Pelupessy

If funds are tight and you need a defensive MF player, it has to be one you KNOW can do the job (ie one who has done it before in this league) not either one for the future or one who will do a job when he's had time to adjust to the division, like at the end of the season! Another waste of funds

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

He lost the ball all on his own 3 times at least today.  What would better players around him do?  His first touch won't get any better with Bannan there.  His strength won't get better with Lee stood alongside him.

Pelupessy is a defensive midfield player, in a fully fit Wednesday side he does what Hutch does, break up play and a bit of insurance for the defence.

Have you ever played in a team low on confidence?

No one wants the ball, players are hiding, which makes the game difficult for everyone.

Putting Bannan and Lee in there will at least give him a couple of options for a pass.

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Im starting to lose patience with these kinds of comment,you dont go out and buy a fridge to wait 12 months for it to turn into a settee you wanted.

How about going out and getting players that we dont have to wait untill they turn into championship footballers

Begger, do people not do that?! I’ve got 6 fridge/freezers now and I’ve been sitting on this bloody floor for months lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Bannan gets unfair criticism from the less educated members of the fanbase, he's a top Championship midfield player and we are missing him big time.

With Joey holding behind him and a fit Abdi in there we will look a different team.

However, we are still too one paced and don't have a player to stretch teams.

Probably cause he's 'too small' or 'lightweight'. Bannan and Lee are a level above any midfielder in the club and the energy and tenacity from Bannan is exactly what we need right now. If we won't use Reach at LWB it may be a good idea to use him as a SS which could help us stretch teams and be better on the counter.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

I've heard loads of calls for 'an English manager', 'a proper English manager' etc. Almost like who matters less than where from. Completely baffling.

Yeah let’s have a proper English manager... you know like the one that’s won the Premier league WTF:lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Definitely this.

But even if we did, they'd probably have to do everything pretty much on their own as the rest of the team would be 60 yards behind them.

Agree DJ, modern football is all about pace, the lack of pace in our set up is criminal.

Battering a bloke who's  been here 5 mins 

That cost nowt in today's market to the end of the season ..

Yet make excuses for others that have been here yonks costing our club a kings ransom weekly 

And don't contribute anything to the  club .

Really does make sense that you know...

Give the lad a break .....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

We could take the best players from the best 3 teams and they would still do feck all for us.

We are cursed, morale is so low, everything that could go wrong has and will.

How can a club with so much money and potential go so wrong.

I honestly don't see what or who could change our fortunes atm

Edited by Eightace

3 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

He's crap but it's not his fault..he has the same agency has van aken..it's blatantly obvious we can only sign players from a small pool..it stinks and we are in big poo poo

Van Aken and Pelupessy will be very important players for us in the future.

12 minutes ago, Bukta said:

I’ll wager he is worth more then we paid for him in year or two so I call BS on this claim. He will be another Semedo, no particular talent but whole hearted and will run through a brick wall for the club. Will get no where near first team when all fit.

I will say he is a waste of money along with Van Aken will be back in holland by this time next year 

45 minutes ago, David Somni Jennings said:

Judge him next season, when he's adapted to the country, settled into a home, adjusted to the speed of the championship, and isn't surrounded by players who's confidence is so low they are all scared of the ball

I think we said the same about Rhodes didn't we?

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Van Aken and Pelupessy will be very important players for us in the future.

Only if we go down they ain't promotion championship players 

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Way too early to even think about judging him

We know this from previous experience of when the team's been in freefall and new players have been brought in 

Hang on, you told us he was going to be our Captain Fantastic. Is that not judging him?! 

43 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Erm...I'm not entirely sure. 

Tbh I haven't been exactly blown away by him (seems to give the ball away a lot), but then he may well need a 6-month bedding in period. 

Thing is we can't really afford to have people trying to settle in. 

We had Jones, buttercup and boyd , English players well versed in the championship with years of experience and half the time they can't seem to make a 5-10 yard pass and give the ball away all the time, it isn't because the lads Dutch, maybe he's just trying to fit in with those three lol

• Haha 1

The injuries have killed us and we can't ignore it, the rest of this season is about surviving, I am doubting our chances because we lack fighters, we lack aggression.

But

Starting next season with an injury free squad will put us in the top 6, lets not get too down.

A fit 11 something like this will be competitive for a top 2 place:

.....................Westwood

Hunt.........Lees..........Van Aken..........Reach

.......................Pelupessy

Abdi.........Lee............Bannan............Forestieri

........................Hooper

Thats a top 2 starting 11

Too improve it further we sign an established left back and a couple of pacey wide players. Thats 3 signings in the summer transfer window.

Allow Nuhiu, Wallace and Loovens to leave, freeing up some decent wages.

I am optimistic about next season if we can survive this season.

I also fully believe I could manage this team to survival while preparing for a promotion push next season.