SWFC Chairman

On 10/12/2017 at 21:16, jonnyowl said:

I think we should be more patient with the chairman.

Yes he should have sacked Carlos a month ago if not before  And we can all complain about prices and shirts!

But let's face it we didn't complain anywhere near this much over the last two seasons and we probably wouldn't complain as much if we were top 6 this season!

We wouldn't complain as much if he came to each and every one of us at every game and gave us a complimentary sausage roll and abovril but it's absolutely irrelevant cos that's clearly not the case.

As others have stated we are where we are 3 years down the line exactly where MM left us but paying heaps more for the privilege with no stripes and a Harry bleeding Potter badge   and that's the fact of the matter. There's no use mentioning top 6 because we aren't there. 

The problem seems to be with DC that he is too loyal, that once he trusts someone he fully supports them.... or, alternativly he’s just naive..

Personally I think it’s down to loyalty and if he is a businessman that loyalty at some point will fade, the real question is when...

With tins of tuna you can wait a while or watch your sales and market share move.. with football you only really notice when your revenue is hit, maybe, just maybe he will realise dropping down the league like we are justifies why the fans didn’t buy into that Premier League season ticket rubbish..

14 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Bad luck off the pitch? You'll have to explain how it's luck and not bad management.

Bad luck off the pitch? You'll have to explain how it's luck and not bad management.

You’ll be blaming Carlos for the bad weather next, huge overspending along with mega wages have placed us very close to the FFP naughty boys line. The George Hirst situation is a complete fiasco, the club can’t even sort out the stock of replica shirts, Carlos’s fault again I presume.

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

You’ll be blaming Carlos for the bad weather next, huge overspending along with mega wages have placed us very close to the FFP naughty boys line. The George Hirst situation is a complete fiasco, the club can’t even sort out the stock of replica shirts, Carlos’s fault again I presume.

I'm not blaming Carlos. The thread is entitled "SWFC chairman".

The George Hirst fiasco and the kit balls up is down to inept management in the boardroom, not bad luck.

On 11/12/2017 at 02:47, ronior said:

Each to their own of course, but I find it absolutely incredible that anyone can be of that opinion.

Carlos has very much lost his way and should probably be replaced, but Chansiri is a much bigger danger to our club imho. I think he's done much more harm than good since taking over and I regret the day he ever did.

negative so called fans who refuse to move on or any kind of dare i say it change are the biggest danger to this club. I would not put my money into a club if all its supporters thought like you. you say its incredible to support an opinion of optimism. I wonder what our club would be like if the majority of fans have your attitude - probably bottom division with all the other clubs that refuse to accept new ideas and large amounts of finance.. At least then you might have something positive to say about swfc and its chairman. I will stick with what we have at the moment thanks.  

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

negative so called fans who refuse to move on or any kind of dare i say it change are the biggest danger to this club. I would not put my money into a club if all its supporters thought like you. you say its incredible to support an opinion of optimism. I wonder what our club would be like if the majority of fans have your attitude - probably bottom division with all the other clubs that refuse to accept new ideas and large amounts of finance.. At least then you might have something positive to say about swfc and its chairman. I will stick with what we have at the moment thanks.  

Should we reserve judgement until he makes his choice of the next manager . Whoever it will be, will tell us a lot more about the chairman. So on that basis I'll wait before I cast my opinion on DC.

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

Should we reserve judgement until he makes his choice of the next manager . Whoever it will be, will tell us a lot more about the chairman. So on that basis I'll wait before I cast my opinion on DC.

too many people not fans made their mind up to hound the chairman out with negative and pathetic comments. I fed up of these people who get off on anything they can finding the smallest faults about swfc and any decisions the guy has made. He human and sure has and will make mistakes. Overall he has and is doing for the club what it needs to be in the top division. I and all the real fans of the club should get behind him the manager and the players so we can have a decent chance of getting what we all want - success. I agree clswfc that his next manager choice will make up a lot of peoples minds. I hope he gets it right because a lot of people on owlstalk are very vocal about there dislike of the chairman and his decisions. I starting to think that there is a lot of people on here who are unitedites or just wind up merchants. 

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

too many people not fans made their mind up to hound the chairman out with negative and pathetic comments. I fed up of these people who get off on anything they can finding the smallest faults about swfc and any decisions the guy has made. He human and sure has and will make mistakes. Overall he has and is doing for the club what it needs to be in the top division. I and all the real fans of the club should get behind him the manager and the players so we can have a decent chance of getting what we all want - success. I agree clswfc that his next manager choice will make up a lot of peoples minds. I hope he gets it right because a lot of people on owlstalk are very vocal about there dislike of the chairman and his decisions. I starting to think that there is a lot of people on here who are unitedites or just wind up merchants. 

Interesting point of view and grammar :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

Interesting point of view and grammar :rolleyes:

night shift. i surprised it makes any sense at all., I apologise for my poor grammer. Its not much better when i am awake. I just getting fed up of being slagged off for supporting my club. If these people who use owlstalk just to wind fans up are actually wednesdayites they do not knoiw what support really means. I not in anyway saying that you are in that group i referring to. bad grammer again. i going to bed !

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

night shift. i surprised it makes any sense at all., I apologise for my poor grammer. Its not much better when i am awake. I just getting fed up of being slagged off for supporting my club. If these people who use owlstalk just to wind fans up are actually wednesdayites they do not knoiw what support really means. I not in anyway saying that you are in that group i referring to. bad grammer again. i going to bed !

No worries in fact you are a considerably better writer than many. I'm just interested where you are from?

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

No worries in fact you are a considerably better writer than many. I'm just interested where you are from?

Leafy wincobank for most of my life, I now at Longley, worked all my life in stainless steel production after being rejected at 18 years old from a football club that I can't mention on this site. I have always struggled with grammar. This probably creates confusion of my origin when people read my babble. PS pls no more stalkers I have plenty already. Really I haven;t but I dont want any if you offering ?? Time for my 8 hours beauty sleep. Happy new year. and up the owls !

On 29/12/2017 at 06:29, hirstys_achilles said:

Just you do that, pal, and we'll keep supporting Wednesday in our own different ways.

PS Your post was incredibly patronising (and pretty brainless imho).

39 minutes ago, ronior said:

Just you do that, pal, and we'll keep supporting Wednesday in our own different ways.

PS Your post was incredibly patronising (and pretty brainless imho).

Patronising - yes. Brainless - ??? support ??? look it up and see the definition, then carry on with brainless support. Even better don't bother. I pay my money to support and enjoy as well as if possible. Call me what ever you want I not bothered. I bothered about my team.