Pelupessy

12 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Only if we go down they ain't promotion championship players 

Technically Van Aken is outstanding, he just needs to do everything quicker, clearly the Dutch league is slower to the EC, he will adapt.

Pelupessy is an alternative option to Sam Hutch and an upgrade on promotion winning David Jones.

Put him in our best 11 and he can focus on his own game.

21 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Technically Van Aken is outstanding, he just needs to do everything quicker, clearly the Dutch league is slower to the EC, he will adapt.

Pelupessy is an alternative option to Sam Hutch and an upgrade on promotion winning David Jones.

Put him in our best 11 and he can focus on his own game.

You honestly think Joey is an upgrade on Jones?

From what I’ve seen so far (and yes it’s early days so he may come good) Jones is five times the player that Joey is.

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You honestly think Joey is an upgrade on Jones?

From what I’ve seen so far (and yes it’s early days so he may come good) Jones is five times the player that Joey is.

David Jones is what he is, a steady player, he's neat and tidy in possession but struggles to get about the pitch. Jones is not a holding midfield player because he's not mobile enough.

We have to remember why we have that player sat in there, mainly to break up opposition play, to stop the ball into the number 9 and to pick up any player dropping into the number 10, Jones cant do that role because any decent number 10 would school boy Jones.

Jones would work better alongside a Joey or a Hutch.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

David Jones is what he is, a steady player, he's neat and tidy in possession but struggles to get about the pitch. Jones is not a holding midfield player because he's not mobile enough.

We have to remember why we have that player sat in there, mainly to break up opposition play, to stop the ball into the number 9 and to pick up any player dropping into the number 10, Jones cant do that role because any decent number 10 would school boy Jones.

Jones would work better alongside a Joey or a Hutch.

But my point is, who is a better CM than Jones among our currently fit players?

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I tend to agree with your general point.

What I will say about Jones is that he's terribly inconsistent...like a few others granted.

He needs to bang in a string of good performances to gain my trust....and that goes for quite a few of our squad.

FFS.

I think it’s a bit harsh on him.

hes shown some good stuff and arrived in a side in free fall - give him a chance next year.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I tend to agree with your general point.

What I will say about Jones is that he's terribly inconsistent...like a few others granted.

He needs to bang in a string of good performances to gain my trust....and that goes for quite a few of our squad.

FFS.

I disagree.

I think Jones is consistently ok. He has the occasional great game, the occasional poor game, but more often than not is a 6.5/7.5 out of 10.

By contrast Joey is largely poor. The lad has time to improve, but no way is he a decent Championship CB right now. 

I also think Reach is far better utilized wide than central.

4 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Seriously, Messi would struggle in our team at the moment.

Agreed...but what a unique chance to shine....for some it won't come round again.

It's an unlocked door..if you've got character and skill you should kick it open..... we'll see what the marginal players are made of between now and May.

FFS.

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It depends on the shape/formation.

Jones cant run therefore he needs legs around him.

I would play Jones if I set up in a 4-2-3-1, he would one of the 2, the other would be Joey.

If I was only playing one in a 4-1-4-1 then I wouldn't play Jones

Same goes for the 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 that Jos goes with, having Jones holding with Reach and Clare more advanced won't work. Joey is more suited because he is more mobile.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I disagree.

I think Jones is consistently ok. He has the occasional great game, the occasional poor game, but more often than not is a 6.5/7.5 out of 10.

By contrast Joey is largely poor. The lad has time to improve, but no way is he a decent Championship CB right now. 

I also think Reach is far better utilized wide than central.

It's too early to judge pessy imo... although he's not looking good.

Reach is playing the Bryan Robson position because he has to...all over the park..

I'll back track a bit on Jones because on reflection.. he's been in a lot of games where we might have been overrun through bad team selection/tactics/necessity.

FFS.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Agreed...but what a unique chance to shine....for some it won't come round again.

It's an unlocked door..if you've got character and skill you should kick it open..... we'll see what the marginal players are made of between now and May.

FFS.

Indeed.

The club is a right mess top to bottom and what we need more than anything now is for a few of these marginals to step up to the plate.

If not we are looking at #squeakybumtime

1 minute ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Indeed.

The club is a right mess top to bottom and what we need more than anything now is for a few of these marginals to step up to the plate.

If not we are looking at #squeakybumtime

Yes and the likes of Palmer and a few other old hands need to guide some of the tyros.. take responsibility and dig in for the club and the supporters.

FFS.

1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

We need to stop all this foreign rounduns & go British 

next manager needs to be British & when he’s announced on swfc twitter I want the hashtag #brexit at the end 

WTID

How about, Boris Johnson or Iain Duncan -Smith or Michael Gove or that other fruitcake, Nigel Farrage !!!!!!

lol

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

The injuries have killed us and we can't ignore it, the rest of this season is about surviving, I am doubting our chances because we lack fighters, we lack aggression.

But

Starting next season with an injury free squad will put us in the top 6, lets not get too down.

A fit 11 something like this will be competitive for a top 2 place:

.....................Westwood

Hunt.........Lees..........Van Aken..........Reach

.......................Pelupessy

Abdi.........Lee............Bannan............Forestieri

........................Hooper

Thats a top 2 starting 11

Too improve it further we sign an established left back and a couple of pacey wide players. Thats 3 signings in the summer transfer window.

Allow Nuhiu, Wallace and Loovens to leave, freeing up some decent wages.

I am optimistic about next season if we can survive this season.

I also fully believe I could manage this team to survival while preparing for a promotion push next season. 

A top 2 starting 11? A left winger playing at left back, a player at left wing that doesn't want to play there and a cm playing on the right wing?

2 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Westwood

Hunt.........Lees..........Van Aken..........Reach

.......................Pelupessy

Abdi.........Lee............Bannan............Forestieri

........................Hooper

Thats a top 2 starting 11

Oh no it isn’t. 

6 minutes ago, 83owl said:

A top 2 starting 11? A left winger playing at left back, a player at left wing that doesn't want to play there and a cm playing on the right wing?

Reach played left back many times under CC, he's probably our best left back currently, thats why I said we need to sign one.

FF was at his best playing from the left and why he was considered a 10m pound player at that time.

We don't have a right winger, thats why Abdi is there, if you notice I said we needed 2 wide players.

That midfield 4 behind the striker would be fluid and they would all rotate, meaning Abdi wouldn't be an out and out winger.

But thats going into tactics, still a good 11 though.

6 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Reach played left back many times under CC, he's probably our best left back currently, thats why I said we need to sign one.

FF was at his best playing from the left and why he was considered a 10m pound player at that time.

We don't have a right winger, thats why Abdi is there, if you notice I said we needed 2 wide players.

That midfield 4 behind the striker would be fluid and they would all rotate, meaning Abdi wouldn't be an out and out winger.

But thats going into tactics, still a good 11 though.

Oh you're serious...

Pelupessy for one hasn't shown he's championship standard yet...and you've got him screening the back four in a auto promotion team?

Get your napper down Sgt.

FFS.lol