Gary Megson

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

The thing is..... football aside (sounds daft but bear with me) 

Whilst Meggo might not be the 'cultured' sometimes it's not about that always. It's about managing men. 

And they all respond to different things.

It's not just about tactics, and skill and technique. 

It'd dealing with human beings. 

Making men feel like lions.

That's the thing about football ...

....its not really about football all 

He was taught that at an early age ..

His dad no doubt 

Big Jack Definitely 

Uncle Brian (bag of sandgate )

And a good spell at Norwich with a respectable team

I'm not with the Meggo for Manager mob . But he' s up there in my Wednesday Hall of Fame , on the top table ....

Guest RocketOwl
6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Paul Sturrock did a better job than Gary Megson did. 

We should get him back. 

Well he didn't. 

Sturrock side was put together by Turner whilst Megson put together his side. Sturrock finished 5th whilst being given the time to finish the season. Megson would have got us finishing above 5th.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

I have never been more embarrassed as a Wednesdayite before or since after that loss to Stevenage.That's why I mention it.Not a case of "if that's all you have in your armoury " at all.

That defeat just colours my memory of Megson ,for all his blue and blood.As for the utd defeat, sure it hurt, but I've got over it.What's your point, anyway?

I see you’ve blanked the Irvine era  from your memory too.

I find it odd that you just focus on one or two bad games which should have been expected really given how bad we had become under Irvine.

we were headed for the fourth division! Megson kept us up that season and in his first full season had turned us into promotion material. Given that it took Big Jack three seasons to do that it just highlights what a great achievement that was.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

I have never been more embarrassed as a Wednesdayite before or since after that loss to Stevenage.That's why I mention it.Not a case of "if that's all you have in your armoury " at all.

That defeat just colours my memory of Megson ,for all his blue and blood.As for the utd defeat, sure it hurt, but I've got over it.What's your point, anyway?

You obviously didn't watch us get the shambolic game against Huddersfield or the shameful events the other week against the pigs.

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The thing is..... football aside (sounds daft but bear with me) 

Whilst Meggo might not be the 'cultured' sometimes it's not about that always. It's about managing men. 

And they all respond to different things.

It's not just about tactics, and skill and technique. 

It'd dealing with human beings. 

Making men feel like lions.

That's the thing about football ...

....its not really about football all 

I have heard it before that the best managers like Clough or Fergie knew instinctively which players needed a rocket up them and which needed an arm round them.

A degree in people I suppose you could say.

Think Megson type of management is you will either love it or hate it.

31 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Well he didn't. 

Sturrock side was put together by Turner whilst Megson put together his side. Sturrock finished 5th whilst being given the time to finish the season. Megson would have got us finishing above 5th.

Let's see...Sturrock inherited someone else's team (who were in dismal form) and managed to get them promoted. 

He did so whilst working with arguably the worst group of owners that the club has ever had. 

Megson was backed by Milan Mandaric (despite what some like to claim on here) and managed to get us to third. As things stand we were likely to finish in the play offs under him and then it is anyone's guess whether or not we'd have gone up. 

So, once again, you're talking sh*t. 

If was you I'd get someone to start paying you for doing so. You'd earn a fortune. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Let's see...Sturrock inherited someone else's team (who were in dismal form) and managed to get them promoted. 

He did so whilst working with arguably the worst group of owners that the club has ever had. 

Megson was backed by Milan Mandaric (despite what some like to claim on here) and managed to get us to third. As things stand we were likely to finish in the play offs under him and then it is anyone's guess whether or not we'd have gone up. 

So, once again, you're talking sh*t. 

If was you I'd get someone to start paying you for doing so. You'd earn a fortune. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Also, Sturrock didn't have a bunch of saddos fawning over him. 

Wind your neck in. I do appreciate that may be very difficult for you to do. You are one very angry man. 

Did garymegson ever snub you? Or were you denied admission to The Cult?

Just now, Simaniac Owl said:

Wind your neck in. I do appreciate that may be very difficult for you to do. You are one very angry man. 

Did garymegson ever snub you? Or were you denied admission to The Cult?

You've spent four years spamming the site with the same old sh*t. 

It wasn't funny then, it isn't now. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You've spent four years spamming the site with the same old sh*t. 

It wasn't funny then, it isn't now. 

What is happening to our club on the pitch isn’t funny. We need leadership, strength, fitness, tactics, set pieces, game plans  and passion. Carlos isn’t delivering,  Gary Megson can and will. 

3 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

What is happening to our club on the pitch isn’t funny. We need leadership, strength, fitness, tactics, set pieces, game plans  and passion. Carlos isn’t delivering,  Gary Megson can and will. 

No, he won't. 

We've moved on, even if you and about 5 other people on here haven't. 

Megson has had his day and that's why he's topping up the pension fund with his mate Tony at West Brom. 

Decent manager back in the day, but he's not going to come back, no matter how many times you post about it on an internet forum which is populated by a small section of our fanbase. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No, he won't. 

We've moved on, even if you and about 5 other people on here haven't. 

Megson has had his day and that's why he's topping up the pension fund with his mate Tony at West Brom. 

Decent manager back in the day, but he's not going to come back, no matter how many times you post about it on an internet forum which is populated by a small section of our fanbase. 

Still a decent coach and manager. Proven by him working for an established Premier club. 

I think you will find a surprising number of people would have Megson back tomorrow. Just ask people at the next home game.