Big Adthe

31 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Just a very average footballer, league 1 standard. Puts in a shift and works hard. Can't fault him for that unlike the majority of the squad this season.

Will give his all but definitely not what we need going forward.

Isnt our record terrible when he's played btw? Not his fault btw. I could be wrong. Think someone posted stats about the last 10 or so games he started.

I had a touch of dejavu then, thought I was reading about Leon Clarke for a moment. The same guy who wasn’t good enough but yet is the divisions top scorer. 

I don’t get the negativity (not your post btw, that’s one of the more positive ones) shown on here to so many of our players.

Nuhiu isn’t our first choice. Not even put forth choice. He puts in a shift, causes havoc and confusion around him. The likes of him and Palmer always get the abuse yet there are worse players in teams above us, worse players that I’d argue earn more too! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

sorry mate cant agree   the bit in bold is often needed to change a game and get some pride back at least he recognises the fans

he's a lumbering oaf but possible one of the most skilful with it at his feet sounds daft but if you took the glasses off and watch he is

BUT his biggest contribution is effort and fear, the opposition swarm round him like flies thus creating space  a valid weapon imo 

we could have won that quite easily near the end and he'd be the reason 

Bob on. It amazes me that some fans can't see what happens when he comes on. Every time he challenged for the ball the were 2 or 3 trying to take him out. The amount of space he opens up for his team is redonculas. We need a lightning player at his side to get in these spaces. Fessi. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

I had a touch of dejavu then, thought I was reading about Leon Clarke for a moment. The same guy who wasn’t good enough but yet is the divisions top scorer. 

I don’t get the negativity (not your post btw, that’s one of the more positive ones) shown on here to so many of our players.

Nuhiu isn’t our first choice. Not even put forth choice. He puts in a shift, causes havoc and confusion around him. The likes of him and Palmer always get the abuse yet there are worse players in teams above us, worse players that I’d argue earn more too! 

I think with Leon Clarke though he always had the quality to be a decent championship striker. The right attributes of pace, power and half decent finishing. Should have played more at this level than league 1. His head just wasn't in it. 

Personally I didn't rule Clarke out, as there will have been plenty others that didn't too. I also think he's gone through a bit of a purple patch in a very attacking united side. Decent championship striker but no world beater. 

Unfortunatley Nuhui doesn't have the attributes to do the same. Let's jus hope when he does play he continues to put in 100% for the team. I have no doubts he will do that.

2 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Bob on. It amazes me that some fans can't see what happens when he comes on. Every time he challenged for the ball the were 2 or 3 trying to take him out. The amount of space he opens up for his team is redonculas. We need a lightning player at his side to get in these spaces. Fessi. 

th epoint is people feel entrenched in an opinion  I've screamed at him myself but have to recognise that the lad tries ( you cant tell me they all do ) and he changes match after match ok he isnt easy on the eye but to ignore it is to be an idiot imo

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

I think with Leon Clarke though he always had the quality to be a decent championship striker. The right attributes of pace, power and half decent finishing. Should have played more at this level than league 1. His head just wasn't in it. 

Personally I didn't rule Clarke out, as there will have been plenty others that didn't too. I also think he's gone through a bit of a purple patch in a very attacking united side. Decent championship striker but no world beater. 

Unfortunatley Nuhui doesn't have the attributes to do the same. Let's jus hope when he does play he continues to put in 100% for the team. I have no doubts he will do that.

I hope it never came across as a dig, really wasn’t intended to. Your post was very positive by contrast to many. 

Was just trying to highlight that we are and have and have always been very quick to rule out players and want better. It’s been the same for decades, our squad is full of players that get abuse and these players quite possibly could all do a job in teams that are above us at the moment. 

Nuhiu and Palmer are GREAT squad players. I bet they are on fractions of the other players in the squad, both understand their role and both offer everything when called upon. A squad of 25 top level championship players doesn’t always easy to manage or affordable. 

He was like an ice hockey enforcer last night, almost as if he thought "They're getting on top, need to change the momentum a bit, I'm going to f**k some c**t up".

Or he's a bit slow and got there as a quick as he could.

Whatever it was, great hit.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I hope it never came across as a dig, really wasn’t intended to. Your post was very positive by contrast to many. 

Didn't come across as a dig at all mate so don't worry. Sorry if I gave that impression. 

Players like Joao I wouldn't write off as some did, even though he needs to realise his potential and ability sharpish. That's because you can see the raw quality. 

I just think there are certain types of players you can rule out getting better and going to the next level the majority of the time. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Moore said:

He was like an ice hockey enforcer last night, almost as if he thought "They're getting on top, need to change the momentum a bit, I'm going to f**k some c**t up".

Or he's a bit slow and got there as a quick as he could.

Whatever it was, great hit.

When being accused of a late night tackle Norman Hunter used to tell the referee that he got there as quick as he could. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Didn't come across as a dig at all mate so don't worry. Sorry if I gave that impression. 

Players like Joao I wouldn't write off as some did, even though he needs to realise his potential and ability sharpish. That's because you can see the raw quality. 

I just think there are certain types of players you can rule out getting better and going to the next level the majority of the time. 

Can you imagine a confident Jaoa charging forward knowing there’s s solid base Behind him? 

Have to agree that he’s effective in the last quarter of a game and definitely gives any manager a plan B.  If you were being picky I think you’d have to acknowledge that he should be better in the air. Hes not just tall, he’s got the bulk as well and in an ideal world you’d love to see him dominating CBs and powering more headers into the net.

That said, I can’t help but like the big fella, but I’d love to see him score a few more.

Despite some criticism there is room in most teams for people like Nuhiu. Hes limited and should never be a starter but is a great sub, hes perfect late on to hold the ball if we are winning and need to take pressure off, he also offers a plan B if we need a goal and short passing isnt working. Hes been a far more effective sub in his time than fletcher or rhodes who both offer nothing from the bench yet carlos used them time and again over nuhiu and joao who is also decent of the bench at turning games and causing opposition defenders a different problem

As has been mentioned players like nuhiu and palmer are essential to squad dynamics. Its easy to say we need to move past players like them but you then end up with overpaid players on the bench who arent happy and go off injured for a while and cause trouble behind the scenes. Nuhiu and palmer are likely to be on relatively less than the rest of the squad are far happier on the bench than most and understand their role over the course of the season. They both have good relationships with the fans and understand what the club is about and how privileged they are to be at such a club. They are also almost never injured cant remember the last time either was unavailable thats not just luck its a desire to play.