Is Joao a must against Villa and JT.

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

After many years of dealing mostly adequately with the likes of Aguero, Henry, Shearer, Owen etc. I'm pretty sure that John Terry won't be losing much sleep at the thought of playing against Lucas Joao.

Your forgetting that he’s an old man now, and if we play at walking pace he’ll have the easiest game of his life 

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Your forgetting that he’s an old man now, and if we play at walking pace he’ll have the easiest game of his life 

With that old man in the centre of their defence, Villa have the joint second best defensive record in the Championship this season.

Rhodes must start against the Villians. If not then his confidence will be shot.So the question is how can we effectively achieve that.Hooper cannot be left out either, due to his goal return this season. I don't think we should be thinking too much about Terry's weakness, he has plenty of strengths, including attacking from corners and free kicks. We should be consentrating on our own strengths and doing things well as a team. Pressing, crossing, speed of moving the ball and passing.

I think it will be a game that we should concentrate on counter attack and good defending. I would play Palmer, Fox,Butterfield,Reach and Bannan again. The change for me should be to drop Wallace to the bench and push Lee out wide right.

I would bring on Joao on second half at about 70 mins, if in need of a goal. I think I would take a point at this stage.

Stick with rhodes & hooper with joao getting worthwhile game time 2nd half, whether pressing for a goal or offering a countering threat.

Will likely be favourite fletcher featuring in front of joao and offering little threat tho.

If millwall had equalised, fletch coming on ahead of joao would have been a big talking point, tactics will have to be better vs villa to get anything

I know its a bit nonsense, but front 2 of Rhodes/Fletcher & Hooper, with Hirst/Joao behind them in a free role.

Give JT 2 experienced forwards to deal with and take all the pressure off one of the youngn's. There's no point going for a draw at the moment, we needs wins and momentum asap. 

JT hates pace so you may have a point as Lucas is quick.

But we must get more for JR who needs to be deeper and Hoops will allow for that.

It's our marshmellow midfield that is more worrying though.

Defence gets little protection.

And Lee at right -back 's a no brainer for me.

What MAN Utd trained him for. 

3 hours ago, zzmdu said:

You do know that the title of this thread is about our choice of strikers?

That's why my post is discussing this.

I think the clue could be in the title  - and in line with this I stated my view with regards to Joao and Fletcher ..both strikers the last time I looked.

I just made the point that our issues go deeper than whether Joao should be playing or not.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl