First post.

18 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

Notable mouthy Blunts of our year were S. Sorsby, R. (Cack Man) Groves, I. Pears, B. Murphy, A. Stanford.

Any others come to mind?

P.S. Sgt. Wilko is excused for any undeserved corporal punishment inflicted on those wretched souls.

WTF:

Add to that list I Henderson and D Ritchie.

Two of the names above ending up as recruits of the BBC. I was playing football with others of a similar persuasion at the time and drinking down London Road. I was the only Owl who could end up in the middle of a Wednesday v Blades scuffle and chat about how their lasses were getting on LOL.

Stephen Crabtree is one of us. As is Scissors. Said hello to him at Man City when they thrashed us a few seasons ago.

17 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

No, it's the same one, he was a teacher there from 75-78 at which point he left to become the head coach for Nottinghamshire FA and from there to Notts County and us.

You are missing his stint as player manager at Matlock Town.

Welcome Owl Stork. Probably know each other as was at Abbeydale Grange around the same time. Also had the record for number of slipperings in a single period (@ 9x) which given the subsequent ban on corporal punishment will never be beaten.

Howard fondly remembers his time at AG even if some of us do not necessarily remember him quite so fondly.lol

He does however have some interesting thoughts on player recruitment @ SWFC over the past three years.......but that's a topic over a quiet beer sometime rather than on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just read the last two posts:-

Dwayne Ritchie cannot be included. He started life as a Geordie as he thinks thats who his father supported then switched. Yopu know what they say about someone who switches football teams.

Stuart Sorsby was always a tense little Fecker. 

As for Cack man Groves, he was a proper tool. I remember him turning up at S6 as part of a mob of United who suddenly went quiet when confronted by some lads wearing long trousers.

:Pelupessy:

Scissors was Wednesday. As were Cundy and Jones. Entwistle and Turley were not that bothered either way. If by B.Murphy you mean Brendan, I cannot recall him being big enough to be mouthy.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Dwayne Ritchie cannot be included. He started life as a Geordie as he thinks thats who his father supported then switched. Yopu know what they say about someone who switches football teams.

As for Cack man Groves, he was a proper tool. I remember him turning up at S6 as part of a mob of United who suddenly went quiet when confronted by some lads wearing long trousers.

Scissors was Wednesday. As were Cundy and Jones. Entwistle and Turley were not that bothered either way. If by B.Murphy you mean Brendan, I cannot recall him being big enough to be mouthy.

You do make me laugh. An amusing assessment. lol

Ps - what did you get slippered for? Was it for failing to be quiet per chance :ph34r:?

Edited by theowlsman

1 hour ago, Reallondonowl said:

Yes Duane supported NUFC first and foremost. He must have had issues. Interesting that you say that I was not bothered either way! Maybe because I wasn't mouthy like some, but I used to go regularly to matches with Colton, Jones and Cundy and always followed fervently from afar. This is Mark I guess?

BTW Brendan wrote a book about Sheffield FC and is still an active supporter of the other lot. Still one of my best pals despite his bad life choices.

:duntmatter:

We need a Sharrow Lane / Abbeydale Grange thread.

Would be like a school reunion thing. You know, you turn up then realise that nobody you used to mix with from school turned up, and instead you have to spend time reminiscing with people who weren’t really in your circle of school friends, but who you once shared a dinner table with.

About the only thing you then agree on is that you all fancied the long blonde haired English teacher (Miss Nicholls?) including the beefy girl from the school hockey team, who is now openly out. Then you remember Colin Wightman used to get a stiffy on in her class.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

We need a Sharrow Lane / Abbeydale Grange thread.

Would be like a school reunion thing. You know, you turn up then realise that nobody you used to mix with from school turned up, and instead you have to spend time reminiscing with people who weren’t really in your circle of school friends, but who you once shared a dinner table with.

About the only thing you then agree on is that you all fancied the long blonde haired English teacher (Miss Nicholls?) including the beefy girl from the school hockey team, who is now openly out. Then you remember Colin Wightman used to get a stiffy on in her class.

Well Miss Nippl3s would be glad to know that we can all pass the stringent grammar police test, despite spending most of our time in lessons staring at her semi-colons. Not so sure about Wightman though.

:carlosswfc:

• Haha 2

On 20/07/2018 at 13:40, Zlin Owl said:

I too am looking forward to seeing my beloved team again. Returning home at the end of August from an 8 year stint in the Czech Republic. Will miss the weather here and cheap beer but so many things to look forward too, like going to matches with my daughter who has talked about nothing else since she knew of our move.

Oh and welcome to Owlstalk, you may live to regret it lol

Have you partaken in any of those czech videos off tinternet?:stuwinky:

4 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Add to that list I Henderson and D Ritchie.

Two of the names above ending up as recruits of the BBC. I was playing football with others of a similar persuasion at the time and drinking down London Road. I was the only Owl who could end up in the middle of a Wednesday v Blades scuffle and chat about how their lasses were getting on LOL.

Stephen Crabtree is one of us. As is Scissors. Said hello to him at Man City when they thrashed us a few seasons ago.

Who is Scissors? Maybe the butch girl from hockey? :ph34r: Was that Meg G btw? She played rugby and drank pints.

7 hours ago, Freshfish said:

Welcome ‘Stork’. Lindy would have loved you!

..*..long story but think muck/bath and use your imagination and you’ll not be far off understanding..*...:goalie:

When I first noticed Stork's user name I wondered if it might be Lindy, until I read his posts

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Owl Stork said:

Who is Scissors? Maybe the butch girl from hockey? :ph34r: Was that Meg G btw? She played rugby and drank pints.

Andrew Sissons? Good footballer, tricky, fast, think he played for the school team as a winger?

And yes, I think the hockey player was Meg. Name rings a bell. Hung around with mad as a wasp Deborah Beaumont and Sarah McCall? You'd probably have her as the anchor in a tug of war. You know who I mean Mr T.

I remember you at school as the tall, funny, daft butter. I was the quiet as a mouse, unassuming, studious type, with just a hint of a sense of humour, possessing intelligence, charm, good looks, wit and possessing stacks of humility. Not changed much really.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Andrew Sissons? Good footballer, tricky, fast, think he played for the school team as a winger?

And yes, I think the hockey player was Meg. Name rings a bell. Hung around with mad as a wasp Deborah Beaumont and Sarah McCall? You'd probably have her as the anchor in a tug of war. You know who I mean Mr T.

I remember you at school as the tall, funny, daft butter. I was the quiet as a mouse, unassuming, studious type, with just a hint of a sense of humour, possessing intelligence, charm, good looks, wit and possessing stacks of humility. Not changed much really.

Ha ha, daft is probably about right. Yes, you were quite reserved back then as I remember. Obviously not the case now...and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the rest.

Yep, I reckon Gary Marsh turned Meg off blokes for good. She was pally with J Durkin too, who was also a bit boyish. Pretty good footy player as I recall.

As for the female hockey coach, well the tash was a bit of a giveaway. A close tie with Jos for best clitty tickler.

:luhukay:

• Haha 1

Gary Marsh pfft. His Dad had a pub on London Road (The Crown)??

I fancied Ruth Hawksworth at school but guess who got in there first? I never recovered, emotionally broken, restricted to being the quiet guy for the next few years whilst receiving psychiatric support, and before discovering Tinder and the joys of buying a Russian bride.

And I never made any of that up, honest :ph34r:

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Gary Marsh pfft. His Dad had a pub on London Road (The Crown)??

I fancied Ruth Hawksworth at school but guess who got in there first? I never recovered, emotionally broken, restricted to being the quiet guy for the next few years whilst receiving psychiatric support, and before discovering Tinder and the joys of buying a Russian bride.

And I never made any of that up, honest :ph34r:

He did...and before that, the Bricklayer's Arms, which was demolished, due to it being dire.

RH? I used to fancy her too at Sharrow, but the smooth talking, suntanned, publican's son always overshadowed me and got first dibs. Then at AG, think Mr. Khan (Name might be wrong...but you'll know who I mean...played in the school team) was her preferred admirer. Let's face it, she had odd tastes...and we were doing our best to appear normal.

When I broke up with my ex, I ended up working in Djibouti. Trump's description of Africa kind of fits it to a tee, but almost any female there will sleep with you for about £20 and the mix of African, Arabian and French has produced a blend not far removed from the famous Brazilian 'Metisse'. I diligently followed a rigorous course of emotional therapy...and got a few free sessions along the way. Still trying to give it a score on trip advisor. FFS!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Owl Stork said:

Yes Duane supported NUFC first and foremost. He must have had issues. Interesting that you say that I was not bothered either way! Maybe because I wasn't mouthy like some, but I used to go regularly to matches with Colton, Jones and Cundy and always followed fervently from afar. This is Mark I guess?

BTW Brendan wrote a book about Sheffield FC and is still an active supporter of the other lot. Still one of my best pals despite his bad life choices.

:duntmatter:

Yes, this is Mark, so you must be Steve ?

Mike Entwistle is living somewhere near Bath.

I like the idea of a reunion.

5 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Yes, this is Mark, so you must be Steve ?

Mike Entwistle is living somewhere near Bath.

I like the idea of a reunion.

Get the feeling I might have been a couple of years (at least) ahead of you guys 'cos none of the names you mention ring any bells with me. If Mike Entwistle had an older brother David, I was in the same year as him (left in 77 at 18).