The blame game doesn't care for age...

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

KFC has sent our nutter delirious with angry hunger

The sooner they can get their chicken nuggets the sooner they'll stop posting mentalism about our new manager

tut tut Neil. Something about posts , not posters, comes to mind :rolleyes:. I think I might neg you for that lol . Oh, hang on .......

3 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I didn't say that nobody saw a thing. I said nobody saw - within those five seconds - that it was a "boot to the face". If they had done, play would've been stopped. Are you suggesting that the referee and his assistant both saw that it was a serious head injury and just decided to play on anyway?

Wasting your time mate,

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I will give a young player a bit more leaway in their performances but it can only go so far.

You don't get any more points because you play a few youngsters.

Might be good in the long run if some players get a bit of stick early on, see if they have mentality you need to play at a big club like Wednesday.

Yes. Consistency is what is required after initially getting in the team, and it's a managerial judgement to decide how long to be patient. 

you make a mistake your gonna cop some i'm afraid and how you respond is the important bit  , bob bolder & mel sterland got dogs abuse at the start of there careers and yet they hadn't done  too badly by the time they left .wildsmith getting jeered doesn't seem to have affected him lets hope the other lads who get some follow suit ....it's a sad fact that if they are affected then they probably wont have long careers .

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well said

It's never the intelligent folk that single out players though. It always seem to be the lesser intellectual

Or some one intent in causing trouble by coming out with totally fabricated rubbish and then calling phone-ins under an alternative guise to say all Wednesday fans feel the same. Let's not rule that one out

16 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

... apparently.

So it seems that the uncontrollable desire of some to lay blame on individuals doesn't discriminate.

If you wear a Wednesday shirt then expect to cop a load of it eventually; in fact, if you are a young, inexperienced pro, being thrown into the first team in the midst of an injury crisis then you can assume that unless you set the world alight, you'll get some serious flak pretty much straightaway.

It was decided after last night's game, that an obviously rather nervous performance from Stobbs, means he's "not good enough" and that according to one poster Thorniley's mistimed challenge was "a disgrace" and "hopefully he's out for the season".

In my opinion,these comments range from premature and unhelpful in relation to Stobbs and downright disgusting about JT. 

While they might be varying in their severity, they come from exactly the same misplaced idea; that it's in any way constructive to single out individuals for blame. 

While I'm not naive enough to think it will ever stop, nor sufficiently judgemental to deny that we don't all occasionally do it in the heat of the moment, if we ever want our young players to meet their potential we simply have to allow them the chance to make mistakes or have a below par performance or two. If we jump on it immediately and declare them "not good enough" it can only ever become a self fulfilling prophecy.

WAWAW

If someone on here has said they hope JT is out for the season they want banning.

One of the most disgusting things I've heard if true.

Shameful.

16 hours ago, Ronio said:

Not blaming Jordan.  Sure it was a rash challenge but ref should have immediately stopped the play.

Had the ref followed normal protocols, it wouldn't have been a goal.  

Jordan initially made the mistake. I don't think we can have many complaints over what followed. The journalists were desperately attempting to draw Jos on it afterwards, but you can't blame the referee or the Millwall player. 

Jordan was at fault. So what? He will be an excellent player for Wednesday. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, Cockers said:

Jordan initially made the mistake. I don't think we can have many complaints over what followed. The journalists were desperately attempting to draw Jos on it afterwards, but you can't blame the referee or the Millwall player. 

Jordan was at fault. So what? He will be an excellent player for Wednesday. 

I was there, saw the tackle, and JT stay down with his head in his hands. I genuinely thought he was embarassed about just how bad his tackle was.

Dont think anybody knew he had a head injury

I think some of the criticism is overly harsh and unnecessary.

However. This is a football forum to discuss Sheffield Wednesday. We don't have to babysit and hold players hands.

I bet you JT would be the first to hold his hands up and say he made a poor decision to dive in like that instead of staying on his feet. Then the fact he misses the ball.

I wish him a very speedy recovery and he's come in and done a decent job in a crisis. It doesn't exclude him from people pointing out a mistake on a fans forum. He will learn from this and become a better player for it. 

Im not going to have a go or be angry about it, but we should be allowed to point out mistakes during games by players, otherwise what's the point?