na na na na na na na na Sammy Winnalllllllllll !!!

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, S70 Owl said:

Nuhui, he's terrible

Not Nuhiu's biggest fan myself, but Winnall would be fifth choice when fit. Can only see him playing if we get injuries, or him being loaned out in January. 

4 minutes ago, S70 Owl said:

yep, because the balls sticking up front perfectly at the minute with Dave, it's like playing with 10 men

Did you see how we played on Saturday? It’s not about the ball sticking, it’s about moving it quickly, and good movement 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, David1867 said:

This guy needs the Westwood treatment I'm afraid. He enjoyed his time at Derby and had a training ground bust up with FF. Should never play for the club again. 

Complete disrespect shown. 

So do you think FF should never play again for the club also ???

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Did you see how we played on Saturday? It’s not about the ball sticking, it’s about moving it quickly, and good movement 

i'd expect any professional footballer to be able to receive and release the ball with 1/2 touches. He doesn't exactly get out of gear 1 does he ?

1 minute ago, David1867 said:

FF is bigger than the club it seems 

put yourself in his shoes.

you sign for a big club during your best spell as a pro and your scoring for fun. Your promised all the world then it get thrown back in your face.

your then swapped for the clubs worst ever signing - at Derby you regain some game time and score goals in most of your starts. Get selected in every match day squad and the club and fans show the greatest of love for you. 

you then have in the back of your mind that you have to go back to the place that has treated you so badly.

i get where your coming from but not everything is as it seems.

3 minutes ago, S70 Owl said:

you sign for a big club during your best spell as a pro and your scoring for fun. Your promised all the world then it get thrown back in your face.

your then swapped for the clubs worst ever signing - at Derby you regain some game time and score goals in most of your starts. Get selected in every match day squad and the club and fans show the greatest of love for you. 

you then have in the back of your mind that you have to go back to the place that has treated you so badly.

Just get fit first Sam then show us what you can do...

• Haha 1

Well we did not get that many opportunities to get a good look at what he could do, however I am a tad undecided.  When he did get a couple of games together (and I cannot remember which they were) in the first he looked like the only Wednesday player up for it, was very good, won everything and looked a real handful.  The next he looked like he was completely out of his depth and though he tried was awful.  He did score a few good goals though, and his record at Barnsley was good, so we should give him a chance if he does get the opportunity for a run in the side. 

ps Nuhiu may not exactly be the best player in the league, but he is not a donkey and has shown that he gives a lot to the team, and you pulling him down to beat the Winnall drum detracts from your argument.

• Like 2

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

51 minutes ago, S70 Owl said:

What was he promised?

1 hour ago, S70 Owl said:

i'd expect any professional footballer to be able to receive and release the ball with 1/2 touches. He doesn't exactly get out of gear 1 does he ?

I’d also expect a footballer at this level to have a better first touch than Winnall. He runs a lot, looks busy and is capable of the odd goal but he’s not very intelligent.

Football as a striker is about more than goals nowadays, that’s why Rhodes’ career has gone downhill the last few years 

I think he’s got little chance of getting in the first team. We have 1 spot for an out and out striker and he will have to dislodge Dave, Fletch, Hooper or potentially Joao if he plays through the middle. Jos likes 2 support attackers that play wide and those positions will be taken by FF, Matias, Joao or potentially Reach.

10 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I’d also expect a footballer at this level to have a better first touch than Winnall. He runs a lot, looks busy and is capable of the odd goal but he’s not very intelligent.

Football as a striker is about more than goals nowadays, that’s why Rhodes’ career has gone downhill the last few years 

This is what rules him out for me We’ve seen the way Jos wants to play, which suits players like Nuhiu, Joao, Matias and Forestieri, who all have a good footballing brain, and a good first touch You’d probably include Hooper in that as well.