Pelupessy

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Think that's borderline racist isn't it?

lol

I've heard loads of calls for 'an English manager', 'a proper English manager' etc. Almost like who matters less than where from. Completely baffling.

I’m loath to criticise, like others, because he’s barely been in the country two months. The speed of the Eredivisie in comparison to the Championship is vast aswell. From what I’ve seen pressing the ball is virtually not existent.

What I’ve found most surprising is that he was captain of Hercules yet he hasn’t displayed any leadership qualities from what I’ve seen. He doesn’t play like someone who leads by example either. He looks lost in all honesty, but that is probably down to the newness of it all. 

12 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

He’s playing in a poor team aswell with very little confidence.

May look better around our missing players - although that will probably push him onto the bench 

But we didn't want to sign somebody who would look better with our injured  players because the clue is they are injured and can't play.

We wanted someone who could play well with our reserves lol

Edited by owler66

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Good player in a pi55 poor team, most of the time he looks like he's trying to do everything on his own.

Be nice to see him in a midfield 3 with Bannan and Lee.

Luckily we'll be able to see him in a midfield with Bannan and Abdi/Clare very soon so people will then realise.

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

I've heard loads of calls for 'an English manager', 'a proper English manager' etc. Almost like who matters less than where from. Completely baffling.

You seem very worked up... what's your background?

Seems to be a bit of the Latin hothead in some of your postings.

Even anarchist leanings... I'll lick my pencil and make a few notes chummy.

FFS.

• Haha 2

you get what you pay for .......someone who comes from the mighty  heracles for tuppence isn't going to be ripping up the championship .he does ok from what I have seen of him but if we ever get hutch,lee& bannan back then I suspect he'll be picking splinters out of his arse until hutch breaks down.

14 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Good player in a pi55 poor team, most of the time he looks like he's trying to do everything on his own.

Be nice to see him in a midfield 3 with Bannan and Lee.

He lost the ball all on his own 3 times at least today.  What would better players around him do?  His first touch won't get any better with Bannan there.  His strength won't get better with Lee stood alongside him.

Edited by Suzuki_San
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peake said:

Luckily we'll be able to see him in a midfield with Bannan and Abdi/Clare very soon so people will then realise.

Bannan gets unfair criticism from the less educated members of the fanbase, he's a top Championship midfield player and we are missing him big time.

With Joey holding behind him and a fit Abdi in there we will look a different team.

However, we are still too one paced and don't have a player to stretch teams.

7 minutes ago, scram said:

He may well have cost a loan fee though - plus wages

Yeah of course but surely a loan fee for someone like Colback wouldn’t be astronomical would it? I actually think he could have been useful for us. Can’t argue with his commitment in matches that’s for sure. 

Edited by Woodyowl450
Misspelled

24 minutes ago, David Somni Jennings said:

Judge him next season, when he's adapted to the country, settled into a home, adjusted to the speed of the championship, and isn't surrounded by players who's confidence is so low they are all scared of the ball

Im starting to lose patience with these kinds of comment,you dont go out and buy a fridge to wait 12 months for it to turn into a settee you wanted.

How about going out and getting players that we dont have to wait untill they turn into championship footballers

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

However, we are still too one paced and don't have a player to stretch teams.

Definitely this.

But even if we did, they'd probably have to do everything pretty much on their own as the rest of the team would be 60 yards behind them.

35 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Another waste of money;wanted to give him a chance but he treats the ball like a very hot potato 

I’ll wager he is worth more then we paid for him in year or two so I call BS on this claim. He will be another Semedo, no particular talent but whole hearted and will run through a brick wall for the club. Will get no where near first team when all fit.