Jos - You just lost your free hit...

I can imagine that Jos's brief when he took the job was to keep us in the Championship and provide a platform for next season.

He took up the offer knowing that half of the squad (arguably the "better" half) was not available due to long term injuries and the other half of the squad could barely muster 70 minutes of match fitness.

As a coach ( in another sport), I can confirm that getting players fit is a lot harder than keeping players fit.

Given these circumstances, we should not under estimate the task that Jos has taken on and we should understand that there will be bad days and good days ahead.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I can imagine that Jos's brief when he took the job was to keep us in the Championship and provide a platform for next season.

He took up the offer knowing that half of the squad (arguably the "better" half) was not available due to long term injuries and the other half of the squad could barely muster 70 minutes of match fitness.

As a coach ( in another sport), I can confirm that getting players fit is a lot harder than keeping players fit.

Given these circumstances, we should not under estimate the task that Jos has taken on and we should understand that there will be bad days and good days ahead.

Spot on . Jos is doing the best he can with the mess he inherited. 

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Job Started - The demise of Sheffield Wednesday lol

sadly the demise of sheffield wednesday has being going on since just after the early 60's.

the injection of capital brought in by the new owner, whilst being a great pick up and opportunity for the club, were just that, 'an opportunity' and far from a cert.

i believe the term 'whatever it takes' may have been used, but anyone who deals in money knows you can only spend it once, and once spent, it's gone. there has, there had, to be a limit, and there's a possibility we have reached it.

with gray in command our football was dour, but he could rightly argue he had no money, and a poor selection of forwards.

had he been retained did he only need forwards to launch a challenge (at a cost of what £35m) we'll never know?.

instead carlos was brought in, and just about everything was overhauled at some cost, our unknown foreign coach didn't work out for us, and a fortune spent later we're lower than gray had us in the table.

carlos had some ideas that were 'unusual' for the english championship, but time proved them to be lacking.

now we have jos, and just (it appears) as carlos did he (has or) had the other night the idea we could go away with no forwards on the field and rescue something bringing them on late. IF we had defended better the idea may have worked, but it didn't, and not looking at the point, or points we dropped, but looking at the fantastic travelling fans that wasted good money on what looked a bad onfield idea, let's hope we never see that again.

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

That's what you said to me on another thread.

If you don't agree with someone, you should engage yourself in the cut and thrust of reasoned debate and not use clichés which don't mean anything.  

Very true mate

lol

I apologise and will endeavour to do exactly that

Owlstalk Shop