ASK THE CHAIRMAN - PART 8 corporate hospitality

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Well just to be sure, i'm going to get the super sleuth of the multiple user id's on the case, over to you @roaminowl

:columbo::columbo::columbo:

Can we have a Pete Frame written edition of Rock family trees 

Special owlstalk edition 

Where you can see who's who? who they were ?where theyre going ? And who they sometimes are and sometimes aren't? 

Just asking for a friend .....

None of it makes sense to me with a business head on - The club has limited commercial space, it is acknowledged it will never create substantial profit so price rises will always have a limited effect on the accounts even if demand had stayed the same. Given there appears to be very few takers to the commercial offerings - ie the boxes look empty, the padded seats too, the suites behind the boxes aren't set up I just Don't get how revenues have increased

To give a real life example a person I know did entertain clients at Hillsborough for the Barnsley game but all bar acquiring the tickets every other aspect was done away from the stadium

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I would like to ask Mr Chansiri why at no point he has addressed why he reneged on signed contracts.

I would suggest that this is THE major reason why box holders did not renew.

It was very badly handled,the corporate event they held left a bad taste in a lot of people`s mouths by all accounts,a close friend was going to renew but the way he was treat and no payment terms he told them `thanks but no thanks`,he had the cash but he said he felt uncomfortable and that the club had little interest in selling the corporate side to the people attending.

I also thought the corporate side was to bring in prospective sponsors,sadly no longer the case it seems.

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

None of it makes sense to me with a business head on - The club has limited commercial space, it is acknowledged it will never create substantial profit so price rises will always have a limited effect on the accounts even if demand had stayed the same. Given there appears to be very few takers to the commercial offerings - ie the boxes look empty, the padded seats too, the suites behind the boxes aren't set up I just Don't get how revenues have increased

To give a real life example a person I know did entertain clients at Hillsborough for the Barnsley game but all bar acquiring the tickets every other aspect was done away from the stadium

Thing that I cant get my head around is this

If corporate boxes don't generate significant profit then why do football clubs fall over themselves to build as many of them into their stadiums as possible?

Sometimes they even redevelop whole stands purely in order to accomodate more of them

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, mrbluesky said:

It was very badly handled,the corporate event they held left a bad taste in a lot of people`s mouths by all accounts,a close friend was going to renew but the way he was treat and no payment terms he told them `thanks but no thanks`,he had the cash but he said he felt uncomfortable and that the club had little interest in selling the corporate side to the people attending.

I also thought the corporate side was to bring in prospective sponsors,sadly no longer the case it seems.

I reckon we're seeing the club moving away from trying to get George The Butcher to have a box to getting McLaren, Apple and Uber to have them instead

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, @owlstalk said:

I reckon we're seeing the club moving away from trying to get George The Butcher to have a box to getting McLaren, Apple and Uber to have them instead

It`s working so far lol