BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

6 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Where did I say it was about Buxton?

How do you know (or Buxton for that matter) that the bad blood between Hirsty and Chansiri hadn't already kicked off when Buxton was told?

You don't.

Ah, but the fans shouldn't be critical of the Hist without knowing 100% the full facts, it's ok for you to label them embarrassing for that. Not like you have been critical of anything without knowing all of the facts is it?

The bad blood may have started 2 years or more ago. Good to see that BOTH parties allowed it to run to this conclusion!

4 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

I'd disagree there, my reasoning being that if the club has less money, it's less money for new players or higher paid contracts. I know ultimately it's Mr. Chansiri's money, but we all lose to a degree.

Then surely it'll be worth challenging the Chairman on allowing this situation to happen

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But if the Chairman has played it this way then we have to trust Mr Chansiri that we are loaded enough for it not to be an issue worthy of backing down

Has the chairman played it this way? 

I have no idea, nor do you or anyone else for that matter. 

I honestly don't see why its such a massive fuss.

If the club were aware, having been told that the intention was for GH to leave and not sign then the club are within their rights to take whatever course of action they see fit regarding whether he plays for the remainder of his time.

Equally GH shouldn't be restricted in seeking a move if he doesn't believe the set up at SWFC will give him the best opportunities to make it as a pro.

Seemingly, this has more to do with a former manager's stubborn insistence on not bringing hardly one youngster into the fold during his tenure. Given what we've subsequently found out could anyone really blame him for that?

Being frozen out effectively for a year - I'm not surprised at what appears to be a final word hitting the club financially at the end of it all, I also don't blame the hirst's for choosing a route they feel is best.

Like Neil says - different personnel would have handled the situation very differently - perhaps giving one individual the full run of the club is the lesson that's already been learnt.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Because he's been the one overseeing this entire episode

Right...and Hirst's representatives haven't...

There is more than one party involved in this. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But if the Chairman has played it this way then we have to trust Mr Chansiri that we are loaded enough for it not to be an issue worthy of backing down

I said the same thing about the Rhodes signing, after about 6 months of continuously doubting DC's use of funds and transfer policy. 

Now it seems any future deals are contingent on us offloading Rhodes. I won't be trusting Mr Chansiri on making good player movement decisions again... I hope the inclusion of Katrien and Jos puts him as far away from such matters as possible from now on

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah I think that's the case to be fair

I'm 100% certain it wouldn't have even been a thing had they been here at the start of this mess

It appears that brinkmanship brought us here.

The period up to the end of August was the key for both sides - GH in seeking a supposedly wage-structure-breaking salary demands; and DC turning this down and offering a 'standard' salary. Who knows what these values were, but it is clear they were well apart. 

DC miscalculated the situation in not seeing that GH would hold out beyond that transfer window, effectively knocking off all potential transfer value we had in GH. The reports were that we were offered £2m in August, but who knows, and DC in his December statement said ...these bids, on all levels, were not in the best interests of our club and were dismissed. We don't know what this actually means, but what we now know is we ended up with nowt some 12 months later, and on the face of it even the compensation due was circumvented by the parties.

DC said he still tried to negotiate in the period  up to his December statement, but we have not heard anything since and we must assume it ended by Christmas.

I think DC may regret 'freezing' GH out of the U23s, but he may have thought GH and his advisors are playing games anyhow and he took it as a personal insult and that was his response. 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I said the same thing about the Rhodes signing, after about 6 months of continuously doubting DC's use of funds and transfer policy. 

Now it seems any future deals are contingent on us offloading Rhodes. I won't be trusting Mr Chansiri on making good player movement decisions again... I hope the inclusion of Katrien and Jos puts him as far away from such matters as possible from now on

Im sure he'll be sleepless in his bed 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Right...and Hirst's representatives haven't...

There is more than one party involved in this. 

Totally - you're correct there.

What I'm saying is that from the club's perspective we've lost a player who was an asset both on and off the pitch where we could possibly have played it very differently and him either still be here, or with us getting ££££ for losing him

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Animis said:

It appears that brinkmanship brought us here.

The period up to the end of August was the key for both sides - GH in seeking a supposedly wage-structure-breaking salary demands; and DC turning this down and offering a 'standard' salary. Who knows what these values were, but it is clear they were well apart. 

DC miscalculated the situation in not seeing that GH would hold out beyond that transfer window, effectively knocking off all potential transfer value we had in GH. The reports were that we were offered £2m in August, but who knows, and DC in his December statement said ...these bids, on all levels, were not in the best interests of our club and were dismissed. We don't know what this actually means, but what we now know is we ended up with nowt some 12 months later, and on the face of it even the compensation due was circumvented by the parties.

DC said he still tried to negotiate in the period  up to his December statement, but we have not heard anything since and we must assume it ended by Christmas.

I think DC may regret 'freezing' GH out of the U23s, but he may have thought GH and his advisors are playing games anyhow and he took it as a personal insult and that was his response. 

Agreed

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I hope you're not confusing me stating my opinion with me believing that my opinion is a damning indictment 

Its quite simple really 

Everyone in this thread and others who have no confidence in the way DC spends his moolah club together and buy the club off him then you'll be spending your own money and obviously will never make a mistake 

Has George Hirst still left by the way