If what I've read is true........

If the things I have read on here and in other places over the last few days are true then I fully expect the Swans to avoid relegation this season. Once again he will have inherited a fully fit squad that will be capable of running, chasing and harrying the opposition just as we did in his first season.

Some of the football back then was scintillating , but season on season the players got less fit and then were unable to put in the necessary exertions to make that style of play work.

Once again he will be heralded as a hero but next season , unless the fitness coaches at Swansea have some say in it , we will see them begin to disintegrate too.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL WEDNESDAYITES.

UTO

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.

FFS lol 

• Haha 1

Clearly it will be disputed by the coaching staff and the players themselves about fitness levels but as an observer the things that made us an effective team in season 1 - the chasing down the ball, hunting in packs, pass and move with tempo have long disappeared.

Last season we were still good enough defensively to shut out teams but with injuries and other factors we do look vulnerable to teams that attack us.

The comment from a Brentford fan and indeed Bullen that we looked tired is a damning indictment. Been a few fixtures but this has been a normal Saturday Tuesday Saturday period and one everyone else is having to deal with

11 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The comment from a Brentford fan and indeed Bullen that we looked tired is a damning indictment. Been a few fixtures but this has been a normal Saturday Tuesday Saturday period and one everyone else is having to deal with

Tomorrows going to be interesting then isn't it.

10 minutes ago, trev said:

Maybe this is why he only lasts 1 or 2 seasons at most clubs.

Tell me a manger or coach who does.

If he's any sense, he'll buy a nice house in Tenby, which looks a bit like the Algarve, and just forget about all those bitter Owlstalkers calling him clueless and kick a ball.

Thinks he's maybe found his niche.  

Where are we heading by the way?   Shouldn't we concentrate on that.  

Edited by Lincs Owl

Fitness was an issue towards end of first season but think Op is right standards have slowly declined and this year collapsed. I was at home and listened to Chris Kamaracomments on Watford v swansea game. Said was surprised Watford not pressing home advantage and it looked as though neither side wanted to win. i believe Swansea goal was first shot in second half and first in game on target. His description of tactics sounded just like we played. i would be shocked if they survived a better bet may be Cc relieved of duties before end of season.

52 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

If the things I have read on here and in other places over the last few days are true then I fully expect the Swans to avoid relegation this season. Once again he will have inherited a fully fit squad that will be capable of running, chasing and harrying the opposition just as we did in his first season.

Some of the football back then was scintillating , but season on season the players got less fit and then were unable to put in the necessary exertions to make that style of play work.

Once again he will be heralded as a hero but next season , unless the fitness coaches at Swansea have some say in it , we will see them begin to disintegrate too.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL WEDNESDAYITES.

UTO

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.

FFS lol 

They will stay up at the expense of hudders.:manager:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Quist said:

Fitness was an issue towards end of first season but think Op is right standards have slowly declined and this year collapsed. I was at home and listened to Chris Kamaracomments on Watford v swansea game. Said was surprised Watford not pressing home advantage and it looked as though neither side wanted to win. i believe Swansea goal was first shot in second half and first in game on target. His description of tactics sounded just like we played. i would be shocked if they survived a better bet may be Cc relieved of duties before end of season.

And offside the first goal.

Fine margins and all that

29 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Tell me a manger or coach who does.

If he's any sense, he'll buy a nice house in Tenby, which looks a bit like the Algarve, and just forget about all those bitter Owlstalkers calling him clueless and kick a ball.

Thinks he's maybe found his niche.  

Where are we heading by the way?   Shouldn't we concentrate on that.  

Mumbles or Rhossilli for me but reckon but reckon he'll go for a swish a

apartment on the waterfront, it's not like he can't afford it if Swanseas have at least matched the 800,000 a year I'm lead to to believe Wednesday were wasting on him.