Five reasons why Carlos Carvalhal should remain Sheffield Wednesday manager

Just now, CLswfc said:

He as also had record funding. The pressure bit isn't an argument. I firmly believe whilst DC is at the helm his place is relatively safe. So why would he be plying his trade under pressure. His stubbornness corroborates this. Any other manager with some of the unacceptable results and performances would be now working under enormous pressure. I don't see this with CC.

Not sure how some come to the conclusion DC won’t sack him. 

DC wants one thing, promotion. Then he’ll get a massive return on his investment. He isn’t stupid - he’s not experienced in football but he’s an intelligent business man. He knows he’s at the end of the line for what he can invest atm team wise and he also knows the fans won’t carry on paying n the door forever whilst these performances continue. 

In nearly all the threads and reports I read, not many people are having a go at our players. The majority of fans point to a squad who are underachieving. That’s surely down to the coach. 

DC must see that. 

You know we nay find out later that. The players are demotivated by some hairbrain scheme from DC and the ppppathetic!!! Wednesday commercial department. And find out the only thing that held anything together was Carlos. Just sayin?

1 minute ago, jfr142 said:

You know we nay find out later that. The players are demotivated by some hairbrain scheme from DC and the ppppathetic!!! Wednesday commercial department. And find out the only thing that held anything together was Carlos. Just sayin?

We might also install a manager in the next few weeks who gets the best out of a very good squad and storms the division. 

Just sayin 

Just now, Essix Blue said:

Is that it? One stat?

When you say ‘whilst building a squad’, are you insinuating that he’s actually still building it?

I think we are still trying to build yes. Boyd and Butterfield show that.

Is Carlos doing the recruitment though? I sense not.

If our chairman is doing it we have a problem irrespective of who the manager is.

The result was disappointing against Bolton, but we created plenty of chances and attacked. The likes of Hooper, Fletcher, Bannan, etc all look to be playing for their manager. Many of the comments about Carlos sound as if we are losing 3-0 every game and not creating chances. That's not the case. Nothing is guranteed in football and firing Carlos will not gurantee we get somebody else in and we go straight up. He has had two good seasons, so he deserves a bit more time to turn it around. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield-Wednesday-manager-Carlos-Carvalhal-before-the-game.jpg

The Sheffield Wednesday manager is under fire after a series of disappointing results but there are attributes and qualities that this man has that give him great credentials to remain manager of SWFC.

1. He stays professional, calm and classy under pressure
Social Media is never the best when disappointing results come in and Carlos has had his fair share of abuse over the last few weeks and been called all the names under the sun (WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS??). He's also been asked some straight forward questions regarding the results and challenges that he's experienced. During this time he's remained calm, professional and above all classy when hit by his critics. For me this is the kind of personality I want representing our football club. Especially given some of the managers we've had in the past to put up with *cough* Dave Jones *cough*

Carlos Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

2. On paper he's delivering continual improvement and higher finishes each season

Whatever your opinion currently regarding Carlos Carvalhal the truth is that facts don't lie. On paper he's been at Sheffield Wednesday and delivered year on year improvement with higher finishes each year. In any other business you'd not fire that person but give them a payrise.

If Sheffield Wednesday's trend of finishing higher in the league each season continues then it's simply a matter of time before we're guaranteed to be in the Premier League. That's the facts of the matter. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant as it's down there in black and white. He's delivering.

skysports-carlos-carvalhal-sheffield-wednesday-close-up-on-touchline_4090830.jpg

3. He takes full responsibility for his players and his results

Carlos Carvalhal isn't a football manager who ever shirks his responsibility and during his last few press conferences I've lost count of the number of times he's took full responsibility for his results. Admirable trait to have and again something I like to see in managers at my football club

sheffield_star.jpg

3. What he says makes total sense

You might mock the £20 note press conference (I know I did - it was funny right?) but everything he said regarding that poor battered note was bang on. This is just one example of what he says being spot on and making total sense.

The delivery might not be as clear as you might like but this is a Portugese professional living and working in England and learning the language. With a bit of patience you listen to him and when you take all the heat, passion and anger out of what you're feeling you realise he speaks the truth. He never lies. He just states it as it is and it's always sensible and correct.

carlos-carvalhal-sheffield-wednesday-carvalhal-at-training_3764384.jpg

5. He has had a few big things go against him
This is a manager who's been without Loovens, Kieran Lee, Fernando Forestieri, Kieran Westwood and more major players that would impact any team. The squad has been depleted of quality and as a result we're not fielding our strongest side. Much has gone against Carlos at Sheffield Wednesday this season. Is it fair to penalise the manager when the players aren't fit and making basic errors or is it wiser to stick with a manager we know and trust who has a track record of year on year improvement, who's delivering more possession per game and goals per game than any other Sheffield Wednesday manager in the last 50 years?

There you go

Five (good) reasons to keep Carlos. 

I'm backing him. Join me. Carlos IN

I would see you are deluded if you believe that.

How is Carlos taking responsibility a reason for him to stay?

If he was saying after games that players are making mistakes and not doing what the coaching staff are asking them to do, THAT would be a reason to back Carlos and blame the players instead for the poor results. But he's asking us to blame him. He's admitting that the poor results are his fault. I agree with him.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

If a manager loses the respect and trust of the supporters then he simply can not stay. Think CC reached this against Sheff U.

He did, but it wasn’t just that one game. 

Then beating leedz (after the Brum loss) papered over the cracks a little, but as is now evident beating Weeds wasn’t such a big result - they’re falling apart again. 

4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

On this we agree. 

Question is how?

Do you know what mate, I don't know. We are always slow starters and I think we will improve. I hope he turn it around.

We need an experienced back up for Loovens. Lees is lost without him.

11 minutes ago, heppers said:

A 41.75% win ratio all in the Championship while building a squad.

Or if we don't live in the past, it's 33% this season when promotion is the sole aim.

Or 6% of the available points taken from our games against the current bottom 4.