Is Joao a must against Villa and JT.

Just mentioned in another thread that a quicker and more direct player might be the best option against The Villa.

On the other hand...I can only think of the damage that dropping Rhodes after his goal (and other good efforts) in the week might do the lads confidence.

There's no evidence that Rhodes and Hooper will make a good pairing.

However, surely they deserve the opportunity to show that it can be?

Just now, Holmowl said:

No.

Hooper and Rhodes. Failing that, Hooper and Fletcher.

Joao might well be worth twenty minutes later on, but he is nowhere near as good a striker as our main three.

Whilst I agree, he does bring that unpredictability that can be such a useful weapon to a side.

(Though sometimes so unpredictable that his team mates can't read him either:ph34r:)

The players who came in on Tuesday did a good job, overall

Palmer, Loovens, Butterfield, Fox and Rhodes should keep their places

Joao needs a decent run this season, but so does Rhodes and he's more a complete player, plus it will be a great boost for morale if he starts to consistently stick them away - could easily have had a hatrick against MIllwall

For me, Hooper and Rhodes should start - Joao to come on off the bench at some point - once their defence have been run rugged

Fletcher's been extremely poor. Played virtually every game this season and offered next to nothing. Hooper's carried him. This partnership that everyone bangs on about is so massively overrated. 

Rhodes, despite matching Fletcher's goal tally with a fraction of the game time, offers so little while on the pitch, it's difficult to make a case for him starting. 

We're in the bottom half so it's time for a change.

Would love to see Joao and Hooper get a run of games together. They compliment each other well. Joao has everything Fletcher and Rhodes lack. 

Thinking about it the other way, I'd want JT marking Hooper. Drag him out of the defensive line (which JT is excellent at martialling, always has been). If he doesn't follow them Hooper gets a lot of freedom. Rhodes on the other centre half, looking for space in the box.

Saying that, giving Bruce something to deal with that we haven't thrown at him in the past two seasons would be prudent.

Step forward Matias? Can't think of anything out of the box unless we change formation.