ifollow not working properly

Anyone else having issues when they try to sign in? I paid my $185 AUD and thought it would be working same as last season. But when I log in none of the links work at all! Can't watch any highlight videos and couldn't watch the Villarreal game.. (luckily someone posted the link to villareal tv on here, thanks!). This is on my macbook on Chrome and Safari, and through the Sheffield Wednesday app on my phone! All of which worked fine last year. Thought I'd wait a few days and see if it improves but still can't access anything, so now worried I won't be able to watch Wigan.. 

15 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Anyone else having issues when they try to sign in? I paid my $185 AUD and thought it would be working same as last season. But when I log in none of the links work at all! Can't watch any highlight videos and couldn't watch the Villarreal game.. (luckily someone posted the link to villareal tv on here, thanks!). This is on my macbook on Chrome and Safari, and through the Sheffield Wednesday app on my phone! All of which worked fine last year. Thought I'd wait a few days and see if it improves but still can't access anything, so now worried I won't be able to watch Wigan.. 

A little off point but when were the replays of games available to you Rob? I would happily pay the money but the website says nothing is available until 12pm GMT the day after the game which basically means around sunday midnight for me. Can't justify watching live every week as they are 2,3 & 4am...and i already have a toddler stealing enough of my sleep.

40 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

A little off point but when were the replays of games available to you Rob? I would happily pay the money but the website says nothing is available until 12pm GMT the day after the game which basically means around sunday midnight for me. Can't justify watching live every week as they are 2,3 & 4am...and i already have a toddler stealing enough of my sleep.

Think it was usually the day after yeah. In Australia midnight saturday kickoff usually works ok for me.  Midweek games waking up at 4.30am is painful though! 

6 hours ago, robswfc said:

ok its probably something at my end then. I've emailed them now so hopefully they can advise how to sort it. Maybe my internet connection blocking the site somehow? Anyone any ideas?

You should try the on line text help, I find them very good. Just click the button in bottom right of screen.

Now the midweek games are being shown live on Sky I'm getting a Slingbox so I can record the matches on UK set top box and then stream to my device here.  Issue with iFollow is that you can't record the games so if they're shown in the middle of the night it's useless.  

I guess living in AU/ NZ would be OK as the midweek games would be first thing in the morning before work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Now the midweek games are being shown live on Sky I'm getting a Slingbox so I can record the matches on UK set top box and then stream to my device here.  Issue with iFollow is that you can't record the games so if they're shown in the middle of the night it's useless.  

I guess living in AU/ NZ would be OK as the midweek games would be first thing in the morning before work.

NZ actually, AU would still be silly o'clock!

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Issue with iFollow is that you can't record the games so if they're shown in the middle of the night it's useless. 

They can actually be downloaded just takes a little bit of tech savvy, definitely not easy for the average user though.

21 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

Can you still use the work around if based in the UK?

My mate can't get the subscription page to load at all using the standard method. Using a well-known paid service with hundreds of servers worldwide, etc.

Says there may of course still be some that do work, as he understands they'd have to be blocked individually - but he's yet to find one after casually jumping around from server to server for a good while to test it out.

My mate is a bit vexed.

Yessir, my mate. :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

My mate can't get the subscription page to load at all using the standard method. Using a well-known paid service with hundreds of servers worldwide, etc.

Says there may of course still be some that do work, as he understands they'd have to be blocked individually - but he's yet to find one after casually jumping around from server to server for a good while to test it out.

My mate is a bit vexed.

Yessir, my mate. :ph34r:

Haha! You'll have to let me know how your mate gets on.

#askingforafriend

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

Haha! You'll have to let me know how your mate gets on.

#askingforafriend

Tbf even if it doesn't work, he'll be able to watch any games that aren't on between 14.45-17.15 Saturdays anyway now (I think - they do their best to make this stuff about as clear as last week's porridge):

In a second development, and in what is a first for English football, some Sky Bet EFL matches will also be made available to watch to supporters within the UK and Ireland throughout the 2018/19 season via iFollow.

This development has been made possible due to the new broadcast agreement with Sky which was agreed last year, whereby EFL Clubs have been granted the rights to stream games to a domestic audience, in addition to their followers overseas which has been available since the start of 2017/18.

EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services.

Think it's something daft like a tenner a game for domestic fans, but at least the option's there if you've no chance of getting to the game and really want to see it (well, at least some of it, hopefully :duntmatter:) rather than just listen in.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Is that the same as you sent me quite some time back?

I used down load the full match videos but last season I found I couldn't do it anymore ( I can't remember what the problem was)

Is this recording the live stream or saving the full match videos for offline viewing?

Either way, would you send me the pm as well please?

TIA