Just a rumour...

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The only "vote" we have is the money we put into the club. Chansiri's won't be getting any more of mine until Carlos gets the old heave-ho

And that just about sums up the fickle nature of football fans. 

What if Carlos does get the sack and the person appointed is someone you don't like ? Will you still stay away until a person is appointed who meets with your approval. ?

A sign of togetherness and team spirit is banding together when times are tough. It seems a lot of our fanbase have thrown the towel in. Me, well I personally believe we will get better and I remain a supporter.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Probably I was making the point that we had more enjoyment under Carlos including a trip (nearly two) than since the early 90's sorry you couldn't grasp that.

I grasped it thank-you, I was just being pedantic due to the fact that your poor use of English made it seem that he was involved in the 90's. 

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think most of us were surprised by his appointment at the time. You'd certainly be hard pushed to find anyone who put his name forward before Gray lost the hotseat!

The first season was great under him considering we were only starting to form a team and began with no major expectation. Last season wasn't as exciting but you can't argue with the points haul. He got it majorly wrong in the play-off though and this season we should be doing much better considering there isn't the stand out automatic candidates that there was last season. In my opinion it has gone stale and it's time for a fresh approach.

So you're basically saying based on one game in the play offs (nobody complained about the first) and a handful this year he's got to go well all I can say is that is A1 normal for football clubs other than Man U and Arsenal.

Ill guarantee if a new manager doesn't turn it round in a dozen games well join the madness race nailed on we've got a fan base getting as self entitled as we used to be 20/30 years ago the wilderness years have learnt us nowt.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

If he was sacked it would be official by now.....they don't fooook about with 'announcement tomorrow'. Least that's what always happened to me lol

TBH that's not right with mr c is it. We've known about signings for days before out officially. Don't think telling the press is high on his list

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

TBH that's not right with mr c is it. We've known about signings for days before out officially. Don't think telling the press is high on his list

Nah, setting someone on is different, sacking is instant...leave ya desk now, don't come back. Besides CC would spill the beans or was he told not to say owt till tomoz ?

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

So you're basically saying based on one game in the play offs (nobody complained about the first) and a handful this year he's got to go well all I can say is that is A1 normal for football clubs other than Man U and Arsenal.

Ill guarantee if a new manager doesn't turn it round in a dozen games well join the madness race nailed on we've got a fan base getting as self entitled as we used to be 20/30 years ago the wilderness years have learnt us nowt.

Nobody complained about the first leg of the play-off tie? Really?

His boss gave him a job description of promotion in 2 years. He hasn't met that, despite going close and now seems to be drifting further away from that goal. A quarter of the season has gone and we are playing well 1 in 3 games at the most, which will not get us anywhere near the top 6.

It has nothing to do with the self-entitlement of the fans, but relates to the aims of the owner and the fact he is clearly not getting the best out of what he has at his disposal.

Guest Grez Bez
Just now, A12owl said:

Perhaps DC has gone back to Thailand to bring back a Top Taiwanese manager who we have never heard of. 

It worked for a season before with an unknown . Will it work again? garymegson

Whoops pressed the wrong (right) smiley.

Why would he go to Thailand to get a Taiwanese manager?

9 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Any Owl that starts these BS rumours seriously wants to have a word with themselves. OK you may not want Carlos at the club but turd like this only causes rot in the club and it only serves as a negative 

Losing to bolton (twice)and getting hammered by utd also 'serves as a negative'...

Edited by Ronseal

Guest Copthorneowl
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I grasped it thank-you, I was just being pedantic due to the fact that your poor use of English made it seem that he was involved in the 90's. 

Thanks for the insult but having re read my post and your response I don't need to go BACK to University you clearly don't understand a clear and reasonably concise post perhaps you could refer to the poor English specifically and then I can work on it for the future.

Yes you were being pedantic and in taking part in the character and performance assassination of a bloke we should just say thanks for the memories and all move on from without the need for any of the utter insults that's being heaped on him but hey it's a forum let's kill the bloke off and send him on his way. Ffs.

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Thanks for the insult but having re read my post and your response I don't need to go BACK to University you clearly don't understand a clear and reasonably concise post perhaps you could refer to the poor English specifically and then I can work on it for the future.

Yes you were being pedantic and in taking part in the character and performance assassination of a bloke we should just say thanks for the memories and all move on from without the need for any of the utter insults that's being heaped on him but hey it's a forum let's kill the bloke off and send him on his way. Ffs.

Please tell me in what way I have taken part in a character assassination of Carlos.