Does your opinion change on keeping the same players at #SWFC?

22 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I suspect that's who we'll see their Torry.  I just like to see full backs who hammer the tackle. And most importantly when playing a back 4- stop crosses. For me, even when he was younger Pudil never stopped enough crosses.

In fact Wednesday in general don't stop enough crosses. I think thats one of the reasons he's gone to a back 3. We don't stop crosses so might as well have an extra man in the centre to defend them when they inevitably come in.

I do like Jos. There is a clear and simple pragmatisim to what he does.

Yes, I wonder if it’s a fault of the system, or at least a resignation that, that’s what will happen

Take Saturday as an example A comprehensive win, and accolades for both wing backs, Baker and Reach

A closer examination of the stats, suggests that Norwich got to the byeline at will Nearly thirty crosses into our box, leading to 20 attempts on goal

Of course not all of those crosses resulted in an attempt on goal, but is it an inevitable consequence of the system? Do you accept that the crosses come in, and it’s up to the centre backs to repel them?

Edited by gurujuan

The squad in general is good but what should have happened last year needs to happen this it needs freshening up.

Key players like Lees Hutchinson Lee Bannan Forestieri and now Nuhiu plus the two young keepers should be kept at all costs. The spine of the team. 

Then you look look at the rest, there is good bad and potential in them all. Also there value and saleability.

My opinion is players such as Fletcher Westwood Rhodes Winnall Fox Jones Abdi (as much as I want him to come good) Palmer are not good enough or we have better and can be moved on IF POSSIBLE.

Hunt Reach Venancio (if he comes back) Pudil Thornley Pelupessy Hooper Joao have proved they are good players and offer us something.... add to this Matias but he is different... he’s been injured for 3 years and hardly played so he will struggle to have any suitors, but from what we have seen he looks good and offers us something different. Big year for him last of his contract he’s got a year to stay fit and perform and he’ll earn another one, if he doesn’t he’ll be off and forgotten.

Add to this some astute signings, get the younger players involved if there good enough and or sign in Hirst Clare’s cases.

And there is no reason why we can’t push in a tough league next year.

So yes we need to make squad changes to progress but is it as bad as people make out No.

26 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

We need player profit for FFP.

Be tempted to cash in on Westy, Joao (sadly) and , if fit, Winnall.

Also, unbalanced so need a top centre half and flying winger.

Joao ??? I think we should be giving him a new contract now and hopefully he’ll continue his progression he’s lookkng like a player ??

Try to offload Fletcher Winnall Rhodes from the striker department 

Not sure any of us know where exactly we stand regarding FFP, but I’m hoping it doesn’t lead to us selling our better players 

We have plenty of dusty heirlooms we can get rid of first Sure it will be difficult to move some of them on, but I’m sure we can create enough space for some new recruits Worst case scenario, we do it with loans

There's definitely a nucleus there which should be retained - the likes of Lees, Bannan, Lee, Reach, Hooper and Forestieri. I still think we should look to improve in other areas though because you can be sure the rest of the league will be trying to do so. 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sometimes I think we're bonkers to have the same players at the club season in, season out, and sometimes I think it's a great idea to show loyalty both ways and try to build a team with a great understanding of each other.

My opinion sways

After seeing the Nuhiu video this morning I'm now of the opinion that the squad should stay together as much as possible with a few additions in the summer

This opinion could change again however

lol

How about you?

For me we have the back bone of the team that you try to keep together but from season to season you need change as players ,get older, lose form are not good enough for the team to improve and so.

Take this close season we have been found out this season with the full backs on both sides they are not good enough we have moved Pudil to center back as he is a better option there, so we now are weak at left back and need a championship quality recruit to come in. On the right Palmer has not taken his chance in Hunt absents but Hunt is also too injury prone and defensively at time - suspect. We need a proper right back who is going to play 40+ games.

Wallace's legs have gone and Boyd is not the player we thought we were buying so right wing need a new body.

We look elsewhere in the squad and we are top heavy in the strikers - all fit we don't need 7, we are top heavy in the central midfield all fit we could lose 2 and still have too many, we also have players who never play or are fit in Matias, Kean, Abdi, Fletcher - Kean out of contract has gone but the other 3 need to go in wages alone it could save us close to £100k a week in medical bills is could save us as much again.

We start next season with a core squad of 22-24 players then kids coming up from the youth teams when needed we will do very well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

The squad is okay but we are carrying a lot of deadwood (abdi, Matias, fletcher , Jones, Fox, etc) and players who are finished (lee and  Hutchinson) . None of these players will contribute during the coming season and they will hinder what we can do recruitment wise. 

I thimk we be a lot higher up the table, but unless we recruit wisely (and cheaply by the sound of things ) we will fall short 

Totally agree, this set of players havnt been good enough for the last 3 seasons, and we are certainly nowhere near top 2. We dont need much, maybe 2 or 3 quality signings and we will challenge for top 6. If we dont improve the squad and add a bit of pace were mid table!