Sheffield Wednesday on 11th April - Save the date

38 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

The summer holidays are therefore shorter to ensure the exact amount of school days remains the same as previously. 

There will always be 195 days of school per year, with 5 being allocated for training and development. 

Teacher alert :)

Fair enough, just seems odd to have two weeks off then go back for a few days and have another couple off. I'm all for different hols to rest of country, might make holidays slightly cheaper.

3 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Fair enough, just seems odd to have two weeks off then go back for a few days and have another couple off. I'm all for different hols to rest of country, might make holidays slightly cheaper.

I beat my children with a cane during the holidays. That way, school becomes their holiday. Keeps things nice and cheap.

• Haha 3

Guest Ash76
36 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

More nonsense from you. I wouldn't expect them to check London, no. Or Cornwall, Scotland, Norfolk etc. 

Rotherham, Chesterfield and Barnsley? Yes, absolutely. 

And if they can’t accomodate it on a weekend or the week before then of course the correct decision is to do it when Sheffield schools are on holiday. We are Sheffield Wednesday after all and no matter when they did it the vast majority of those in attendance will be from within a 3-5 mile radius.

Where is it you live again and how many kids were you intending to take had this a fell at a convenient turn me for you?

Edited by Ash76

Guest Manwithastick
25 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

And if they can’t accomodate it on a weekend or the week before then of course the correct decision is to do it when Sheffield schools are on holiday. We are Sheffield Wednesday after all and no matter when they did it the vast majority of those in attendance will be from within a 3-5 mile radius.

Where is it you live again and how many kids were you intending to take had this a fell at a convenient turn me for you?

I live in Anston. 2 season ticket holders (well, 3 including me). Good enough for you?

Just out of interest, where do you live?

Edited by Manwithastick

3 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

its a half term event, so guess what?.. its held in half term!.. what is so hard to grasp about that?

should parks, musuems etc not hold events in school holidays either in case there are people who cant make it?

Depends

If I ran a museum that catered for people from Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Chesterfield and beyond I'd try and fit it into the one that would see the most people come to it within the school holidays to maximise the success of that event.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ash76
6 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

I live in Anston. 2 season ticket holders (well, 3 including me). Good enough for you?

Just out of interest, where do you live?

Less than 2 miles from the ground, little uns mum

will take my boy. I’m sure it’ll be a well attended and successful event even though it’s only in Sheffield half term

FML miserable moaning sods

Well done Wednesday event looks good 

Guest Manwithastick

less than 2 miles. So you're alright jack and balls to those who live in Sheffield (my address says so) but whose schools fall under Rotherham (or Barnsley

or Chesterfield etc.)? Selfish two hat. What would you be saying if it were next Wednesday, 28th March?

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

FML miserable moaning sods

To be fair people are just saying that the date excludes many from attending an event intended for the masses during a bad season, our anniversary season, and a push to sell as many season tickets as possible

I don't think challenging the date not being one that people can attend as anything to get offended by

One can only imagine what our fans would get served up if things weren't challenged from time to time

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ash76
18 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

less than 2 miles. So you're alright jack and balls to those who live in Sheffield (my address says so) but whose schools fall under Rotherham (or Barnsley

or Chesterfield etc.)? Selfish two hat. What would you be saying if it were next Wednesday, 28th March?

Then he wouldn’t go and I wouldn’t add it to my list of things to ***** and moan about 

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair people are just saying that the date excludes many from attending an event intended for the masses during a bad season, our anniversary season, and a push to sell as many season tickets as possible

I don't think challenging the date not being one that people can attend as anything to get offended by

One can only imagine what our fans would get served up if things weren't challenged from time to time

It’s the same people all of the time, and it’s how they go about it. If you can’t see that then either you’re not as bright as I thought or, more likely enjoy it when they do.

The event still appeals to the masses, unfortunately as with most things it can’t suit everyone.

A shame but that’s life and no amount of bitching changes it, no matter how many attacks they make on the club won’t change it.

I suggest they find something else to do the week before, it’s not difficult ffs

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

If you can’t see that then either you’re not as bright as I thought or, more likely enjoy it when they do.

I find these kind of statements disappointing

You're better than that

Not sure why you can't engage maturely without those kind of statements

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, bigrbuk said:

Think it is to counter the fact that the timing of Easter is so variable, which then leads to some very imbalanced terms as regard to their length. Pinning it to the first two weeks in April allows greater equity. 

8 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Then he wouldn’t go and I wouldn’t add it to my list of things to ***** and moan about 

It’s the same people all of the time, and it’s how they go about it. If you can’t see that then either you’re not as bright as I thought or, more likely enjoy it when they do.

The event still appeals to the masses, unfortunately as with most things it can’t suit everyone.

A shame but that’s life and no amount of bitching changes it, no matter how many attacks they make on the club won’t change it.

I suggest they find something else to do the week before, it’s not difficult ffs

The daft thing about all this is, if they hadn't organised an event at all, nobody would be getting worked up and moaning about it.

Will the event be a success?

almost certainly.

will everyone be able to attend who wants to attend? 

almost certainly not !

Is this any fault of the clubs ?

absolutely not at all !

If this is logistically the only date available , should the club pull it as they can’t please all of the people all of the time ?

It’s a “kids fun day” in the kids school holidays for the majority of Sheffield schools.

As Ash quite rightly says , it’s the same people, time & time again having a pop at the club for absolutely anything !

Or hold it at a week end and everyone can go. 

Or here's an idea what if we had a week end that no first team games were happening and a club would have been notified of this week end happening at least at the start of this season - would this not be a better weekend to do an event so everyone could attend no matter where you live or go to school.

Then if you have more people you as a club can sell more merchandise and as many even make more money for the club. 

But when do these mythical weekend exists ................... 

Guest Manwithastick
10 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Will the event be a success?

almost certainly.

will everyone be able to attend who wants to attend? 

almost certainly not !

Is this any fault of the clubs ?

absolutely not at all !

If this is logistically the only date available , should the club pull it as they can’t please all of the people all of the time ?

It’s a “kids fun day” in the kids school holidays for the majority of Sheffield schools.

As Ash quite rightly says , it’s the same people, time & time again having a pop at the club for absolutely anything !

It's the same people every time having a pop at fans for having a legitimate concern. Or perhaps only those that live within a certain radius are TrueFans?

You, Ash, Bigthinrob and a few others seem to live to shout down anyone who dares to question anything the club does.