Anyone consider this 'their' squad?

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I missed Catterick by a season but those 4 are far and away the standouts …….I think the list of fallouts would be a lot longer 

Well i just caught the tail end of Cattericks time.

I think with Jack you just trusted him and there was never any doubt that he’d deliver eventually.

Howards time was awesome. We used to just batter teams into submission and it was a great time to be a Wednesdayite that was only surpassed by Ron.

He brought a different attitude and completely changed the clubs profile

We were admired and respected for our football and support and it was a joy to be part of it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Well i just caught the tail end of Cattericks time.

I think with Jack you just trusted him and there was never any doubt that he’d deliver eventually.

Howards time was awesome. We used to just batter teams into submission and it was a great time to be a Wednesdayite that was only surpassed by Ron.

He brought a different attitude and completely changed the clubs profile

We were admired and respected for our football and support and it was a joy to be part of it. 

One of the things which made Jack stand out for me was his brutal honesty . He told the fans exactly how it was ,and what was happening. 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

39108299_10155556653831811_1970178511733784576_o.jpg

This is definitely the one I'd class as my squad

The team that really got me hooked full on 

Loved Shelton and Bannister and Iain Hesford (went to all the reserve games)

Mick Lyons Tho !!

feck me, how we could do with his presence on the pitch now 

On 13/08/2018 at 14:14, @owlstalk said:

Yes they were a decent bunch weren't they.

I went to school with John P and his younger bro, Bobby lovely lad. I remember standing next to John and his dad in the cage at Leicester when we played one of the replays against Arsenal.

The squad that got me hooked though was the one with Roger Wylde, Richard Walden, Ken Knighton, David Sunley, Brian Joicey, Hugh Dowd, Peter Fox, Colin Harvey, Ian Nimmo, Phil Henson, Eric Potts, Mick Predergast, Bernard Shaw, Jimmy Mullen, Dave Cusack and a couple of others that I can't remember. I think Nimmo had a younger brother (David?) who was a small attacking player (?), but I don't think he played until a bit later.

We used to drink with Hesford, which he did mainly because he was injured and not playing, because Hodges form then kept him out, but a decent bloke that could tell a good story. Drank with Hugh Dowd too and Ian Bailey, whose Mrs had the Wadsley Jack for a while, a pub which had previously had Jack Witham as landlord when it was the Star Inn.

Dave Sunley came up to our school a couple of times, when he was out injured I think, but it was a long time ago in another episode of dark days for the club. Apart from the recent dips in our fortunes with a couple more short stays in the third division, this was our first drop down to the third tier and hopefully that can be our last for a long long time.

UTO!

On 13/08/2018 at 15:14, @owlstalk said:

That was a great team and a great season.. Remember being on kop when crowd was 49k for a couple of games (Newcastle 4-2 was one)... The thing that gets me about football then was the same team played every match and there was none of the 'injuries' you see now, oh and 1 sub!