Five reasons why Carlos Carvalhal should remain Sheffield Wednesday manager

21 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

The result was disappointing against Bolton, but we created plenty of chances and attacked. The likes of Hooper, Fletcher, Bannan, etc all look to be playing for their manager. Many of the comments about Carlos sound as if we are losing 3-0 every game and not creating chances. That's not the case. Nothing is guranteed in football and firing Carlos will not gurantee we get somebody else in and we go straight up. He has had two good seasons, so he deserves a bit more time to turn it around. 

Congratulations, here's your clapper post of the year.

Lots of reasons why he has to go ,but in short, he doesn't have a strong leader in the squad,( if Loovens is out) a big powerful presence. We can get away with it at home, but are and have been away from home in the whole time he has been manager.

Trouble is he refuses point blank to accept it.

Instead he insists on allowing  and encouraging Bannan to dictate play. Sorry but  we  will never got promotion if Bannan is calling the shots away from Hillsborough.

Our short comings are exposed away from home, Preston Bolton x2 Burton, Birmingham.

1. He stays professional, calm and classy under pressure

Sorry, but that doesn't win games.

2. On paper he's delivering continual improvement and higher finishes each season

Ever so slightly bending the truth! Since he joined the club, he's delivered just one higher finish when compared to his own previous seasons. As for continual improvement, sorry, but I can't agree. The same flaws that have plagued us since his arrival still exist, and there's little sign he even recognises them let alone how to fix them.

3. He takes full responsibility for his players and his results

Is this the same guy who blamed the referee yesterday?

4. What he says makes total sense

Again, worthless unless you can translate that into actual results.

5. He has had a few big things go against him

Fair comment, but show me a club who don't have a few things go against them during the season. Surely one of the qualities of a good manager is to overcome those difficulties.

I agree with most of the OP and I've supported him on the basis that he seemed to be a good coach and try to play good football but now I just see a man who's overlooking the basics and seems lost. Yesterday was so disorganised, and this now happens every other game. Over the past few seasons we've had record clean sheets and we've thought the team just lacks some attacking pace and width but now the problems are everywhere, even our previously reliable keepers. I really want him to get this right and thought the pigs game would have made him step back and have look at the shape and tactics but it was there again yesterday for all to see. I'm hoping Hutch back will pull the shape together again, rather than a new manager, but I fear the crowd has turned and it will take something special to win them back. 

33 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

He as also had record funding. The pressure bit isn't an argument. I firmly believe whilst DC is at the helm his place is relatively safe. So why would he be plying his trade under pressure. His stubbornness corroborates this. Any other manager with some of the unacceptable results and performances would be now working under enormous pressure. I don't see this with CC.

I think you're absolutely right. CC will be here until the play offs are mathematically gone. DC doesn't operate like most other chairmen and I am coming to the conclusion that he is more culpable in all this than CC.

Sticking with Carlos long term is fine if your chairman has faith in you and is in no rush to go up, however DC wanted PL football within 2 years. 

Carlos has failed. 

We look closer to a team in mid table or worse than a side chasing promotion and are becoming increasingly reliant on players from season 1 or going on long unbeaten runs or consecutive wins to get back in the mix. 

The side doesn’t look capable of this, this season and are dropping points on a regular basis. 

To to me I don’t care if we have a manager that dances up and down the touchline or stands there with his arms folded, so long as their tactics and coaching work. 

Carlos’ no longer seem to be getting the desired effect. Slowly but surely he is losing the fans, you see this week to week though I would never condone abuse either directly or indirectly. 

We need a manager that has a promotion on his CV from this league and knows what it takes to get out if this league. Times up for Carlos and the longer this goes on the messier it will get. 

UTO

47 minutes ago, heppers said:

Be careful what you wish for. CC is under achieving at present and I think any new manager will create a short term lift. However, I feel the long term scenario under Carlos is the best option.

Isn't that the usual reason folk are given the boot in any job , because they should be doing better with the tools available .

The Huddersfield disgrace has cost the club hundreds of millions and in my opinion was a sackable episode by itself 

"Be careful what you wish for "  footballs latest "in" phrase

38 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Maybe things might be different if he was working under a chairman/ex chairman like Lord Suger.

RgeDwl.gif

Totally agree.

38 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Not sure how some come to the conclusion DC won’t sack him. 

DC wants one thing, promotion. Then he’ll get a massive return on his investment. He isn’t stupid - he’s not experienced in football but he’s an intelligent business man. He knows he’s at the end of the line for what he can invest atm team wise and he also knows the fans won’t carry on paying n the door forever whilst these performances continue. 

In nearly all the threads and reports I read, not many people are having a go at our players. The majority of fans point to a squad who are underachieving. That’s surely down to the coach. 

DC must see that. 

If you have read any of comments I believe the players are just as responsible for the poor performances and results as CC. Maybe more so. I dont think he is the right man for the job. Going back to DC, there as been no evidence whatsoever that there will be any imminent changes to the head coach/manager. position . Up until a few weeks ago he sanctioned loan moves in and out of the club. Does CC look a worried man. Don't think so. He might be gone in a few weeks time might not be.

I think whoever is responsible for the recruitment policy is either very stupid or naive. If DC then I think the latter due to his inexperience in football ownership. 

1 hour ago, heppers said:

Be careful what you wish for. CC is under achieving at present and I think any new manager will create a short term lift. However, I feel the long term scenario under Carlos is the best option.

He's the first manager to have £ at Hillsboro for a long time. In my opinion it's not been spent wisely, I'm sure many agree. Do we stick with CC then just in case his replacement doesn't do better ?

3 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

If you have read any of comments I believe the players are just as responsible for the poor performances and results as CC. Maybe more so. I dont think he is the right man for the job. Going back to DC, there as been no evidence whatsoever that there will be any imminent changes to the head coach/manager. position . Up until a few weeks ago he sanctioned loan moves in and out of the club. Does CC look a worried man. Don't think so. He might be gone in a few weeks time might not be.

I think whoever is responsible for the recruitment policy is either very stupid or naive. If DC then I think the latter due to his inexperience in football ownership. 

Forgot to add his loyalty towards CC.