Commercial department missing a trick

I was driving past Hillsborough today and popped into the superstore for the first time in probably 10 years. It's SO SO much better than it used to be, so full marks to the team for that.

I thought about buying a retro shirt, and normally wear a large. I could probably lose a few pounds but I'm not overweight. Went to put the large shirt on.....could tell it wasn't even worth trying. Tried the XL, nope. 2XL still showed off plenty of lumps and bumps. Couldn't bring myself to try the 3XL! Now I'm sure these skintight shirts are great for Love Island wannabes and the like, but for a normal bloke? When did they start making replica shirts like this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest The Horse

Should definitely make them available for digital download.

But could make even more money by going all 'George Lucas' and releasing several versions of the same thing.

- Original unaltered versions with the low quality resolution which looks like vaseline is smeared all over the camera

- HD 1080p versions

- Special Edition versions. 4k and surround sound with bonus content (modern day interviews with the players now looking back).

Different audio tracks to choose (original muckfilm background music or modern take), Big Ron audio commentary, choose John Helm commentary on or off, option to choose to play with or without gratuitous slow mo action shots and of course CGI  :enhancements' like a younger Neil Warnock flying in to the dugout on a broomstick and David Hirst drinking a pint by the corner flag.

8 hours ago, steelowl said:

detecting subtle sarcasm there mr watson

but tell me at the said board meeting where no money making stone is unturned was it discussed the importance of getting kits out for the start of every future season ?

8 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Dunno can't remember, summat about tell 'em it will be here in a couple of weeks time.

You are losing your marbles 

Holmes / Watson / Mycroft ..

lol

Watching me Watching You ....

• Haha 2

Moving off on a tangent, yes of course the commercial department is missing many tricks.

Things for instance:-

Number plates - who wouldn't want a number plate with Sheffield Wednesday in small print underneath, instead of some generic place you buy your number plate from

Bathroom Tiles.   This used to happen, I have one.   I would use it, but it says "Sheffield Wednesday, Division one" - it's THAT old, when Division one was the mutts nutts.

School merchandise.  Pens, pencils, calculator, protractor, ruler, set square, rubber with SWFC on it, etc.   What self respecting kid wouldn't want swfc related school stuff? 

Re-usable coffee cups, that you can use in coffee shops to save £0.10 each time

Bespoke house numbers you can put on your door.

Bespoke numbers you can stick on your (three) different wheeley bins, all wish some SWFC motif on them.

Quad Copters that you can buy cheap but fly good, with SWFC on the side.

Big Fat Ron size bath towels, that wrap around your general fat get, with Dalian Atkinson on.   Or Mel Sterland, or whoever.    Who wouldn't want these stars next to their manhood?

I jest with some of these, but ideas......seem lacking.    A lot of the above would generate revenue, no mistake.   Especially anything kids want.   Kids pull on heartstrings.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I thought they re-released the League Cup Final a few years back (I'm pretty sure I bought a copy). Presumably it didn't sell enough to keep making it available.

People can watch a lot of past footage on YouTube these days too, so I doubt it's really going to be cost effective to reproduce it all for the shop.

awww:carlosswfc:

• Like 1

I think the market for this type of media is limited, dare I say it's a christmas gift for your dad or grandad, a nostalgia gift...

For the younger generation, there isn't enough time to consume the media they want too, nevermind media they don't. Netflix, Gaming, TV, Other Sports, Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook etc....working, school, college or uni.

No time at all.