Carlos Statement

I'm sorry to see him go but I think it was the right time. Things weren't going well this season and we seemed to be in a downward spiral. Thank you for that fantastic first season. The second was also fantastic compared to our recent history but ultimately disappointing.

The king is dead. Long live the king. (whoever he is)  

Exactly...wish the guy well, but his ideas stagnated and the chairman gave him plenty of time for him to recognise it and change. Ultimately the most devisive manager we've had in recent times and the club was starting to become toxic as a result. If he has 'mutually agreed' to leave then I'm glad he recognised that for the good of Wednesday, he could no longer be in charge...just wish he'd have done it 2 months ago when we still could have got in the play offs!!

Edited by Owlthekop

7 minutes ago, steveger said:

Good statement from him to be fair, wish him well in his future career, whatever he chooses to do

Exactly this....

The hate towards him was uncalled for, however his time was up and he knew it. 

I just wish he sh he succeeded and reverted to his first season football, because at times it was mind blowing, sweeping attacking play. 

CC should be remembered for the good times at S6 that we had, he did partly put us back on the football map again. That 3-0 against Arsenal, Brighton & play off final. He got me beleiveing again. 

I just wish he left in the summer and he would go down as a bit of a hero, instead it got a bit poisonous in the end. We all have to wish him well for the future, and if he came back as a guest in a few years time I'd welcome him back. 

Time me for a change though and the right decision in the end. 

Very classy statement from a classy human being who was clearly under immense pressure since the start of the season.

I have no doubt he will be just as popular at his next appointment.

That's football and I for one will also take those great memories with me.

Good luck CC.

Let's move on.

Dignity restored and he leaves with his head held high.

5 or 6 weeks earlier would have left us with a chance of reaching the play offs but I think it is difficult to give up if you really believe you can turn things round in a job you obviously love. I am also sure that if he perceived some of the things said as abuse it would make him dig his heels in more and try to prove everyone wrong. It would have that effect on me I'm sure.

He deserves nothing but thanks and respect for his time here and everyone should wish him well on a personal and professional basis. Although I will stop short of wishing him "every" success until we find out if his next job is in charge of our "opposites".

All the best Carlos.

24 minutes ago, Owlthekop said:

Exactly...wish the guy well, but his ideas stagnated and the chairman gave him plenty of time for him to recognise it and change. Ultimately the most devisive manager we've had in recent times and the club was starting to become toxic as a result. If he has 'mutually agreed' to leave then I'm glad he recognised that for the good of Wednesday, he could no longer be in charge...just wish he'd have done it 2 months ago when we still could have got in the play offs!!

Personally I think the divisiveness comes more from the fact that technology like we are using right now makes it so much easier for us all to have an argument. The next manager will be divisive too unless he's very successful.

21 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Very classy statement from a classy human being who was clearly under immense pressure since the start of the season.

I have no doubt he will be just as popular at his next appointment.

That's football and I for one will also take those great memories with me.

Good luck CC.

Let's move on.

100% this .