One of my favourite Sheffield Wednesday photos of all time

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:23, legendaryswan said:

White socks no wonder we lost.

Should have had a pen early doors when Banno was hauled down in the area.

It was a long quiet journey home,didnt pat heard hit the bar from around 30 yards? we didnt sparkle that day at all,better side won

definite pen right in front of me on the North Bank, he was dragged back (probably by that donkey Foster) as he was in on goal

I recall the Pat Heard shot, very late on IIRC. Also a great save by Moseley from Lyons (?), which was remarkable as he was a shocking keeper, so much so that Brighton signed an overweight and past it Joe Corrigan for the following season as they returned to Division 2 

Made my one and only appearance in goal that day in Jersey. We won 5-4 (no thanks to me) when I heard the score from Highbury I was absolutely gutted.

Always thought our first serious cup run for 18 years or so would mean Wembley. Devastating result. Blackhall's injury the week before crucial - the way United played in the first Final at Wembley made me think we could have won at the first time of asking as Brighton should have done. Mirocevic played his first games for weeks and scored! Awful day!

3 hours ago, Colin Dobson said:

Always thought our first serious cup run for 18 years or so would mean Wembley. Devastating result. Blackhall's injury the week before crucial - the way United played in the first Final at Wembley made me think we could have won at the first time of asking as Brighton should have done. Mirocevic played his first games for weeks and scored! Awful day!

bailey not blackhall he'd long gone …..

This is one of my favourites, I don't know why, I think it's the height and angle that Johnny Fantham has attained.

Its SWFC v pigs, not sure of the year, early 60s? Bit before my time.

I think the keeper is Hodgkinson? Len Badger the defender?

f.jpg

Edited by Dronfield Blue
  • Like 1

On 08/01/2020 at 20:16, Dronfield Blue said:

This is one of my favourites, I don't know why, I think it's the height and angle that Johnny Fantham has attained.

Its SWFC v pigs, not sure of the year, early 60s? Bit before my time.

I think the keeper is Hodgkinson? Len Badger the defender?

f.jpg

1964 I think alan birchenall scored 2 as the blunts won 0-2.....

• Thanks 1