DISGRACEFUL

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just wondering why you lumped people into 'none of you' and who was contained within this caveat

lol

He means with all that “server monies” you’ve put away.

I know.

4 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Another flipping ticket price thread can we not create a full section like the board room and call it Ticketwhinge 

And another section to whinge about people whinging ?

When the Chairman didnt deliver on the back of huge ticket prices, it was always going to be a hot topic.

It will only get bigger until the mess left by Carlos is turned round.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

And another section to whinge about people whinging ?

When the Chairman didnt deliver on the back of huge ticket prices, it was always going to be a hot topic.

It will only get bigger until the mess left by Carlos is turned round.

Think we could call that the Big Dave, Happy Clapper, sack the band, Dennis Hobson takeover section lol

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe all the self made Billionaires on here who are not only experts in every aspect of business, but are also the equivalent of Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankly and Pep rolled into one, with regard to matters on the pitch could put him right. (Oh yeah, I forgot, you do).

I’m really surprised none of you were pushing & shoving to throw your accumulated acquired wealth & your expertise into the fray when we were 5 minutes from extinction. 

You’d think that with running & managing a club & team being so straightforward & easy, there would be a tie at the top of the Prem every year!

Wonder when DC has work done at his house he’s telling the Plumbers, Sparkies, Gas Fitters, Joiners etc how it should be done.

If I had a Plumber round and I had paid £600 and my toilet was still leaking I think I would have a right to ask him what he was playing at though.

This post just comes across as you are not allowed to have allowed to have an opinion on how SWFC are being run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe all the self made Billionaires on here who are not only experts in every aspect of business, but are also the equivalent of Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankly and Pep rolled into one, with regard to matters on the pitch could put him right. (Oh yeah, I forgot, you do).

I’m really surprised none of you were pushing & shoving to throw your accumulated acquired wealth & your expertise into the fray when we were 5 minutes from extinction. 

You’d think that with running & managing a club & team being so straightforward & easy, there would be a tie at the top of the Prem every year!

Wonder when DC has work done at his house he’s telling the Plumbers, Sparkies, Gas Fitters, Joiners etc how it should be done.

Chansiri is no more a self made billionaire than anyone posting on this site. The accounts due by tomorrow will show that having a rich and successful father does not make him a businessman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over 20'000 Dortmund fans boycotted last nights game simply because it was on a Monday night!

We whinge, but mainly do little else about it....

If it was simply a corporation versus customers ..We would...but its anathema to Owls fans, and fans of most other historical British clubs to boycott...

I can't see myself doing it, it smacks of disloyalty, and besides I enjoy going!

Until the whole psyche of British football fans changes, it will keep happening.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

If I had a Plumber round and I had paid £600 and my toilet was still leaking I think I would have a right to ask him what he was playing at though.

This post just comes across as you are not allowed to have allowed to have an opinion on how SWFC are being run.

The forum should simply be restricted to praising- unless we’ve run a football club or played professionally. Then we can offer an opinion. 

Oh unless that opinion is a bit critical like Jon Newsome. Then we can ignore his opinion because he was a journeyman who may or may not have a league title winners medal. 

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody's doing that though really and if they try they get challenged and debated

Those who simply blast fans who can't afford to go to every game but choose  to go to the bigger ones need to shake themselves as it's just not the right or nice thing to do

The "debate" on this site is becoming increasingly stifled. It's far too easy for those who love to stir to hide behind the "post not poster" excuse. 

Suddenly everyone is remarkably sensitive to a bit of flak. 

As for the ticket prices:

They're pretty lousy and I think we all knew that before someone helpfully decided to do a comparison with Nottingham Forest. My main concern is whether the club is going to splurge all the money in one go.

44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The "debate" on this site is becoming increasingly stifled. It's far too easy for those who love to stir to hide behind the "post not poster" excuse. 

Suddenly everyone is remarkably sensitive to a bit of flak. 

The post not poster thing is pretty much the simplest rule of them all mate

There's absolutely zero excuse or reason for getting personal with someone because of differing viewpoints.

I dont' know why you're so desperate for personal conflicts

It doesn't add anything but grief to the situation, isn't good reading, and it basically just bullying someone when all's said and done

I'm all for debate but not on a personal level.

Owlstalk should be a friendly place where fellow owls have debates on SWFC and disagreements and even arguments over points, but it should never be personal

Owlstalk Shop