Commercial department missing a trick

Following on from the classic videos thread I can't help thinking the club are missing a few tricks.

Get the memorable games onto DVD and get them in the club shop

League cup final. BDM,93 semi,will to win etc etc.

Picture of Ronnie Starling holding FA cup get it coloured in 

Pictures from Southend game , player pics from 70's,80's,90's

I'm sure there's plenty more others can think of.

• Like 5

Get every available film footage of games interviews etc ..

get it remastered and let's educate the younger fan base..

We were actually quite good in spells all joking aside .....

The 79 cup marathon would be a good one if available ..

Excellent O/p "Andy"....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 2

I thought they re-released the League Cup Final a few years back (I'm pretty sure I bought a copy). Presumably it didn't sell enough to keep making it available.

People can watch a lot of past footage on YouTube these days too, so I doubt it's really going to be cost effective to reproduce it all for the shop.

1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

I thought they re-released the League Cup Final a few years back (I'm pretty sure I bought a copy). Presumably it didn't sell enough to keep making it available.

People can watch a lot of past footage on YouTube these days too, so I doubt it's really going to be cost effective to reproduce it all for the shop.

Let's just close the shop and not get any commercial income.

• Haha 1

Just now, punkskaphil said:

Good response. Clearly the club shop can only sell DVDs of footage that can easily be viewed for free online and nothing else.

The markup on DVDs is immense, everything else there is just to get them into the shop with the hope they'll add a few DVDs to their basket.

#marketing101

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobness said:

The markup on DVDs is immense, everything else there is just to get them into the shop with the hope they'll add a few DVDs to their basket.

#marketing101

How much do you think the club should charge for DVDs of footage that can be easily obtained for free, given the way our fans complain about the price of virtually everything the club tries to sell? Surely if the club had a history of good profit from past DVDs then they'd be churning them out already.

18 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Knowing our Commercial dept they probably re-released the one we lost to Arsenal instead. :duntmatter:

13 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Good response. Clearly the club shop can only sell DVDs of footage that can easily be viewed for free online and nothing else.

Think you are missing the point phil ..

We can all access poor quality images for free online .

But in the age of Cinema spec TV and sound systems 

Remastering is all the rage at the moment ...

Hillsborough revisited with Mick Lyons in Glorious 4K

Boxing Day ........

:goalie:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Think you are missing the point phil ..

We can all access poor quality images for free online .

But in the age of Cinema spec TV and sound systems 

Remastering is all the rage at the moment ...

Hillsborough revisited with Mick Lyons in Glorious 4K

Boxing Day ........

:goalie:

I understand your point. I just can't see many of our fans buying it - at least not enough to make it a decent earner for the club. If the commercial side starts to do well and profits are up then I could see them looking into it as a luxury, but not until then.

1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

I understand your point. I just can't see many of our fans buying it - at least not enough to make it a decent earner for the club. If the commercial side starts to do well and profits are up then I could see them looking into it as a luxury, but not until then.

Fair point ....

Ok so what about getting Techno wizard from I.T to sift through available footage and clean it up and get it on that big TV in the ground ..

There's no older footage played on any "montage" during match days ..

Get that Boxing Day match rammed down them scrubbers pre match when they darken our front room...

That Big Tele isn't bring used to its full potential.

That's a start at least .... 

• Like 1