Best Wednesday Goal ever comp

1 hour ago, bobness said:

Feels like ages since we've scored off a free kick. When was the last time we scored directly off a set piece?

Last one I remember was Forestieri's free kick against Norwich last season

19 hours ago, twolaptops said:

Harkes at Derby for me..........considering it was Shilton in goal.......brilliant shot...top corner

Remeber Sheridan thumping that 25 yarder in against Shilton at the Lane end

This one actually

Edited by pgmetcalf

22 hours ago, steelowl said:

what do you think to this   hopelessly difficult but for me the Waddle goal just over sheridans 

I was at all ten of those.......funny how so many v pigs too......what about Sheridan goal v pigs in zenith data.

Impossible to choose a winner and there are dozens other contenders too

8 hours ago, alanharper said:

Can't remember it ever being shown on TV, or included on any official videos, I've never seen it - although some matches were filmed on a dodgy camcorder and tapes sold in the club shop. Games weren't routinely televised/recorded until the early 90s, in fact I think I read somewhere that David Hirst's goal against Man City (the game he also played in goal) was the last top flight goal to not be recorded by the TV companies.

I do remember that photo in the programme though, taken from behind Jonsson

I'd love to see that siggi goal again, but never seen it ever. I saw him in a pub a couple of weeks later and bought him a pint for one of the best goals I've ever seen....remember that plonk ?

On 04/03/2018 at 22:04, DJMortimer said:

A bit disappointing that too many of them are just someone putting their head down and lashing the ball as hard as they can. I usually prefer a bit of craft myself such as the tremendous team goal against Portsmouth (?) at Hillsborough in about 1991, Di Canio's individual effort at Everton or Humphreys at home to Leicester.

Nailed it there.