First post.

12 hours ago, Lombado said:

I moved out from Sheffield to Bamford 14 yrs ago...about the furthest I have been away from Sheffield, except while on holiday.

it was interesting reading all the comments as if it was just yesterday.

I remember we both scored in the 3rd year form final, and were met with some disapproval afterwards by the "unwashed" from lower school.....good days!!!!

Another story is I once visited a coach (wifes friends boyfriend at the time) who was coaching at Colchester. Joined in with a training session with their reserves. Anyway he was a big Keegan fan and gave me his book to read...nearly choked on my tea when I read the first chapter...Keegan doesn't like you does he????

Although a S/T holder in North I never seem to see (or at least recognise) anyone from school. Maybe they see me and do one!!!!

No Keegan is certainly not a fanlol

I am just up the road from Bamford at weekends. 

Owl Stork, let's try to arrange a meet, will PM you when back in UK

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lombado said:

sorry you have to remember all this....understand as mine did the same during my O-levels..not sure what I was expected to do with all the emotional stress going on. I feel your pain.....

I used to revise on the playing fields in between playing tennis to get some light relief, wonder why I didnt get straight A's.....

I think I only did 6th form to play footy and work out what I wanted to do. Ended up OK I guess.

I remeber Carl joining the police cadets and being jealous of how he had it all worked out....

It may sound crazy but you and Owlsman were actually quite fortunate. One of the poor sods in our year (Michael Denton who had a sister Judith two years younger) lost his mother at the age of 13 and then the night before his A'levels his father keeled over and died with a massive heart attack. Poor bugger still came in and sat the exams but he genuinely looked like a ghost, obviously in a complete state of shock.

Never saw him again after that even though he only lived round the corner on Ventnor Place. No idea what happened to him.

Edited by Utah Owl

11 hours ago, Lombado said:

sorry you have to remember all this....understand as mine did the same during my O-levels..not sure what I was expected to do with all the emotional stress going on. I feel your pain.....

I used to revise on the playing fields in between playing tennis to get some light relief, wonder why I didnt get straight A's.....

I think I only did 6th form to play footy and work out what I wanted to do. Ended up OK I guess.

I remeber Carl joining the police cadets and being jealous of how he had it all worked out....

Mr Bullivant? Top lad he was. A nice kid, and I hope he stayed nice too. Remember chatting to him on that school reunion site thing that went boobies up. No idea what anyone is doing now. 

Sorry to hear we were both in the same boat, not a great situation to be in as a kid, watching your whole life falling apart, wondering why parents no longer wanted to be with you. Really working hard to make sure it never happens to my kids.

Don’t always get on well with my Mrs but love my kids to pieces, and wouldn’t leave them. 

Edited by theowlsman

4 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Mr Bullivant? Top lad he was. A nice kid, and I hope he stayed nice too. Remember chatting to him on that school reunion site thing that went boobies up. No idea what anyone is doing now. 

Sorry to hear we were both in the same boat, not a great situation to be in as a kid, watching your whole life falling apart, wondering why parents no longer wanted to be with you. Really working hard to make sure it never happens to my kids.

Don’t always get on well with my Mrs but love my kids to pieces, and wouldn’t leave them. 

Sometimes that situation is forced upon you though. It was to me. In my case the kids (very young at the time) obviously sufferered, but they werent exposed to the arguments, distress, recriminations and general bitterness which ultimatly they think they are responsible for. My lad had anger issues early on and struggled with the changes, but kids are resilient and if they don't see the worst of the conflict, they get by quite well. They certainly shouldn't be fed hatred or used as a bargaining tool. That really does play with their minds. All separating parents should get free counselling advice, for the sake of their kids, if not themselves. I don't know what the procedure is for kids who have lost parents, but I would imagine there is something in place.

Anyway, on that subject, my lad is great at football, but prefers to play rugby. So does my daughter! Any advice FFS!

:picnic:

23 hours ago, Owl Stork said:

Simon Bingley rings a bell. I know the name, but can't put a face to it.

12 hours ago, Reallondonowl said:

Same here

Blonde barnet just like Boris. Lived on South View Rd.

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

7 pages..

Youre all excited trying to impress the new kid :)

You didn't go to Abbeydale Grange, therefore you're unworthy and classed as one of the great unwashed. lol

There is a hierarchy of Sheffield schools, and Abbeydale Grange was ranked no.1. Which school did you go to? Just so I can rank it for you, I have the list in my possession.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, theowlsman said:

You didn't go to Abbeydale Grange, therefore you're unworthy and classed as one of the great unwashed. lol

There is a hierarchy of Sheffield schools, and Abbeydale Grange was ranked no.1. Which school did you go to? Just so I can rank it for you, I have the list in my possession.

Jordanthorpe and abbeydale grange dont exist anymore so its all about memories....i hated school haha

8 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Jordanthorpe and abbeydale grange dont exist anymore so its all about memories....i hated school haha

Just checked the list. 

Ranked 476th out of 500. Seemingly its plus point was sex education. 

Then goes on to name a milf and an address in Jordanthorpe centre where this took place. lol

• Haha 2