Sheffield Wednesday on 11th April - Save the date

Ozzie Owl Sheffield Wednesday.jpeg

Sheffield Wednesday are inviting fans of all ages to join in us in special half term and completely free WAWAW #SWFC150 Family Fun Day at Hillsborough.

The fun-packed event forms part of our 150th anniversary celebrations and takes place on Wednesday 11 April, when the Owls will host a raft of activities.

Taking part throughout the day will be special SWFC guests past and present, all of whom will welcome you to S6 as we throw open our doors to Wednesdayites!

From a 10.00am start, we have something for all the family, with fantastic prizes, funfair-style footie games, face painting and treasure hunts!

As well as visiting the dressing rooms and taking the tunnel to the field, every young Owl who registers for the treasure hunt will have the chance to see up close our first ever silverware in the shape of the original 1868 Cromwell Cup, together with replicas of the League Cup lifted by the Owls in 1991 and the promotion-winning trophies of 2005 and 2012.

The fun begins in the morning when the Wednesday Cricket Club - forefathers of the football club we all know and love today - will run activities in the SWFC Education Centre.

Attention will then turn to the pitch as mini tournaments take centre stage, during which youth teams, the Wednesday Ladies, affiliated community teams plus fans and staff prepare for the main event!

Naturally, Ozzie and Barney will be on hand to oversee fair play at all times!

We have much, much more to tell you on the WAWAW #150 Family Fun Day but for now, make a date in the diary…. Wednesday 11 April and a blue and white day to remember.

We will see you all there!

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Manwithastick

Rotherham schools (so include Wales, Dinnington, Aston etc) go back on Monday 9th. 

Brilliant planning Wednesday.

Guest Manwithastick

Utter fuckup. I've spoken to the club and it's as clear as day that they didn't even check. There was deathly shocked silence when I told them followed by

'no sir, schools don't goo back until Monday 16th'. Check the Rotherham schools I told them. I still don't think they believed me but they said 'well it's not just

for kids and there'll still be stuff happening after 4.30, bring them after school'.

Seriously, what kind of morons do we employ? It's absolutely obvious someone (maybe) checked Sheffield schools and that was that. Well fuckus out in Anston,

Todwick, Dinno, Wickersley etc. 

10 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Utter fuckup. I've spoken to the club and it's as clear as day that they didn't even check. There was deathly shocked silence when I told them followed by

'no sir, schools don't goo back until Monday 16th'. Check the Rotherham schools I told them. I still don't think they believed me but they said 'well it's not just for kids and there'll still be stuff happening after 4.30, bring them after school'.

AGGHGHGHGGGHHHHHHHH

FFS - THIS 150TH ANNIVERSARY JUST NEEDS TO END ASAP INNIT

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:
Barnsley West Midlands 24-03-2018 08-04-2018 13-14

Rotherham West Midlands 24-03-2018 08-04-2018 13-14

Sheffield West Midlands 30-03-2018 15-04-2018 14-15

That’s really upsetting....

Seeing Barnsley, Rovrum, and Sheffield all described as West Midlands.

• Haha 3

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

11 minutes ago, Neal M said:

That’s really upsetting....

Seeing Barnsley, Rovrum, and Sheffield all described as West Midlands.

Don't shoot the messenger, that's from a UK holiday breakdown chart by council... they even put York in West Midlands on there...