Where other than UK have you watched us?

On 12/11/2017 at 07:37, DuttyTeabags said:

Manila hotel (play off semi 2016)

Ifollow or Sky most Sat nights in Singa 

Pickles Bar Ocean City, Maryland

Kuala Lumpur airport (QPR first match of season where we were robbed by ref, Adthe played out of his skin) 

Wife's parents house in NZ (Owls vs Newcastle win last season) 

Jw Marriot Sukhumvit,  Bangkok

The Surin hotel, Phuket 

OK, so the Surin Hotel wasn't very good, still no need for that language.☺

2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Watched us play on TV of course in Muscat, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Helmand Province, Basra, Pristina, Split, Tomislavgrad, Kupres, Calvi (Corsica), Calgary, Medicine Hat, Edmonton, Miami, Houston, Belize and probably a few others I can't remember. 

Quite a few tours then.

We are all proud and grateful for what you and others in the forces do, but even more at this time of the year.

Take care fellow Owl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the second leg of the play offs against brighton we were helping a mate who was racing at monaco historic gp that weekend and he bet me 50 euros I would never find anywhere to watch it. Irish bar in Nice had it live so that was a a good earner. His gearbox grenaded on the 5th lap so it was a bad weekend all round for him.......:ph34r::laugh:

Not sure if this counts. Was in Cairo airport in 1984 waiting to fly home. It was about midnight and it came over the tannoy that my flight had been delayed by 3 to 4 hours. Bloody great I thought. Then a big screen TV came to life and I heard the sound of Brian Moore. Well at least I thought I can watch a bit of footy to pass the time. Then says Brian tonight we have highlights of a match from earlier this season (?) its QPR vs Sheffield Wednesday. IIRC we lost  3-2 . Not a great result but hey it passed the time.

Know it is not where you watched them, but bought a carved wooden SWFC plaque off a bloke in the Kenyan bush 300 miles north of Nairobi in a tiny camp called archers post. We were playing shuffle under Irvine at the time so managed to negotiate a cut price deal, knowing the battle groups had been through and his chances of selling it were limited. Told him it is a Yorkshire tradition to haggle for a good price. lol

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Know it is not where you watched them, but bought a carved wooden SWFC plaque off a bloke in the Kenyan bush 300 miles north of Nairobi in a tiny camp called archers post. We were playing shuffle under Irvine at the time so managed to negotiate a cut price deal, knowing the battle groups had been through and his chances of selling it were limited. Told him it is a Yorkshire tradition to haggle for a good price. lol

Archers roast, was there in 94 God was it hot.