BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Just now, Ash76 said:

Yes, act the cheeky monkey and don’t be surprised to be labelled a cheeky monkey 

It’s fair to say, based on what we know, that he’s played a bigger role than anybody in how this has played out. 

Anyway, more important things today. England 

God knows.. Nobody knows really what Hirsty had done/said/influenced. That's why I'm not namecalling him or saying he's no legend anymore etc

Yeah I'm genuinely buzzing for this game today and I've not been bothered about England for years.

It's got exciting all of a sudden

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ash76
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 11.41.33.jpg

REALLY Ash?

REALLY?

Yes really, I disagree. Why is it so difficult to difficult to understand when there’s no way of ever knowing?

Anyway, like I said, England.

Have a good day 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

They've not hurt me

Because I can see it for what it is 

There's zero reason for our fans to be disgruntled.

We have to trust the chairman that playing it his way and getting no compensation was the right thing to do in the circumstances

I trust the chairman's intentions, but not his abilities. In fact, there's a lot that's concerned me about that including this whole issue with the Hirsts.

Still, as I say, I do trust his intentions, and I do hope this kind of nonsense about preventing players from playing until they sign contracts never happens again. Such a stupid thing for him to do.

They've not hurt me

Because I can see it for what it is 

There's zero reason for our fans to be disgruntled.

We have to trust the chairman that playing it his way and getting no compensation was the right thing to do in the circumstances

I get that, and in time I'll feel a little less "cheated" I'm sure. :carlosswfc:

32 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Well what could he have done?

Apart from stocking the drinks chillers up in the suites and giving an academy player premier league wages.

I cannot see how he could have done anything to prevent this from happening?

You must be blinded if you can't see he could have accepted a big money bid for him, he could have let him train with his peers and let him play football.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What an unsurprisingly pompous post!

Buxton - a long time poster stated that the intention 2 years ago was never to sign for us. Another poster backed this up. He has no history of telling lies and making 'ITK' stuff up on here. If we can't take what he said with any sort of credibility why should we ever do the same with anything you come out with?

The fans have been critical on both sides of this saga, don't see why the Hirst's should be exempt from this. Why are they above criticism? You have been critical of the club plenty of times without knowing 100% the full facts.

Where did I say it was about Buxton?

How do you know (or Buxton for that matter) that the bad blood between Hirsty and Chansiri hadn't already kicked off when Buxton was told?

You don't.

1 minute ago, The Italian Stallion said:

I get that, and in time I'll feel a little less "cheated" I'm sure. :carlosswfc:

You've not been cheated though

The fans haven't been cheated in any way

The fans aren't shareholders, don't own the club and can't be affected in the slightest by what's happened

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The fans aren't shareholders, don't own the club and can't be affected in the slightest by what's happened

I'd disagree there, my reasoning being that if the club has less money, it's less money for new players or higher paid contracts. I know ultimately it's Mr. Chansiri's money, but we all lose to a degree.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The club (fans) have paid for his development for ten years and he’s intentionally opted to avoid the system that compensates the club for the cost of that development.

To be fair though Neil...

Fans pay big bucks to help fund good players on pitch. Selling GH puts (say) £2m on top of that. Fans pay big bucks get the good players they pay for AND £2m extra in quality on the pitch. If poor management leads to a reduction in potential funds and thus reduction in potential playing quality, fans have missed out. 

Then there's the whole sentimental/romance side of things... a legend's son scoring in front of the kop. You get the idea.

Though perhaps "cheated" is the wrong word... I kind of understand the feeling implied though. It's a bit like having a lass break up with you early doors... you're left wondering "what if"?. Lets hope DC can get us on the rebound pull and get us a gem or two. 

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

DH left his ambassadorial role long before the chain of events happened according to the club statement.

If people were aware of what was said to DH they would think very differently about the situation/

What was said? 

Spill the beans. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh? We've been canvassed about ticket prices to help balance the books... directly.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I don't feel "cheated". 

Just a bit annoyed that we've missed out on some money and how the so-called "rules" are so easily circumvented. 

But if the Chairman has played it this way then we have to trust Mr Chansiri that we are loaded enough for it not to be an issue worthy of backing down

Owlstalk Shop