The blame game doesn't care for age...

Just now, punkskaphil said:

The ref clearly didn't see that it was a serious head injury. His assistant didn't either. Neither did anybody else, apart from Thorniley himself. In the five seconds between the injury and the ball hitting the back of our net, there's no way the ref could've known the severity of the injury.

It did look serious as it happened. 

The ref and lino would have been watching as Jordon went flying in.  , 

People feel they can just be negative and when that player turns out not to be a Wednesday legend (99% aren't) they can say they said so. Most youngsters won't make it, but you have to give them a chance, most players we buy don't work, but we get excited when they sign and give them a bedding in period. All these youngsters need more and more experience and they will be an asset for our club on the whole. Jos is doing the right things with the academy and long may it continue.

We have had promising keepers, defenders and midfielders from the academy now under Jos, if only there was a promising striker too.....................:ph34r:.

Guest Grez Bez
35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well said

It's never the intelligent folk that single out players though. It always seem to be the lesser intellectual

Emotions over logic!

9 minutes ago, Ronio said:

It did look serious as it happened. 

The ref and lino would have been watching as Jordon went flying in.  , 

It looked like he'd over-stretched himself. Nobody saw the contact with his head, and then he rolled around with his hands covering his face. The cleaner in our office has a Millwall ST right behind where the linesman was and he told me this morning that it was some time before people down there realised it was something head-related. In a sport where players regularly roll about on the ground to con the officials, you're honestly expecting the ref to have made a definite judgement on the severity of the injury and decide to stop the game in under five seconds?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

It looked like he'd over-stretched himself. Nobody saw the contact with his head, and then he rolled around with his hands covering his face. The cleaner in our office has a Millwall ST right behind where the linesman was and he told me this morning that it was some time before people down there realised it was something head-related. In a sport where players regularly roll about on the ground to con the officials, you're honestly expecting the ref to have made a definite judgement on the severity of the injury and decide to stop the game in under five seconds?

It was clear he took a boot to face, so yes i am expecting the ref or lino to make a judgement call within the 5 seconds.

How many rash tackles do you not see nowadays, where the ref immediately blows the whistle.  It happens all the time.  

Just now, Ronio said:

What did she tell you Trev?

they changed to a cheaper supplier (dhl) who didn't get their end of the deal correct and the distribution place was still a building site , so much so that KFC were offering all staff an extra 12 hours shift and more money to get stuff distributed from the kfc storage at Rugby , meanwhile KFC bosses were creeping round their old distribution company to help get the stock delivered but after being dropped by K F C the old company told them to do one lol 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

they changed to a cheaper supplier (dhl) who didn't get their end of the deal correct and the distribution place was still a building site , so much so that KFC were offering all staff an extra 12 hours shift and more money to get stuff distributed from the kfc storage at Rugby , meanwhile KFC bosses were creeping round their old distribution company to help get the stock delivered but after being dropped by K F C the old company told them to do one lol 

DHL eh.

Still at least it wasn't yodel or the neighbours blue recycle  bin would be full of chicken.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Ronio said:

It was clear he took a boot to face, so yes i am expecting the ref or lino to make a judgement call within the 5 seconds.

How many rash tackles do you not see nowadays, where the ref immediately blows the whistle.  It happens all the time.  

Except, literally nobody saw that. The ref didn't. The assistant didn't. His own teammates didn't. The fans didn't. Hence the ref didn't stop play and the goal stood, and correctly so.

10 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Except, literally nobody saw that. The ref didn't. The assistant didn't. His own teammates didn't. The fans didn't. Hence the ref didn't stop play and the goal stood, and correctly so.

That's quite a bold statement to make, that nobody saw a thing.  And one which I respectfully disagree.  

36 minutes ago, Ronio said:

That's quite a bold statement to make, that nobody saw a thing.  And one which I respectfully disagree.  

I didn't say that nobody saw a thing. I said nobody saw - within those five seconds - that it was a "boot to the face". If they had done, play would've been stopped. Are you suggesting that the referee and his assistant both saw that it was a serious head injury and just decided to play on anyway?