Jorge Mendes

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The downside to him is that you have to put your clubs kneck on the line financially on the assumption he gets you up first time. All it takes is one failure and he may not seem so attractive 

Yeah I agree but that's what has sort of happened to us anyway. It just looks on  paper that this guy should have been the go to guy....not donkey Doyen. 

1 hour ago, Bigblueowl said:

Yeah I agree but that's what has sort of happened to us anyway. It just looks on  paper that this guy should have been the go to guy....not donkey Doyen. 

I’m not sure, we have had three goes and came close twice, should’ve done again last season had we made better choices. We still haven’t been embargoed yet and have the chance to rectify whereas if wolves failed they’d be really struggling to get things under control 

Doyen or whoever else seem to have peddled some odd transfers to us though 

Edited by Bluesteel

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

The downside to him is that you have to put your clubs kneck on the line financially on the assumption he gets you up first time. All it takes is one failure and he may not seem so attractive 

Only we signed old ageing crocks with little to no resale value where as he seems to buy young upcoming players that you should be able to get your money back on if you dont win promotion

• Like 1

It's hard to say whether our recruitment policy has been a success or not. Most would probably say not because we're still a championship side but we've had two of our best seasons in two decades of football due to this recent recruitment policy.

I think we'd have been there or thereabouts last season had Forrestieri in particular had been fit and available. I see this upcoming season as our last throw of the dice with regards to this squad as I suspect if we fail to get promotion, it'll start to break up and we'll go down another route to try and succeed?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Guest Ash76
2 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

How did we end up with Doyen instead of this guy?

He's Portuguese which makes even annoying as we went down the Portuguese route! 

£££

1 hour ago, pickledegghiderman said:

Only we signed old ageing crocks with little to no resale value where as he seems to buy young upcoming players that you should be able to get your money back on if you dont win promotion

If they were embargoed it would be hard to get the money back in full I reckon. I think some of our recruiting has been odd in terms of the age of players but I don’t think we could afford the younger ones in the premier league so we became a target 

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, Bigblueowl said:

But Chansiri had/has the dollars! Suppose it comes back to bad advice from the so called advisor's. 

Not the money Wolves spent, nor that of Forest this season. And then there's the difference in fees of the agents

4 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It's hard to say whether our recruitment policy has been a success or not. Most would probably say not because we're still a championship side but we've had two of our best seasons in two decades of football due to this recent recruitment policy.

I think we'd have been there or thereabouts last season had Forrestieri in particular had been fit and available. I see this upcoming season as our last throw of the dice with regards to this squad as I suspect if we fail to get promotion, it'll start to break up and we'll go down another route to try and succeed?

You have to say in the main failure. Yes we have signed some good players for snips but.... big money on aging crocks on long contracts has done for us. 

Meets going down the new route now but we still fully haven’t learned because we have sellable assets Joao Hunt Bannan out of contract in a year not yet tied down 

10 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

You have to say in the main failure. Yes we have signed some good players for snips but.... big money on aging crocks on long contracts has done for us. 

Meets going down the new route now but we still fully haven’t learned because we have sellable assets Joao Hunt Bannan out of contract in a year not yet tied down 

Sorry to pick on you post DM, but i keep seeing this time and time again.

Can someone please explain to me, like i am a fick thuck (yeah alright)...

How can we tie them down to a longer contract, or any contract, if they "do not want to sign".

56 minutes ago, MAL said:

Sorry to pick on you post DM, but i keep seeing this time and time again.

Can someone please explain to me, like i am a fick thuck (yeah alright)...

How can we tie them down to a longer contract, or any contract, if they "do not want to sign".

How do you know they don’t want to ?? 

If thats the case we cant the players have all the power. Just seems like we leave everything until the last year when with a bit of pro activeness this would have been done by now as other clubs do ?

22 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

How do you know they don’t want to ?? 

If thats the case we cant the players have all the power. Just seems like we leave everything until the last year when with a bit of pro activeness this would have been done by now as other clubs do ?

I don't know they don't want to?

What i am saying is...

"IF" they don't want to, there is fuuck all we can do about it.

Yes, the players have all the power :angry:

I am sure "WE" do not try and leave it until the last year.

I am sure "we" do try a bit of pro activeness as done by other clubs.

But that takes us back to the first thing i was saying...

"IF" they don't want to, there is fuuck all we can do about it.

15 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

How did we end up with Doyen instead of this guy?

He's Portuguese which makes even annoying as we went down the Portuguese route! 

We’ve signed some deadwood like Butterfield and Jones but we’ve also snapped up some bargains that have contributed - the likes of Bannan, Forestieri, Reach, Hooper and Joao. We’ve signed some bargains that have been unlucky with injury such as Abdi and Mattias - let’s face it; they look good when they’re fit but cannot seem to get fit. Then we’ve rolled the dice and suffered with the likes of Fletcher (injuries) and Rhodes (heaven knows why he’s lost his form). 

I’d say that our recruitment has been no different to your typical ambitious club.