First post.

32 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

32 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

33 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Howard Wilkinson was also my PE teacher. I went to Abbeydale Grange too.

There are a few of us on here.

You’ll be telling me you went to Sharrow Lane next.

I did mate...and after chatting with Lombado I now know your true identity. I'll never see the lucky half time dump in the same way again. :wacko:

4 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

I did mate...and after chatting with Lombado I now know your true identity. I'll never see the lucky half time dump in the same way again. :wacko:

It’s one of the few things you need to learn on here i.e I am always right garymegson

ps - Welcome to The Nuthouse mate.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

When Howard was our PE teacher he was playing semi pro for Boston United I believe.

Just goes to show that you dont have to be a successful player to be a fantastic manager. Never underestimate the quiet man!

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Robert Colton did. But that’s another story for another day.

What!! Bob was responsible for dragging me to Hillsborough on frosty mornings to watch us struggle to a draw with the likes of Shrewsbury. I'm sure we played them 10 times per season. Prolonged torture.

5 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

What!! Bob was responsible for dragging me to Hillsborough on frosty mornings to watch us struggle to a draw with the likes of Shrewsbury. I'm sure we played them 10 times per season. Prolonged torture.

He also got slippered by Howard for not bringing a note to excuse him from PE. You’d have thought the pot on his arm might’ve given it away though. lol

• Haha 1

Underbank Reservoir is the name of the dam at Stocksbridge Stephen. Used to fish it myself, used to go with Stephen Crabtree.

If you still do a bit of fishing, not just as a kid, join the fishing thread too. See other sports section, official fishing thread.

:biggrin:

Edited by theowlsman

2 hours ago, Owl Stork said:

I seem to remember him doing some coaching at SWFC even then. Maybe the youth team?

No he was at Boston Utd in those days, then I think he went to Buxton together with Dicky Bates. Couple of the more promising lads at AG went there too, IIRC Russell Simpson and Ken Hutchinson both had spells there.

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

No he was at Boston Utd in those days, then I think he went to Buxton together with Dicky Bates. Couple of the more promising lads at AG went there too, IIRC Russell Simpson and Ken Hutchinson both had spells there.

See above. Like I said, I’m always right.

Boston United

lol

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1