience at an age when he still capable of improving he will be a keeper of possibly international standard in the near future. Peoples loyalty to Westwood is wrong on many points. Just off top of my head, he has been injured, he never regained his form of 2016/17 season before injury, he over 30, he injury prone, his contract is finished soon and distribution is poor, Dawson is younger and better and shaming the OP for saying haters which everyone knows is a term used even when no hate is actually felt is a deflection from their stubborn loyalty to KW becoming increasingly obvious as a very big and obvious mistake.Dawson has made only 1 mistake this season that has cost us a goal, yet that was not good enough for some. Peter Shilton had some good seasons in the eighties that does not mean that he can still reproduce those performances now. The joy on Dawsons face at the final whistle was fantastic to see after a great performance and a clean sheet, specially after his last televised match the commentator was very quick to highlight how nervous Dawson was mainly from crosses.The KW clan now look idiotic and worse for carrying on with supporting his reinstatement. Why not shut up forget about KW and start getting behind our number 1 keeper DAWSON. Saving a penalty at the Lane is what swfc heroes are made of and the least the KW fans can do is reward the guy with support. 

Dawso better than Westwood. I’ll have some of what you’re on pal!,  Ha ha ha ha ha!