What does Jos mean?

17 hours ago, shtommer said:

Jos wants to identify the underlying cause of these injuries. It’s too many to just be bad luck, something is (or was) systematically wrong. 

I’m not ITK and this is second hand info, but a old colleague I trust told me he’d been talking to one of the physio staff recently (not sure if from the old or new team). 

He said that they always prepared detailed rehab plans which Carlos never once followed - he just got them playing after a couple of days back in training. 

Chimes with what Hutch was saying recently about Jos easing him back slowly, when Carlos always left it to him to declare himself fit. 

Would explain a few things if true. 

I wouldn't put that. You'll get shouted at by ramone for telling the truth on his supreme leader

18 hours ago, shtommer said:

Jos wants to identify the underlying cause of these injuries. It’s too many to just be bad luck, something is (or was) systematically wrong. 

I’m not ITK and this is second hand info, but a old colleague I trust told me he’d been talking to one of the physio staff recently (not sure if from the old or new team). 

He said that they always prepared detailed rehab plans which Carlos never once followed - he just got them playing after a couple of days back in training. 

Chimes with what Hutch was saying recently about Jos easing him back slowly, when Carlos always left it to him to declare himself fit. 

See that’s what really annoys me. I play sports and have had injuries but I’m not the best person to make a decision as to when to start up again. My Achilles were forever going when I was younger as I’d come back too soon. 

The physio’s are employed to make these decisions and the manager is there to manage the situations. Just goes to show what a flipping moron Carlos was. tail 

19 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

When he says difficult decisions will have to be made in the Summer to avoid a repeat of the injury crisis this season. 

Get rid of half the squad? 

Reduce the age of the squad?

Sack another medical team?

Or send them all to boot camp and running up and down the Alps to get them fit? 

Telling players they have no future with us I'd guess. Jos will know who's worth keeping by the summer. One of the plus points of him arriving in Jan. Keep us up & assess the squad long before August.

Jos was asked several difficult questions re cause of injuries, fitness of individuals and balance of squadand was he to address them in summer. he acknowledged there were problems and gave a very diplomatic answer. Think given a free hand we would see quite a clear out. However due to contracts and FFP think this will prevent full extent of what is required taking place. I do think DC will have learned the folly of giving long contracts to players towards end of careers.

Guest Maxine
20 hours ago, shtommer said:

I think this is probably about right. 

5 hours ago, ramone said:

You mean like you were trying to do against our former manager...? Ok

Yes because he wasn’t doing his job properly

ie. getting a professional sports team fit for a 10 month season

On 4/5/2018 at 15:00, Owl 44 said:

When he says difficult decisions will have to be made in the Summer to avoid a repeat of the injury crisis this season. 

• It could mean a combination of all.
  • He will certainly be considering moving on some of the constantly injured players - as said, easier said than done.
  • Given that we appear to be sending a few of our injured players away for treatment or rehab, changing some of these staff might again be an option.
  • A stricter pre-season regime than a week in Portugal sunning it up is inevitable surely.

The difficult decisions could also be in terms of moving on players that are popular within the squad. As disappointing and difficult as this season has been, there does still seem to be a lot of unity in the camp. Players like Matias and Abdi hardly ever play as they are rarely fit but they do still appear to be popular members of the group, part of the team etc. Players like Loovens, Lee and Hutch may have the right attitude, work ethic but tough decisions need to be made to avoid continual disappointment and reference to players not available rather then focus on what we do have. 

23 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Westwood - groin injury - operation -suffered setback - out 5 months

Jack Hunt - knee injury - two spells out - longest 1-2 months

Morgan Fox - hamstring - out 2 months

Tom Lees - groin injury - operation - out 5 months

Joost Van Aken - hamstring - suffered setback - now needs operation - out 4 months

Sam Hutchinson - fractured leg and hernia operation - only played 7 games all season

Barry Bannan - hip injury - suffered setback - out 4 months

Ross Wallace - knee injury - operation - out 4 months

Kieran Lee - hip injury - 2nd operation - out 6 months

George Boyd - shoulder injury - 2 operations - out 4 months

Fernando Forestieri - acl injury - operation - out 7 months

Steven Fletcher - knee injury - operation - out 5 months

Gary Hooper - groin/hip injury - out 4 months

Sean Clare - ankle injury - operation - out 2 months

Marco Matias - ? - suffered setback - out 2 months 

Almen Abdi - every part of his body - out for most of season 

That doesn't even include short term injuries to some of other players who have missed games like Palmer, Joao, etc.

Unbelievable when you see it written down.

That's 10 players needing operations and 11 players out for 4 months plus.

Something certainly does need to change.

I think unfortunately what's happened is CC over the past 2 seasons absolutely stretches the players to their limit fitness wise, and put all of his eggs in to one basket hoping we'd make the step up. It didn't work and this season, they've just broken. 

Hopefully with this season now done and dusted, we don't rush any of them back, give them as much time as possible to heal and let's crack on again in pre-season.

18 hours ago, Buford T. Justice said:

To be fair Ryan France was on trial with us during pre season, played a few games and even scored, we offered him a contract but Bryan Robson who was manager at United at the time made him a bigger offer as we were skint so he went there. A lucky escapee rather than a calculated rejection of the player due to concerns over his fitness.

I'm pretty sure he "failed" his medical.

7 hours ago, PolarNigel said:

I think unfortunately what's happened is CC over the past 2 seasons absolutely stretches the players to their limit fitness wise, and put all of his eggs in to one basket hoping we'd make the step up. It didn't work and this season, they've just broken. 

Hopefully with this season now done and dusted, we don't rush any of them back, give them as much time as possible to heal and let's crack on again in pre-season.

In a nutshell!

On 5.4.2018 at 17:38, Owl 44 said:

Westwood - groin injury - operation -suffered setback - out 5 months

Jack Hunt - knee injury - two spells out - longest 1-2 months

Morgan Fox - hamstring - out 2 months

Tom Lees - groin injury - operation - out 5 months

Joost Van Aken - hamstring - suffered setback - now needs operation - out 4 months

Sam Hutchinson - fractured leg and hernia operation - only played 7 games all season

Barry Bannan - hip injury - suffered setback - out 4 months

Ross Wallace - knee injury - operation - out 4 months

Kieran Lee - hip injury - 2nd operation - out 6 months

George Boyd - shoulder injury - 2 operations - out 4 months

Fernando Forestieri - acl injury - operation - out 7 months

Steven Fletcher - knee injury - operation - out 5 months

Gary Hooper - groin/hip injury - out 4 months

Sean Clare - ankle injury - operation - out 2 months

Marco Matias - ? - suffered setback - out 2 months 

Almen Abdi - every part of his body - out for most of season 

That doesn't even include short term injuries to some of other players who have missed games like Palmer, Joao, etc.

Unbelievable when you see it written down.

That's 10 players needing operations and 11 players out for 4 months plus.

Something certainly does need to change.

And Loovens... 

On 05/04/2018 at 15:00, Owl 44 said:

Whatever he means, his analysis is right