Kyle Bartley

Guest wilyfox

Why sign someone we need when we can spunk yet more money on someone else who doesn't improve us?! Stick to the plan, guys. 

He won’t be on more than 20k a week. 

Hes is exactly what we need. 

We have loovens and Wallace’s wages, must be 30k plus. 

If if we sell Rhodes (stoke for example) - even for 6-7 million. They will be in the market for a couple of forwards. As will West Brom and whoever joins them. They’ll have 40m plus a few sales. 

Weve then got Westwood (2.5m), Palmer(1m), Matias, Fletcher, Abdi, winnall(3m), Hirst(2m) all to go (or likely). We might need to help with a few of them 

Thats 14m of potential fees and upwards of 150k of wages freed up. 

Even if if we had half that we should be able to get Half a dozen in.  

25 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I thought Leeds had a cap on wages 15k?

Surely Bartley is on more than that? Or maybe they are willing to break that rule. 

Going to be a very busy summer at ER I'm told. 10-15 players moving on, replaced by 4-5 quality signings. Wage cap gone with Hernandez new contract.

4 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

He won’t be on more than 20k a week. 

Hes is exactly what we need. 

We have loovens and Wallace’s wages, must be 30k plus. 

If if we sell Rhodes (stoke for example) - even for 6-7 million. They will be in the market for a couple of forwards. As will West Brom and whoever joins them. They’ll have 40m plus a few sales. 

Weve then got Westwood (2.5m), Palmer(1m), Matias, Fletcher, Abdi, winnall(3m), Hirst(2m) all to go (or likely). We might need to help with a few of them 

Thats 14m of potential fees and upwards of 150k of wages freed up. 

Even if if we had half that we should be able to get Half a dozen in.  

Don't the majority of them have ongoing contracts with the club and won't leave unless they want to?

4 minutes ago, Watson said:

Don't the majority of them have ongoing contracts with the club and won't leave unless they want to?

Obviously but I’m sure if told we’d like them to leave they may do.

maybe not them all but enough to get in what we need. 

19 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I don’t know if we have any money available but if there is, we should go for him. We are desperate for a quality centre half who is a leader. Would give us a physical edge as well.

Its probably a £5m deal plus £20k a week contract tho. 

I would suggest we would would have to sell players. Certainly, Rhodes is the one which seems feasible as he’s not in Jos’ plans.  Unfortunately, we are stuck with Abdi and Fletcher. 

We cannot sell FF, Bannan or Lees - too crucial to us.

What would you feel if Carlos wanted Reach as part of the deal? Just throwing it out there.

Personally I’d swap almost any of our squad for him! He’s far too good for this league in my opinion and looked at home in early games of prem before Swansea Rot kicked in. 

Be awesome if Carlos wanted to be reunited with Westwood or someone else who seemingly are on their way out. You’d imagine it would depend on which league they are playing next year! 

11 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Going to be a very busy summer at ER I'm told. 10-15 players moving on, replaced by 4-5 quality signings. Wage cap gone with Hernandez new contract.

I’m hoping for similar numbers here with 10-15 on way out replaced by 4-5 top draw replacements! 

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

I admire your optimism.

Many of the players that get a pasting on here I think still in demand elsewhere. It’s just like the managers that keep getting jobs after they’ve been sacked at past 5 clubs like Pardew etc. 

Clubs coming down or with aspirations of promotion will be interested in Rhodes, Fletch, Hooper, Westwood. 

We have 3-4 out of contract that at least 2 are going. 

I think Jaoa, Reach, Bannan, Lees, Fessi would attract majority of this league. As with some of injured players like Lee, and Winnal. 

And old pros like Jones could be good in many squads.

i think more depends on who Jos wants to get rid of and if we can get interest in enough of them to get fresh players in and balance books. 

We've wasted money on the likes of Rhodes and Abdi when they weren't needed. When we did sign a CB for money we got Van Aken who I'm yet to be convinced by just yet. I realise that British player are often priced heavily more than foreign ones but still....was a bit of wedge at the time. I'm hoping Van Aken comes good but I do feel it will be in a back three.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Many of the players that get a pasting on here I think still in demand elsewhere. It’s just like the managers that keep getting jobs after they’ve been sacked at past 5 clubs like Pardew etc. 

Clubs coming down or with aspirations of promotion will be interested in Rhodes, Fletch, Hooper, Westwood. 

We have 3-4 out of contract that at least 2 are going. 

I think Jaoa, Reach, Bannan, Lees, Fessi would attract majority of this league. As with some of injured players like Lee, and Winnal. 

And old pros like Jones could be good in many squads.

i think more depends on who Jos wants to get rid of and if we can get interest in enough of them to get fresh players in and balance books. 

Out of that lot, I'd let Jones,  Fletcher and Rhodes go but we wouldn't get much for them,  in my opinion, it would be very short-sighted to let any of the others go as they have much to offer.

7 minutes ago, Watson said:

Out of that lot, I'd let Jones,  Fletcher and Rhodes go but we wouldn't get much for them,  in my opinion, it would be very short-sighted to let any of the others go as they have much to offer.

I agree, but may need to let a few go to bring a few in. This season more than ever I’ve lost the ‘hate it if he went’ thoughts. I’d not be too upset if any one left which pains me to say, even my fave players (many who haven’t played at all this season so maybe that’s why I don’t mind so much) 

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Should have been our top target in the summer. 

Should again be be our top target if he’s available. Would be perfect next to Lees. 

He was playing at start of season and not likely to drop whilst in and around first team of prem team. But I’d love him here! 

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I agree, but may need to let a few go to bring a few in. This season more than ever I’ve lost the ‘hate it if he went’ thoughts. I’d not be too upset if any one left which pains me to say, even my fave players (many who haven’t played at all this season so maybe that’s why I don’t mind so much) 

Due to contract obligations, there won't be too many leaving.

59 minutes ago, just visiting said:

And 'hecky' with about 3 wins in 40 games is gunner be the new Klopp lol

Edited by Lichfield alien