Five reasons why Carlos Carvalhal should remain Sheffield Wednesday manager

3 of the 4 players you say he's been unlucky to be without he didnt sign. Despite spending 20m on the squad how much has he improved it?

Ok FF and Hooper and some more but how many of our players has he improved since being here? How many have dropped off a cliff? - Rhodes, McGugan, Emmanuelson, McGeady, Macca etc

4 minutes ago, EveryWednesday said:

3 of the 4 players you say he's been unlucky to be without he didnt sign. Despite spending 20m on the squad how much has he improved it?

Ok FF and Hooper and some more but how many of our players has he improved since being here? How many have dropped off a cliff? - Rhodes, McGugan, Emmanuelson, McGeady, Macca etc

everyone on owlstalk wanted LM, and they are never wrong lol

2 hours ago, runningaround said:

Bolton for me were very fortunate......

Yes.

They were very fortunate in playing us.

Because any team on a poor run of results must think Christmas has come early when they're due to play us. It's so predictable now it's beyond a joke. It's not just Bolton, it happens again and again. And Carlos is not fixing the problem.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Carlos out and if this site insists on supporting him, in the words of a Dragon "I'm out" At least until he is gone or this site wants him gone.

Not QUITE sure you understand quite how the internet works 

lol

This ‘site’is currently running st 99.999999% Carlos Out threads and posts

Owlstalk Shop

16 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think number 2 is the most important point. How long do you wait until it becomes obvious that we won't improve on last seasons finish this time around. As it stands there is still time to have a decent season if we make the most of what we have got but defeats to teams that simply can't buy results until we rock up suggests that won't happen under him.

The first season was great as it was new but we nearly missed out on the play offs due to dire results against the bottom 6. We put much of that right last season but this season we have been poor against poor teams again but are also not playing with any intent, certainly in away games, until we go behind.

Wait until it doesn't happen...

9 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Yes.

They were very fortunate in playing us.

Because any team on a poor run of results must think Christmas has come early when they're due to play us. It's so predictable now it's beyond a joke. It's not just Bolton, it happens again and again. And Carlos is not fixing the problem.

Fortunate twice this season

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield-Wednesday-manager-Carlos-Carvalhal-before-the-game.jpg

The Sheffield Wednesday manager is under fire after a series of disappointing results but there are attributes and qualities that this man has that give him great credentials to remain manager of SWFC.

1. He stays professional, calm and classy under pressure
Social Media is never the best when disappointing results come in and Carlos has had his fair share of abuse over the last few weeks and been called all the names under the sun (WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS??). He's also been asked some straight forward questions regarding the results and challenges that he's experienced. During this time he's remained calm, professional and above all classy when hit by his critics. For me this is the kind of personality I want representing our football club. Especially given some of the managers we've had in the past to put up with *cough* Dave Jones *cough*

Carlos Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

2. On paper he's delivering continual improvement and higher finishes each season

Whatever your opinion currently regarding Carlos Carvalhal the truth is that facts don't lie. On paper he's been at Sheffield Wednesday and delivered year on year improvement with higher finishes each year. In any other business you'd not fire that person but give them a payrise.

If Sheffield Wednesday's trend of finishing higher in the league each season continues then it's simply a matter of time before we're guaranteed to be in the Premier League. That's the facts of the matter. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant as it's down there in black and white. He's delivering.

skysports-carlos-carvalhal-sheffield-wednesday-close-up-on-touchline_4090830.jpg

3. He takes full responsibility for his players and his results

Carlos Carvalhal isn't a football manager who ever shirks his responsibility and during his last few press conferences I've lost count of the number of times he's took full responsibility for his results. Admirable trait to have and again something I like to see in managers at my football club

sheffield_star.jpg

3. What he says makes total sense

You might mock the £20 note press conference (I know I did - it was funny right?) but everything he said regarding that poor battered note was bang on. This is just one example of what he says being spot on and making total sense.

The delivery might not be as clear as you might like but this is a Portugese professional living and working in England and learning the language. With a bit of patience you listen to him and when you take all the heat, passion and anger out of what you're feeling you realise he speaks the truth. He never lies. He just states it as it is and it's always sensible and correct.

carlos-carvalhal-sheffield-wednesday-carvalhal-at-training_3764384.jpg

5. He has had a few big things go against him
This is a manager who's been without Loovens, Kieran Lee, Fernando Forestieri, Kieran Westwood and more major players that would impact any team. The squad has been depleted of quality and as a result we're not fielding our strongest side. Much has gone against Carlos at Sheffield Wednesday this season. Is it fair to penalise the manager when the players aren't fit and making basic errors or is it wiser to stick with a manager we know and trust who has a track record of year on year improvement, who's delivering more possession per game and goals per game than any other Sheffield Wednesday manager in the last 50 years?

There you go

Five (good) reasons to keep Carlos. 

I'm backing him. Join me. Carlos IN

As Richard Ashcroft once said, the drugs don't work.

• Haha 1